You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Sura 2 - Comments and Feedback ii
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Sura 2 - Comments and Feedback ii

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Quran Translation Feedback and Comments   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Sura 2 - Comments and Feedback ii Reply with quote  

Salam all

Brother The sent me some feedback:

The wrote:
# okay, bud...i went thru those verses and i don't think there's much i would dispute! but i think u should retain the style of the quran; for eg: u have translated 2:12 as,

Salam mate

sure bro, if you think I flawed not to retain that style, please advice asap

[quote="The"]12- Nay, they are mischief-makers but they do not feel.

The wrote:
the verse is:
Ala innahum humu almufsidoona walakinla yashAAuroona

There was a "The" missing which I added it btw before I recieved your feedback, that is why what you had is not 100% identical to is currently posted, sorry mate

The wrote:
that is a question, even if for the sake of rhetoric, but it is, and i think u should also translate it as a question to preserve the style used in the quran! pickthall, sale, and rodwell have, among others, kept the same rhetoric which the quran uses in that verse! (-:

Sure, can you please put the verse down as you see it more proper, cheers

The wrote:
## also, u have translated "idha" as if; yes, it might not make much of a difference in the particular verses i am talkin' about, but i would prefer that u retain "when" and not go for "if" for "idha"

Ok so what you are saying that When fits more than If, great I have no problem with that, will change it inshaallah later today or tomorrowl

The wrote:
..and in "innalladhina kafaru," i believe the "inna" lends some emphasis, while u have simply translated it as "and those who disbelieve"...i would prefer that u add a similar emphasis using "surely" or "indeed" or something like that!

I agree, will do lateron inshaallah

The wrote:
..this is what i meant by retaining the style of the quran; however, if u feel otherwise then i have no problems with it, bud! (-:

not at all, I appreciate your feedback

The wrote:
# i have got some business to attend to, bud, and i am unlikely to be able to participate further! i will try to come on whenever possible, and i hope to see u carry on ur good work!

No probs mate, wheever you have time please come and give a hand

The wrote:
## take care....salam! (-:

Salam

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Fri 05 Oct, 2007 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Posted:
Sat 26 May, 2007 7:12 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The
Rook
Rook

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Quote:
ahmedbahgat wrote:
Sure, can you please put the verse down as you see it more proper, cheers

# this is how pickthall translated it:

Pickthal: Are not they indeed the mischief-makers? But they perceive not.

...the quran poses a question and pickthall has done likewise in his translation!

Quote:
Ok so what you are saying that When fits more than If, great I have no problem with that, will change it inshaallah later today or tomorrowl

# cool! (-:

Quote:
I agree, will do lateron inshaallah

# cool! (-:

Quote:
No probs mate, wheever you have time please come and give a hand

# sure thing, bud! (-:

## take care...salam! (-:
Post Posted:
Sat 26 May, 2007 7:35 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message