You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - does god speak thru its messengers (or other creations)?
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information does god speak thru its messengers (or other creations)?

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » The God, His Messengers & Prohpets   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
The
Rook
Rook

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: does god speak thru its messengers (or other creations)? Reply with quote  

# following is from the 20th chapter, a wonderful exchange between moses and a pharaoh:

Quote:

020.047 So go ye unto him and say: Lo! we are two messengers of thy Lord. So let
the children of Israel go with us, and torment them not. We bring thee a token from
thy Lord. And peace will be for him who followeth right guidance.

020.048 Lo! it hath been revealed unto us that the doom will be for him who denieth
and turneth away.

020.049 (Pharaoh) said: Who then is the Lord of you twain, O Moses ?

020.050 He said: Our Lord is He Who gave unto everything its nature, then guided it
aright.
020.051 He said: What then is the state of the generations of old ?

020.052 He said: The knowledge thereof is with my Lord in a Record. My Lord
neither erreth nor forgetteth,

020.053 Who hath appointed the earth as a bed and hath threaded roads for you
therein and hath sent down water from the sky and thereby We have brought forth
divers kinds of vegetation,

020.054 (Saying): Eat ye and feed your cattle. Lo! herein verily are portents for men
of thought.

020.055 Thereof We created you, and thereunto We return you, and thence We bring
you forth a second time.

020.056 And We verily did show him all Our tokens, but he denied them and refused.

...notice how, in the verse 53, the first person is used; i.e, "We" have brought forth...! again, in 55, thereof "We" created...!

# the above is pickthall's translation; my question is -- was god speaking unto pharaoh through moses? or are those verses not part of moses' speech? or is it the way yusuf ali has translated it?

# salam! (-:
Post Posted:
Sun 23 Dec, 2007 10:03 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salam mate

I don't think it is part of Moses speech to Firon, I believe it is an Iltifat where the Quran shifted all of a sudden to talk about something else

The resosn I said so is simply this word in verse 53 فَأَخْرَجْنَا, Fa Akhragna, which means that Allah brought forth all these types of plants and thamarat, surely Moses and Harun are not resposible for that nor any human for that matter

Allah knows best

Take care

Sun 23 Dec, 2007 10:33 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The
Rook
Rook

Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

# yes...i think i agree with u that those verses are not a part of moses' speech!

...thanks for the help, bro!

## salam...take care!
Post Posted:
Sun 23 Dec, 2007 10:42 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message