You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - 25:45, Did the Quran mention the Earth rotation indirectly?
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information 25:45, Did the Quran mention the Earth rotation indirectly?

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Class Discussion   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: 25:45, Did the Quran mention the Earth rotation indirectly? Reply with quote  

Hello All

This is a tough one to understand but it is all logical and need a rational mind to understand it.

Firstly,1400 years ago the understanding was the earth is stationary and everything in the sky rotates around it including the sun, so 1400 years ago they considered the sun is the one that moves around the earth somehow, indeed this understanding was flawed in conjunction with their wrong understanding that the earth is flat and not round, so they thought the sun appears for its daily course to the whole flat earth at once then disappear to the other uninhibited flat side before it appears again as it rotates around the flat earth.

When the following verse was revealed that says the sun runs to a destined point, no one wondered as they understood already that the sun moves around the earth, i.e. the verse did not cause any confusion stating that the sun moves:

And the sun runs on to a resting place; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.

[The Quran ; 38:36]

وَالشَّمْسُ تَجْرِي لِمُسْتَقَرٍّ لَّهَا ذَلِكَ تَقْدِيرُ الْعَزِيزِ الْعَلِيمِ (38)

-> As I stated, the above verse did not cause any confusion to the Arabs or the enemy of the Quran at the time of revelation, because they already thought that the sun runs around the stationary earth, their understanding was the earth is the centre of the heaven.

-> But surely the verse does not talk about the sun running around the earth as it never said that rather the sun runs to an appointed place which is confirmed by the scientific discovery that the sun moves along a path known as the Solar Apex in the path of the star Vega at an incredible speed of 720,000 kmph. I'm sure man read about this scientific discovery.

The verse I want to discuss is verse 25:45, this verse starts with a very common Quran sentence أَلَمْ تَرَ, which means in the common language Can't you see?, whenever I see this Arabic words in the Quran I have to stop and read carefully what will follow, definitely it means that Allah is about to tell us a sign "Can't you see?", the signs can vary from a clear visual one to historical one to a simple fact, but what I found that whenever it is a scientific fact, it MUST comply with all generations understandings even if their understandings are wrong, like the movement of the sun that I explained above, and that is what I discovered with the help of Allah in verse 25:45.

The verse was stated in a way that does not conflict with whatever understanding at that time with miraculous use of short and briefed Arabic words, we will see that the verse is literally talking about a visual scientific miracle The movement of the shade, that the people of the past can see clearly while thinking wrongly the shade moves due to the movement of the sun around earth, we will discover that the verse was talking indirectly about the earth as we all know that the shade movement is a product of the earth movement around its axis and has nothing to do with the movement of the sun

Let's first look at the verse and see if you can understand it, it is telling to us to investigate closely one of the signs of Allah represented in the movement of shades on earth:

Have you not considered (the work of) your Lord, how He extends the shade? And if He had pleased He would certainly have made it stationary; then We have made the sun an indication of it

[The Quran ; 25:45]

أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى رَبِّكَ كَيْفَ مَدَّ الظِّلَّ وَلَوْ شَاء لَجَعَلَهُ سَاكِنًا ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَا الشَّمْسَ عَلَيْهِ دَلِيلًا (45)

-> The verse starts by telling us to look at the sign of our God through the miracle of the shade movement :Have you not considered (the work of) your Lord, how He extends the shade? and in Arabic : أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى رَبِّكَ كَيْفَ مَدَّ الظِّلَّ, very clear meaning in both Arabic and English, simply Allah is telling us to look at the shade of objects as this shade extends from 0 length to infinity and vise verse, then Allah is telling us that If He had pleased to stop the shade from moving He would have done so : And if He had pleased He would certainly have made it stationary, and in Arabic وَلَوْ شَاء لَجَعَلَهُ سَاكِنًا, Well, the Quran did not say that Allah will make the sun stationary to cause the shade to be stationary as the people of the past thought, so I understood it indirectly that Allah meant He would have stopped the earth from rotating around its axis, let's investigate my claim in details:

You may say this can be indirectly valid for the sun too, i.e to stop the sun instead of stopping the earth according to their understanding at the time that the sun rotates around the stationary earth, which I may agree if the sun was never mentioned in the verse i.e. if the sun nor earth was mentioned in the verse then the verse indirectly applies to both as being stopped to stop the shade, however what came next in the verse surprised me then stroke me hard, Allah said straight after He said he would have made the shade stationary, then He would have made the Sun an evidence of the still shade : then We have made the sun an indication of it and in Arabic ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَا الشَّمْسَ عَلَيْهِ دَلِيلًا

-> See, Allah said that He will make the shade stationary without saying that he will make the sun stationary, this is an important point, because the Quran clearly said in another location 21:33 that the sun swims in an orbit, i.e. if the Quran has said that the sun will be made stationary to make the shade stationary, no one 1425 years ago would have wondered because their understanding was the sun moves around earth and the Quran also said that the sun swim in an orbit NOT AROUND EARTH, but if the Quran has said so i.e the sun will be made stationary to make the shade stationary then this will conflict with science now days but not back then 1425 years ago, because we all know that the shade movement is a result from the earth rotation around its axis

-> So the Quran said the shade will be made stationary and the sun will be an evidence that it is stationary, WITHOUT SAYING THAT SUN WILL BE MADE STATIONARY

-> Well, any object on earth that have shade is actually part of the rotating earth even the atmosphere is part of the earth, i.e. when Allah said first that He will make the shade stationary, He actually means that He will make the earth stationary around its axis then the sun will be there to prove that the shade and earth are stationary without mentioning earth so no conflict arose with the people 1425 years ago when their understanding was that the earth is stationary therefore it can't be stopped because it is stationary

You have to consider that Allah did not need to say He would have made the sun an evidence of the still shade, unless He is telling us a hidden message, I say this because (logically speaking) we need a source of light to see any shade, and the people used to see the shade when the sun is up in the sky not at night really, so saying He will make the sun an evidence of the still shade has no extra info regarding the shade, rather to eliminate the sun as the source of the shade movement, do you get it? it is a tough one i know.

I hope you can see my logic, please let me know what you think

Salam
Post Posted:
Sat 25 Nov, 2006 7:19 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website