You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Web site Traffic
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Web site Traffic

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Announcements   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Web site Traffic Reply with quote  

Salam all

I have directed the traffic of free-islam to my web server on my company lan until I finish transferring it to an aussie web hosting ISP, you can see the huge difference in speed, I love it

Salam

Tue 15 Jan, 2008 1:11 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
ArcadeCafe

Faith:

blank.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Great
Post Posted:
Wed 16 Jan, 2008 2:08 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Lovely
Post Posted:
Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:43 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam All

Just to let you know that I worked on my LAN over the weekend for at least 12 hours, during that time FI would have been down many times, what I'm doing is simply preparing the environment for a new device that I was on the look for for a few weeks, this device will allow me to remote control up to 16 devices power supply

What a I found in the last 5 years of using Broadband that the ADSL modems get out of sync ith the ISP, this may be caused due to a storm or a few other triggers, the only solution is simply to recycle the power for such DSL modem, i.e. turn the power off, wait 10 seconds then turn it on again, this will allow the modem to resync with the isp which will allow the firewall behind the modem to login using PPPoe

After I removed the web site temperorly to my LAN, I just love it, it was damn boring before when it was hosted in the states, now anything I can do takes 1/100 of the time i needed to do it if it is hosted there, I guess this must apply to all ISP, therefore I will fight hard to keep FI on my LAN, I mean fight the company CEO who is my brother in law, and I hope he will be understanding Inshaallah, he just does not want my web activities to be part of his lan which i believe has a lot of merit, however being an MCSE with 15 years IT experience should be assurance to him that I will not allow anything stupid to happen, this actually means that I'm going to add a lot of equipment to my LAN to increase security and redundancy, I already have top hardware and software in place, my lan is not simple actually, it has mail server, web server, sql server, work stations virus server, servers virus server, outlook web access, remote control, 2 terminal servers, file & print server, 3 broadband connections, 3 adsl modems and 3 sonicwall firewalls, this lan is growing fast and currently we have a sub office in Cairo and soon we will open another branch office in the UK

Now let me tell you about this device that I will add soon to my lan, it is called Ethernet Power Switch II, here is how it looks like:

Now, I�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??m only adding this device to the 3 adsl modems that I have, this is because as long as I have one connection live out of the three, then I can reach my lan from any where in the world and restart any server regardless which connection I�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??m coming in through

However my only problem will be, if all 3 connections are down, this means I will not be able to reach my lan through any of my 3 adsl modems, this is very rare indeed, it only happened once in over 3 years, I always have at least one connection up, however I still have a backup plan in case all 3 connection are down, this backup plan involves dialling into my lan using RRAS and any dialup modem over a PSTN line, very slow but it will still allow me to reach my LAN and restart any server I want

Now here comes the tough and very technical part, even if I reach my LAN through any of 3 my ADSL connection or via the slow dialup 56k modem, I can never reach the 3 ADSL modems , this is because the modems are configured as bridges, i.e. no WAN IP address for them, I can only reach them if I have my computer physically attached to the network, but that defies the whole objective of being able to do anything remotely, and that is what this smart device will do to me, I will be able to attach such device into my LAN then control 16 devices, I will start with the 3 ADSL modems only as I don�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t have that problem with any of the 9 servers, and when I do so I will be able to control the power connection for such modems which will allow me to shut down the power and wait 10 seconds then turn it back on again, and sure I will be able to do this from any where as long as I have one connection live or at least a 56 dialup RRAS to my LAN, what I also like about this device that it has Auto Ping feature, which means it will detect any modem that falls and automatically restart that modem without me even doing anything about, man I love technology, here is a brief description of such beauty:

Ethernet Power Controller II
Instantly reboot, start or stop equipment. Control servers, routers and industrial machinery via the web! Customize the web pages with your own links. Do it all securely with multi-level password security.

Powerful AutoPing Reboot
Eliminate those 3 AM service calls! The controller automatically "pings" your servers. Enable AutoPing to automatically reboot when a fault is detected.

Remote Power Monitoring
Check up on your important equipment. Monitor voltage and current remotely using four built-in web meters. Eliminate brown-outs, black-outs, blown breakers and power problems.

Cheers

Sun 20 Jan, 2008 11:23 pm
BMZ

Zodiac: Libra

singapore.gif

Great and well done. But I could not understand the technical jargon. lol! I would need a 101 for me. lol!

It is working very well, indeed.

Salaams, mate
BMZ
Post Posted:
Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:53 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

BMZ wrote:
It is working very well, indeed.

Salaams, mate
BMZ

Salam mate

See man, if I host it at an ISP, I will share a server with possibly 100 web sites if not more, yet I enquired about a dedicated server, and they only offer crappy servers unless I provide my own server which I do have and is a top server that costed me 12,000 bucks, it has 4 cpus, 4 GB of ram, RAID 5, SDLT backup and more, this means that I'm in fact running it now on a dedicated and powerfful server, now assume that I will take that server to an ISP, I still believe that FI will suffer from bandwidth this is because I will still share the ISP bandwidth with thousands others web site that are hosted there, add on top of that the time it will take for MySQL queries, again, with ISP I have to share the DB server with possibly hundreds other DBs for all other forums hosted there, on my LAN I only have 1 DB for my web site, so the queries to find threads and posts will run damn fast with no delay

from all the above, FI has to run on my LAN, no other option as far as the techincal side is concerned

Take care

Tue 22 Jan, 2008 7:40 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam all

Just to let you know that I have configured the web server to restart automatically at 12:00 am Sydney time every day, this should keep the server healthy for longer periods, the total time from shutdown to reboot will be about 4 to 5 minutes

I tried all day today to create a flash movie with a count down for the time left for the next restart and it was really hard, it involves php scriptiing along with action script, I managed to do it but on its own via a link and not embeded in the home page, when I tried to embed it as a block, nothing appears, you can see the stand alone version below:

as you can see the count down is the total number of seconds left for the necxt restart at the next 12:00 AM Sydney time, I tried hard to make it appear as 00:00:00 format but failed then gave up

something else i have to say, if you fimd the home page only showing the banner and nothing under it, then something may have gone wrong with the cockies, delete the cockies and the home page should come on the fly

Cheers

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Posted:
Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:57 pm
BMZ

Zodiac: Libra

singapore.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Salam all

Just to let you know that I have configured the web server to restart automatically at 12:00 am Sydney time every day, this should keep the server healthy for longer periods, the total time from shutdown to reboot will be about 4 to 5 minutes

I tried all day today to create a flash movie with a count down for the time left for the next restart and it was really hard, it involves php scriptiing along with action script, I managed to do it but on its own via a link and not embeded in the home page, when I tried to embed it as a block, nothing appears, you can see the stand alone version below:

as you can see the count down is the total number of seconds left for the necxt restart at the next 12:00 AM Sydney time, I tried hard to make it appear as 00:00:00 format but failed then gave up

something else i have to say, if you fimd the home page only showing the banner and nothing under it, then something may have gone wrong with the cockies, delete the cockies and the home page should come on the fly

Cheers

So far, so good. I haven't experienced any problem. If I do, I will let you know.

Cheers
BMZ
Post Posted:
Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:27 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hello all

Reemebr when I told you about the above device sometime ago

well, you may have noticed that FI web site went down a couple of days ago for 2 hours, well, that device EXPLODED, I was actually at home and all of asudden my connection dropped, i have two other backup connections so I tried them to no avail, so I guessed it that something happen to such device, I called them in the office and asked them if they see any lights on it, the answer was negative, so I took my car and drove to the site, 30 KM away and while trying to check the fuse, it just expoded with big bang, was very scary actually, now to remove it from my lan is another nightmere that took me one hour to achieve

I'm very disappointed indeed, because this device allowd me to shut down or restart all ADSL modems when they go out of sync with the ISP, a common problem with all ADSL connections, well it seems that I have been done and bought some crappy shit, not a big loss though, now I have to search for other ways to be able to restart my modems when I need to

salam
Post Posted:
Mon 09 Jun, 2008 6:02 pm
Rigel
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

india.gif

Quote:
while trying to check the fuse, it just expoded with big bang, was very scary actually, now to remove it from my lan is another nightmere that took me one hour to achieve.

damn it must be some bad capaictor, did u tried to find the reason, why it happened. Overheating? btw hows the voltage at this place and do you use gas-arrestors after circut.breakers at main power. But even incase of high voltage the power.supply in device should burn and bang bang.

Quote:
well it seems that I have been done and bought some crappy shit, not a big loss though, now I have to search for other ways to be able to restart my modems when I need to.

i read about a device linked with your cell fone and it is used to open/close door locks by dailing some numbers. sounds weird but it can actually be used to reset any switches too, do you want me to find more info about it?
Post Posted:
Tue 10 Jun, 2008 1:28 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Rigel wrote:
Quote:
while trying to check the fuse, it just expoded with big bang, was very scary actually, now to remove it from my lan is another nightmere that took me one hour to achieve.

damn it must be some bad capaictor, did u tried to find the reason, why it happened. Overheating? btw hows the voltage at this place and do you use gas-arrestors after circut.breakers at main power. But even incase of high voltage the power.supply in device should burn and bang bang.

I don't know mate, I opened the thing and can see two burns in two locations on the circuit board, the device suppose to be under warranty but I decided not to chase it because i may have to send it back to them which cost a lot because it is heavy, i will see if it is a better option to chase it

Quote:
well it seems that I have been done and bought some crappy shit, not a big loss though, now I have to search for other ways to be able to restart my modems when I need to.

Rigel wrote:
i read about a device linked with your cell fone and it is used to open/close door locks by dailing some numbers. sounds weird but it can actually be used to reset any switches too, do you want me to find more info about it?

yeh mate this should do the trick for me as long as I can have many outlet to control, please find me any info and I will see if I can find it in the UK while I'm there

cheers
Post Posted:
Tue 10 Jun, 2008 1:32 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

See all

the modem went out of sync after I went to bed last night, I just found this now and managed to restart the modem manulally, if I had this device working it would have done so automatically using the auto ping feature in there

well, when I go to the UK i will see if I can find more reliable technology

I will take the chance and let you all know the this weekend, I may have to change the company location, this means that i have to transfer the servers and all hardware to the new location as well, transfer my adsl connections, this may result of takin g down FI for about 48 hours

I thought I let you know

cheers
Post Posted:
Tue 10 Jun, 2008 7:55 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hello all

I decided to leave relocating the company location until when i come back from the UK inshaalllah, I just found today that it will take more than a week and I'm flying in under a week, so there will be no disruption to the site this weekend

Salam
Post Posted:
Tue 10 Jun, 2008 11:04 pm