You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Concept of God
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Concept of God

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » The God, His Messengers & Prohpets   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Concept of God Reply with quote  

Concept of God

Man has been seeking for his Creator from the beginning of known human history. He has called his Creator by many different names, at different times and in different places.

According to religion the earliest created man and woman were aware of their Creator and prayed to Him. As time passed their descendants did not transmit the knowledge of the Creator to their offspring properly. At some point in time they lost this knowledge almost completely.

Man has an innate nature to seek for his Creator. While seeking for his Creator, anything that were very powerful, enormous, or unusual, drew his attention and he worshipped them. He even worshipped fellow human beings who were gifted with special abilities by God, could perform magic or miracles.

Everything we see around us has been created by someone. The houses, cars, TV, radios etc. did not come into existence by themselves. Although we do not know the individuals who assembled them, we know for sure that human hands are behind their creation.

If any 'beings of outer space' ever see our space machines, they probably will marvel at the precise function of their intricate mechanical and electronic parts. If they observe the exact orbital path that these space crafts follow, will they think that these came into existence by themselves like the other celestial bodies, having no hand behind their creation and function?

Each human cell performs hundreds of thousands of complex chemical reactions every day for its proper function and exact reproduction. All tissues and organs in the body are regulated by biological laws set forth for them. The brain does not perform the function of heart and the heart does not perform the function of kidney. The complex and intimate relationships between the organs are precise and governed by fundamental laws. We may utilize these laws, already set forth for them, to our advantage, but in no way can we alter these fundamental laws.

We see the apparent lifeless seeds grow into plants with life. Again we see plants and animals, full with life, made into lifeless materials. We also observe the vast universe, its grand design, the superb organization, and its precise and flawless functions. Did all these come into existence and continue to exist by themselves? Basic human intelligence will tell us that there is a Creator who brought into existence each and everything around us and beyond. This is God, our Creator and the Creator of the universe.

When we want to perceive anything in our environment we use our organs of perception, e.g. eye, ear, nose, tongue and skin. We do not see the air but we can feel it and see its effect in the environment. Things that can not be perceived by these organs, we try to appreciate them by using our intellect. We discuss their characteristics. In the case of God we appreciate Him by discussing His attributes.

All the attributes of God are unique and only belongs to Him. If reversed, they point only towards Him. For example, God is The Creator, The Creator is God. No one other than God can have these unique attributes. His attributes are absolute, perfect, complete, unconditional, unlimited, independent, ultimate, and everlasting. There can not be two authorities with absolute attributes.

The correct attributes of God can not be combined with wrong attributes. One can not say that God is the Creator of the universe and was born in a human family in New York, because to take birth in a human family is against the attributes of God. Similarly one can not say God can heal all illness but when He went to Nazareth, He could not heal the people there because of their unbelief. God's ability do not depend on our belief or disbelief.

God's attributes can not separated and given to different Authorities, like one is the creator and another is the preserver or Sustainer. In that case there will be multiple Divine Authorities and will create confusion in the universe. One of them will either have no authority over the others, or if He has power over the others than the others will have no independent authority. God is the ultimate Authority of every affair. Multiple Divine Authorities will make incomplete, inadequate, and deficit Gods. They will fight and kill each other to gain power over the others as we find with the gods of mythology.

God is One and Only:
Every attributes of God maintains the unity of His Lordship. All the revealed books proclaimed unity of God.

In the Jewish Holy Book God said:

"I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God"

(Isaiah 44:6)

"You shall have no other gods besides Me."

(Exodus 20:3)

In the Christian Holy Gospel Jesus (P*) said

"The first of all commandments is, 'Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord' "

(Mark 12:29, Deut 6:4)

The Holy Quran says:

"Say, He is God, The One and Only"

(The Quran ; 112:1)

Hindu Holy Book Rig Veda says:

"There is only one God, worship Him"

(Rig Veda, Vol. 6, Hymn 45, verse 16 )

Every Prophet mentioned in the revealed Holy Books, proclaimed unity of God No Prophet ever proclaimed more than one God and no Prophet ever claimed to be God. No Prophet ever associated any one with God in Divinity. There is no association with Him. There can not be more than one ultimate authority.

God is the Creator of the universe:
All revealed Holy Books confirm this. Creator is different from the created. Created are temporal but the Creator is eternal. He is independent of everything and everything is dependent on Him. "Ability to create" being the most important attribute of God, it, therefore, follows that any one who can not create, can not be God. Jesus (P*) said:

"I can of mine own self do nothing"

(John 5:30)

God is eternal and Absolute:
Being eternal nothing caused Him to come to existence and nothing outside Him causes Him to exist. Therefore He is self sustained. He is the Sustainer of the universe. He has no beginning and no end. Everything else has a beginning and an end. They are temporal, relative and conditional.

His attributes are also absolute and everlasting. There cannot be two creators with absolute attributes. It also follows that anything that has a beginning or an end, cannot be God.

Sons of God:
God did not have any father or mother, and He does not have any son or daughter.

'He does not beget nor is He begotten

(The Quran ; 112:3).

The Holy Quran also says:

"It is not befitting to (the Majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him. When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be', and it is"

(The Quran ; 19 : 35).

Sons and daughters of God, as mentioned in some Holy Books, are only metaphorical. In the Bible God said:

"God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should repent."

(Numbers 23:19).

God is the only Savior:

"I am the Lord; and besides me there is no savior"

(Isaiah 43:11, Hosea 13:4).

Quran also says that God is the Savior:

'Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there.

(The Quran ; 19:72)

'Say:It is Allah that delivereth you from these and all (other) distresses: and yet ye worship false gods!'

(THE Quran ; 6:64)

'But Allah will deliver the righteous to their place of salvation: no evil shall touch them, nor shall they grieve.

(The Quran ; 39:61)

He is invisible, but Omnipresent:
The Holy Bible says:

"No man hath seen God at any time"

(John 1 : 18)

Jesus (P*) said :

"Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape"

(John 5:37)

God said to Moses

"Thou canst see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live"

(Exodus 33:20).

The Holy Quran says:

"No vision can grasp Him"

(The Quran ; 6:103).

So the Holy Bible and the Holy Quran agree that anyone who is, or was, visible to the human eye, cannot be God.
Confusion arises when one finds in the Holy Bible that Abraham (P*) sees God face to face and also feeds Him

'And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

'And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

'And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

'Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:

'And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

'And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.

'And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetched a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.

'And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

(Genesis 18:1-8).

Jacob (P*) also saw God and nothing happened to him. He said

"For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life is preserved"

(Genesis 32:30)!

God is All-powerful having power over every thing and has no limitation of ability.
The Holy Quran says:

"Glory be to Him. When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be', and it is"

(The Quran ; 19:35).

In the Holy Bible we find God got tired after creating the havens and the earth, and needed rest:

"That in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed"

(Exodus 31:17).

God wrestled with Jacob at night in a tent but He did not prevail against Jacob.

"Then he (God) said, 'Let me go, for the day is breaking'. But Jacob said, 'I will not let you go, unless you bless me' ... Then he (God) said, 'your name shall no more be called Jacob, but Israel, for you have striven with God and with men, and have prevailed'"

(Genesis 32:24, 25, 26, 28).

God was with Judah but could not help him win the plain.

"And the LORD was with Judah; and he took possession of the hill country, but he could not drive out the inhabitants of the plain, because they had chariots of iron.

(Judges 1:19)

He is The All-knowing:
The Holy Quran says:

"He knows what is in the havens and on earth; and He knows what you conceal and what you reveal: yes, God knows well the (secrets) of (all) hearts"

(The Quran ; 64:4).

In the Holy Bible God does not appear to be informed of the present or future events.
God said to Prophet Abraham (P*):

"I will go down to see whether they (people of Sodom and Gomorrah) have done altogether according to the outcry which has come to me: and if not, I will know"

(Genesis 18:21).

"And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the sons of men had built"

(Genesis 11:5)

It also appears that when God created mankind, He did not know in advance what man would be doing in future! So later on He regrets creating man.

"And the Lord was sorry that he made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord said, I am sorry that I have made them"

(Genesis 6:6 - 7).

God is Most Gracious, Most Merciful:

In the Holy Quran, 113 chapters (out of 114) begin with:

"In the name of God, the most gracious and most merciful."

The Holy Quran further reads:

"And He is oft-forgiving, full of loving kindness"

(The Quran ; 85:14).

"On those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, will (God) Most Gracious bestow Love"

(The Quran ; 19:96).

In the Holy Bible one gets a little confused when God says:

"when the land which you are entering to take possession ... and you defeat them; then you must utterly destroy them"

(Deuteronomy 7:2).

"You shall surely put the inhabitants of that city to the sword, destroying it utterly, all who are in it and the cattle, with the edge of the sword ... . you shall save alive nothing that breathes"

(Deuteronomy 13:15; 20:16).

"And the Lord said: "Go through the city and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have you pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children, and women"

(Ezekiel 9:5 - 6).

"The Lord said: Because they have forsaken me ... and have burned incense in it unto other gods, ... I will make them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and everyone shall eat the flesh of their neighbor"

(Jeremiah 19:4,9 & Leviticus 26 : 29).

So, when God orders innocent animals, little children; women, and old people to be killed and makes parents eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, God does not appear to be a very kind, all loving and all forgiving God, and that

"God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son" to redeem the sins of the world '

(John 3:16).

God is most Just:
The Holy Bible says:

"The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him"

(Ezekiel 18:20);

"and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour"

(I Corinthians 3:8).

The Holy Quran says:

"God is never unjust in the least degree"

(The Quran ; 4:40).

Therefore, as a just God, He cannot punish 'A' for the crime of 'B'. So God cannot crucify innocent Jesus (P*) to redeem the guilty. Concept of redemption is against the teaching of the Holy Bible.
God does not incarnate:

In the Old Testament there are many prophecies about future Prophets and events. There is no prophecy for God to come as incarnate. The Holy Bible says:

"For God is not the author of confusion"

(I Corinthians 14:33).

The concept of incarnation and Trinity was introduced to the world by Hinduism long before Christianity. It appears these doctrines were borrowed from them, with some modification.

God is Truth and Honesty:
In the Holy Bible God tells people to be dishonest.
God says in Holy Quran:

"And cover not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth when you know (what it is)"

(The Quran ; 2:42).

Before the Exodus, God says to Moses (P*):

"But every woman shall borrow of her neighbor, and of her that sojourneth in her home, jewels of silver and jewels of Gold, and raiment: and you shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters: and you shall spoil the Egyptians"

(Exodus 3:22).

Personal name of God:
God is a common name. Although we all are men, each of us has a personal name. The personal name of God in Aramaic (the mother tongue of Jesus-P*), is ALAHA. In Hebrew it is ALAH, ELAH, or ELOH. (Encyclopedia Britanica 1980, 'On church doctrines', & New and improved edition of the Holy Bible, edited by Rev. C. I. Scoffield).
According to the Holy Bible, when Jesus (P*) was being crucified, he cried out "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabach thani? which means,

'My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

(Mark 15: 34).

In the Holy Quran God says:

"Say (O' Mohammed), He is Allah, the one and only"

(Q(The Quran ;. 112:1).

Allah is from AL-ILAH, one to be worshipped.

In Arabic Holy Bible the name of Creator is given as Allah.

So the personal name of God is Allah. Moses, Jesus (P*), and Mohammad (P*) all called Him by this name. Allah is a unique name. It has no plural, no gender, and it cannot be mutilated as we see with the word 'God' viz. God (greater God), god (lesser God), Gods, Goddess, Godchild, Goddaughter, Goddamned, Godfather, Godmother, Godhead, Godless, Godlike, Godly, Godsend, etc.

Concept of God in Hindu Scripture:

(Rig Veda, Vol. 6, Hymn 45 vs 16 )

"Do not worship any one beside Him"

(Rig Veda Bk. 8, Hymn 1, Vs 1)

"God is only one, - not a second"-

(Chandogya Upanishad Ch. 6, Section 2, verse 1).

Brahma Sutra, main creed of Vedanta, reads:

"Ek kam Braham Dusra nasti, Nia naste, naste kichan"- (In Hindi: -"Bhagaban ek hi hai, dusra nehi hai, nehi hai, nehi hai, jera bhi nehi hai" ). In English

"There is only one god, not a second one; not at all, not at all, not in the least of it."

Physical form of God:

"There is no image of Him" ("God is formless and bodiless.")

(Yajur Veda, Chap. 32:3)

"God is bodiless and pure"

(Yajur Veda, Chap. 40:8)

"There is no likeness of Him.

(Spretas patara Upanishad Ch 4:19).

His form can not be seen"

(Spretas patara Upanishad Ch 4:20).

"Of that God you cannot make any images"

(Yajur Veda, Chap. 3:32)

"Of Him there is no parent or Lord"

(Spretas patara Upanishad Ch 6 Verse 9).

Worship of God:

"He is unborn and He should be worshipped."

(Yajur Veda, Chap. 32:4)

"Do not worship any one beside Him"

(Rig Veda Bk. 8, Hymn 1, Vs 1)

"All those who worship the Asambhuti (things of nature like fire, air, water etc.) they are in darkness, and you will enter more into darkness if you worship Sambhuti (the created things)."

(Yajur Veda, Chap. 40:9).

"Those whose intelligence has been stolen by materialistic desires, they worship Demigods."

(Bhagavad Gita 7:19-21).

After the above discussion it may be a little difficult for many people, who is willing to use reasons and commonsense to accept a God who is

ignorant of present and future events,

regrets for his past actions,

unable to win a wrestling match with a man,

orders innocent women, children, elderly people, and animals to put to sword, and

advises people to be dishonest or

has multiple heads and limbs.

In Summary:

God is One and Only. He is not a part of Trinity. There is no association with Him.

He is The Creator of the Universe.

He does not Beget, nor is He Begotten. He has no son, nor is He the son of anyone.

He does not incarnate.

He has no beginning and no end. He is Eternal, Absolute and Everlasting.

He is the Most Gracious, Most Merciful, Most Forgiving and Most Loving.

He is Most Just. Does not punish innocents to redeem the guilty.

He is invisible but Omnipresent.

He is the Cherisher and Sustainer.

He has no limitation of ability.

He does not get tired and does not need rest or sleep.

He is the All-knowing. He is not ignorant of the future and does not regret.

He is the only Savior.

He is the Most Unique Pure Monotheistic God, ALLAH. There is nothing in the heavens and earth that resembles Him. If one imagines of anything, even to compare with God, that is not God. He shares His absolute attributes with no one in the universe. The only unforgivable sin is to associate any one with God's absolute attributes.

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Sun 17 Feb, 2008 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Posted:
Thu 26 Oct, 2006 12:46 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salam brother,

Always a pleasure to read loooong posts from you.

Quote:

I never knew that hindus holybook says theres only one God. Where does the other so many gods come from or what is the concept?, can you please explain.
Post Posted:
Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:05 am
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Capricorn

saudiarabia.gif

Jazak Allaah khair
Post Posted:
Fri 27 Oct, 2006 7:46 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

life wrote:
Salam brother,

Always a pleasure to read loooong posts from you.

Salam brother

No worries mate, cheers

Quote:

life wrote:

I never knew that hindus holybook says theres only one God. Where does the other so many gods come from or what is the concept?, can you please explain.

Well, that is something I read about before I think I saved that document to my laptop withing thousands of document, so I need sometime to find it bro and see why they made millions of gods while their books say there is only one

If I have a shot at an answer then I guess Satan has flawed them as well, like what he did with the Christians, the Jews and many of the Muslims, Satan main objective is to flaw all humanity, that is what Allah told us in the Quran, therefore it is not strange to see most humans are flawed in regard to Allah and His messages

There is no doubt that all genuine prophets and messengers are sent with the same message from the One and only God, therefore you will see many of the corrupted holy books of different religions agree with the uncorrupted book of Islam , Allah indeed sent thousands of prophets and messengers, He told us about some, and He never told us about the others but He told us that He sent others that He will not tell us their stories in the Quran:

There Never Was A People Without A Warner

Quran 35:24
Verily We have sent thee (Muhammad) in truth as a bearer of glad tidings and as a warner:
And there never was a people without a warner having lived among them (in the past).

Quran 16:36
For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle (with the Command) "Serve Allah and eshew Evil"
Of the people were some whom Allah guided and some on whom Error became inevitably (established).
So travel through the earth and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).

Quran 4:164
And Messengers (Prophets who received revealed books) We have mentioned unto thee (Muhammad) before
And Messengers We have not mentioned unto thee;
And Allah spake directly unto Moses.

These verses of the Holy Quran testify that Allah (the One and Only God) has sent prophets to every people. Therefore, it is not surprising to Muslims to find prophecies about the Last Prophet, Muhammad, in previously revealed scriptures. Moreover, Allah had taken covenant with the Prophets to believe and help future Prophets of Allah, as indicated by the verse quoted below.

Allah's Covenant With Prophets

Quran 3:81-82
Behold! Allah took the covenant of the Prophets saying:
"I give you a Book and Wisdom; then comes to you an Apostle confirming what is with you; do ye believe him and render him help."
Allah said: "Do ye agree and take this My Covenant as binding on you?"
They said: "We agree."
He said: "Then bear witness and I am with you among the witnesses."
If any turn back after this they are perverted transgressors.

A Brief Introduction To Hindu Scriptures

The Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas, and Brahmanas Granth are the four sacred books in Hindu religion. The last one is a commentary on the Vedas, but it is considered as a revealed book. These books are in Sanskrit, the sacred language of the Hindus. The Vedas are divided into four books: Rig Veda, Yajur Veda, Sam Veda and Atharva Veda. Of these, the first three books are considered the more ancient books, and the Rig Veda is the oldest of them. The Rig Veda was compiled in three long and different periods. Opinions greatly differ as to the date of compilation or revelation of the four Vedas. Swami Daya Nand, founder of the Arya Samaj, holds the opinion that the Vedas were revealed 1.3 billion years ago, while others (Hindu scholars and orientalists) hold the opinion that they are not more than four thousand years old. Analysis of the Vedas reveal differences in the accounts of the places where these books were revealed and the Rishis (Prophets) to whom these scriptures were given. Nevertheless, the Vedas are the most authentic scriptures of the Hindus.

The Upanishads are considered next to the Vedas in order of superiority and authenticity. However, some Pandits consider the Upanishads to be superior to the Vedas primarily from the internal evidence found in the Upanishads. Next in authenticity to the Upanishads are the Puranas. The Puranas are the most widely read of all Hindu Scriptures, as these are easily available (the Vedas are difficult to find). The compiler of the Puranas is Maha Rishi Vyasa, and he arranged the Puranas in eighteen volumes. These books contain the history of the creation of the universe, the history of the early Aryan people, and life stories of the divines and deities of the Hindus. The Puranas were either revealed simultaneously with the Vedas or some time before. The sanctity and reverence of the Puranas is admitted and recognized in all the authentic books of the Hindus.

For a long time, the Hindu Scriptures were primarily in the hands of Pandits and a small group of men who had learned Sanskrit (The majority of the Hindu population knew Hindi and could comprehend only a smattering of Sanskrit words). Sir William Jones, who was a Judge and founded the Asiatic Society of Bengal, learned Sanskrit in the last decade of the Eighteenth century. He was instrumental in generating interest in Sanskrit and Hindu Scriptures in Europe, and it was due to his efforts that the Hindu scriptures were translated into English.

In 1935, Dr. Pran Nath published an article in the Times of India that showed that the Rig Veda contains events of the Babylonian and Egyptian kings and their wars. Further, he showed that one-fifth of the Rig Veda is derived from the Babylonian Scriptures. From a Muslim perspective, it is likely that the Hindus were given a revealed book or books that contained description and struggles of Allah's Prophets sent previously to other peoples. It is also possible that commentaries written about them were incorporated later and became a part of the revealed books.

There are a number of examples of these in Hindu scriptures. The Atharva ]Veda is also known as 'Brahma Veda' or in its meaning as the Devine Knowledge. An Analysis of the Vedas reveal that 'Brahma' is actually Abraham, where the initial letter A in Abraham is moved to the end making it Brahma. This analysis is accurate when one writes the two words in Arabic script, a language close to that spoken by Prophet Abraham. Similarly, Abraham's first wife Sarah is mentioned in the Vedas as Saraswati, and Prophet Nuh (Noah of The Flood) is mentioned as Manuh or Manu. Some Pundits consider Atharva Veda as the Book of Abraham. Prophets Ismail (Ishmael) and Ishaq (Isaac) are named Atharva and Angira, respectively, in the Vedas.

Background To Prophecies

It is well known that the Hindus love hero worship, and it is reasonable to assume that over a long period of time the high regard and reverence for some Prophets led to some of them considered as god or God. Further, it is likely that the Book of Abraham and those of other Prophets contained prophecies about the Last Prophet, Muhammad . Muslim historians of India hold the opinion that the graves of Prophets Sheesh and Ayyub (Job) are in Ayodhya, in the province of Uttar Pradesh, India. In ancient times, Ayodhya was known as Khosla according to Shatpath Brahmanas.

Some Pundits have now begun to reject the Puranas simply because they find in them many prophecies and vivid signs of the truth of Prophet Muhammad. A case has been made that the present Puranas are not the same collection that Vedas refer to and the real books were lost. Nevertheless, this contention is not correct. It is impossible that all the Puranas which were so widely read and keenly studied, could have fallen in oblivion and totally wiped out, whereas the Vedas, which only a few could read and understand, remained intact until now.

Another argument against the prophecies is that these were added to the Puranas at a later date. Nevertheless, this argument is also without a basis. Such a well-known book, in vast circulation and read at appointed times in prayers, cannot be easily tampered with. Moreover, all the Pandits and the learned divines of the Hindus could not have conspired and secretly added these prophecies to the Puranas. The most strange thing is that the corruption is made in favour of the Prophet and against their own religion.

In addition to many of his qualities, his life events, Abraham, Ka'bah, Bakkah (Makkah) and Arabia, the prophecies mention his name as Mahamad, Mamah, and Ahmad. The name Mahamad appears in the Puranas, Mamah in Kuntap Sukt (in Atharva Veda) and Ahmad in Sama Veda. Many different classifications as to the degree of importance of the Vedas have been made. For example, in Shatpath it is stated that Sama Veda is the essence of all the Vedas. At another place in Taitttriya Brahmana, it is stated that 'This world was created from Brahma, the Vaishas were created from the mantras of the Rig Veda, the Kashtriyas were created from Yajur Veda and Brahmans were created from Sama Veda.

Prophecy In The Puranas

The compiler of the Puranas, Mahrishi Vyasa, is highly honoured among the Hindus as a great rishi and learned person. He was a pious and God fearing man. He also wrote the Gita and the Maha Bharat. Among the eighteen volumes of the Puranas is one by the title 'Bhavishya Puran,' literally meaning future events. The Hindus regard it as the Word of God. The prophecy containing Prophet Muhammad by name is found in Prati Sarg Parv III: 3, 3, Verse 5.

Before the English translation is presented, a note on the word Malechha that appears in the first part of verse 5 is in order. The word Malechha means a man belonging to a foreign country and speaking foreign language. This word is now used to degrade people meaning unclean or even worse. Its usage varies and depends on who is using it and for whom. Sir William Jones had great difficulty in recruiting a Pundit to teach him Sanskrit because he was considered unclean (Malechha). It was only after the direct intervention of Maharaja (King) Shiv Chandra that Pundit Ram Lochna agreed to teach him Sanskrit.

It is not known when this word began to be used in the derogatory sense, whether before the advent of Prophet Muhammad , after the conversion of Hindu King Chakrawati Farmas (of Malabar, located on the southwest coast of India) to Islam during the lifetime of the Prophet, soon after the arrival of Muslims in India (711 CE) or sometime later. Mahrishi Vyasa, the compiler of the Puranas, has defined a wise Malechha as 'a man of good actions, sharp intellect, spiritual eminence, and showing reverence to the deity (God).

Many Sanskrit words have borrowed from Arabic and Hebrew with a slight change as was shown in the examples of Brahma, Saraswati and Manu, and as indicated in the image shown below. It appears that this word is derived from the Hebrew word Ma-Hekha (), which means thy brethren (e.g., And he (Ishmael) shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren. Genesis 16:12; i.e., Ismaelites are the brethren of the Israelites). In the context of Biblical scriptures this word meant a descendant of Prophet Ismail (Ishmael), and it is well known that Muhammad is a descendant of Prophet Ismail through his second son Kedar. Those who can read Arabic Script can easily see that a mistake in separating Ma from Hekha will produce a single word 'Malhekha,' and when adapted in another tongue like Sanskrit might sound like Malechha.

The Sanskrit text and translation of Verse 5 of Bhavishya Puran, Prati Sarg Parv III: 3, 3 are given below. (The boxed area in the Sanskrit text identifies the word Mahamad or Mohammad).
Thumbnail, click to enlarge.

A malechha (belonging to a foreign country and speaking foreign language) spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His name will be Mahamad...

The translation of Verses 5-27 ( Sanskrit text of the Puranas, Prati Sarg Parv III: 3, 3) is presented below from the work of Dr. Vidyarthi.

'A malechha (belonging to a foreign country and speaking foreign language) spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His name will be Mahamad. Raja (Bhoj) after giving this Mahadev Arab (of angelic disposition) a bath in the 'Panchgavya' and the Ganges water, (i.e. purging him of all sins) offered him the presents of his sincere devotion and showing him all reverence said, 'I make obeisance to thee.' 'O Ye! the pride of mankind, the dweller in Arabia, Ye have collected a great force to kill the Devil and you yourself have been protected from the malechha opponents (idol worshipers, pagans).' 'O Ye! the image of the Most Pious God the biggest Lord, I am a slave to thee, take me as one lying on thy feet.'

'The Malechhas have spoiled the well-known land of the Arabs. Arya Dharma is not to be found in that country. Before also there appeared a misguided fiend whom I had killed [note: e.g., Abraha Al-Ashram, the Abyssinian viceroy of Yemen, who attacked Mecca]; he has now again appeared being sent by a powerful enemy. To show these enemies the right path and to give them guidance the well-known Mahamad (Mohammad), who has been given by me the epithet of Brahma is busy in bringing the Pishachas to the right path. O Raja! You need not go to the land of the foolish Pishachas, you will be purified through my kindness even where you are. At night, he of the angelic disposition, the shrewd man, in the guise of a Pishacha said to Raja Bhoj, "O Raja! Your Arya Dharma has been made to prevail over all religions, but according to the commandments of 'Ashwar Parmatma (God, Supreme Spirit), I shall enforce the strong creed of the meat-eaters. My follower will be a man circumcised, without a tail (on his head), keeping beard, creating a revolution, announcing call for prayer and will be eating all lawful things. He will eat all sorts of animals except swine. They will not seek purification from the holy shrubs, but will be purified through warfare. Because of their fighting the irreligious nations, they will be known as Musalmans (Muslims). I shall be the originator of this religion of the meat-eating nation."

More Prophecies In Hindu Scriptures

The Vedas contain many prophecies about Prophet Muhammad. Some European and Hindu translators of the Vedas have removed the name referring to the Prophet, while others have tried to explain away the mantras (verses) on his life events, Ka'bah, Makkah, Medinah, Arabia, and other events using the terminology of the Hindus, such as purification rituals, and lands and rivers in India. Some mantras containing prophecies are inter-mixed with explanatory phrases, and it may be that these were commentaries and explanatory notes on the prophecies, which later became a part of the prophecy.

Several prophecies are found in Atharva Veda: (1) XX: 21, Mantras 6, 7, and 9, (2) XX: 137, Mantras 7 through 9, and (3) X: 2, Mantras 26, 27, 29, 30, and 32. Similarly, in Rig Veda, additional prophecies are found in: (1) VII: 96, Mantras 13 through 16, and (2) I: 53, Mantras 6 and 9. Finally, a prophecy is found in Sama Veda III: 10, Mantra 1. These are a sample of many prophecies. The serious reader may want to refer to scholarly work of Dr. A.H. Vidyarthi, entitled 'Mohammad in World Scriptures' 1990. This book explains the Hindu terminology used in the Mantras and the meaning and usage of certain words and phrases from within the Vedas and other Hindu Scriptures.

Salam brother
Post Posted:
Fri 27 Oct, 2006 11:07 pm