You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Wine hadith in Sahih Muslim
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Wine hadith in Sahih Muslim

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Hadith & Sunnah   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Enlightened
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Post subject: Wine hadith in Sahih Muslim Reply with quote  

صحيح مسلم - كِتَاب الْحَجِّ - أن العباس بن عبد المطلب استأذن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أن يبيت بمكة ليالي منى من أجل سقايته فأذن له

2319 1316 وَحَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمِنْهَالِ الضَّرِيرُ حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ بْنُ زُرَيْعٍ حَدَّثَنَا حُمَيْدٌ الطَّوِيلُ عَنْ بَكْرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ الْمُزَنِيِّ قَالَ كُنْتُ جَالِسًا مَعَ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ عِنْدَ الْكَعْبَةِ فَأَتَاهُ أَعْرَابِيٌّ فَقَالَ مَا لِي أَرَى بَنِي عَمِّكُمْ يَسْقُونَ الْعَسَلَ وَاللَّبَنَ وَأَنْتُمْ تَسْقُونَ النَّبِيذَ أَمِنْ حَاجَةٍ بِكُمْ أَمْ مِنْ بُخْلٍ فَقَالَ ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ مَا بِنَا مِنْ حَاجَةٍ وَلَا بُخْلٍ قَدِمَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ عَلَى رَاحِلَتِهِ وَخَلْفَهُ أُسَامَةُ فَاسْتَسْقَى فَأَتَيْنَاهُ بِإِنَاءٍ مِنْ نَبِيذٍ فَشَرِبَ وَسَقَى فَضْلَهُ أُسَامَةَ وَقَالَ أَحْسَنْتُمْ وَأَجْمَلْتُمْ كَذَا فَاصْنَعُوا فَلَا نُرِيدُ تَغْيِيرَ مَا أَمَرَ بِهِ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ

So Muslim is basically saying that our prophet drank wine and even gave some to Zaid (I think he was a child back then). As usual, the chapter has NOTHING to do either with Hajj (except for the account being told next to the Ka'aba) or asking the prophet to stay over in order to get drunk. Such a misleading title, as usual. I don't know but I just can't conceive of our prophet drinking wine for some reason when Allah says this:

٥:٩٠ يأيها الذين امنوا انما الخمر والميسر والانصاب والازلام رجس من عمل الشيطان فاجتنبوه لعلكم تفلحون

Obviously from this verse 'ijtanibooh' refers to the 'rijs' and this 'rijs' reffers to 4 things (rijs doesn't have a plural in Arabic as far as I know, one of those words) 'khamr', 'maysir', 'ansab' and 'azlam'. So this verse is telling us to stay away from them.

I heard some people on our group on FB saying that 'khamr' is allowed since no 'tahrim' came down in Quran. What do you think about this? My mind is set on this, the verse is clear.

here are two more hadiths presented by the indecent Amr Adeeb:

Link
Post Posted:
Thu 01 Mar, 2012 10:30 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
gilito

Faith:

Post subject: Reply with quote  

As far as I know, wine was indeed drunk amongst Muslims until such time that the prophibition of alcohol was revealed.

So, whether Mohammed himself ever drank any, I guess we will never know for sure. It is possible he may have done so before the prohibition, or while not yet active as a prophet.

I would be relaxed about such hadith; if it refers to a time before alcohol was forbidden,it is irrelevant information, and if it alleges an event afterwards, then it contradicts the quran, make no sense and can be safely ignored...
Post Posted:
Sun 04 Mar, 2012 6:10 am
Enlightened
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Post subject: Reply with quote  

gilito wrote:
As far as I know, wine was indeed drunk amongst Muslims until such time that the prophibition of alcohol was revealed.

So, whether Mohammed himself ever drank any, I guess we will never know for sure. It is possible he may have done so before the prohibition, or while not yet active as a prophet.

I would be relaxed about such hadith; if it refers to a time before alcohol was forbidden,it is irrelevant information, and if it alleges an event afterwards, then it contradicts the quran, make no sense and can be safely ignored...

Yes we can definitely discard the hadith since it's irrelevant information to begin with. Secondly, if you watch the video, the hadith mentioned there said he drank DAY and NIGHT which means he was drunk most of the time and thus could not has spread the message or even prayed. This was allgedly after he became a prophet.
Post Posted:
Sun 04 Mar, 2012 11:32 pm