You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - 40 Surat Ghafir
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information 40 Surat Ghafir

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Class Discussion   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: 40 Surat Ghafir Reply with quote  

LadyTex wrote:
Ahmed, what do you make out of this?
(sorry for the copy paste)

I don????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t mind copy/paste Quran verses, indeed I prefer to see it in both Arabic and English, so let me bring the Arabic text

[40.32] And, O my people! I fear for you the day of calling out,
[40.33] The day on which you will turn back retreating; there shall be no savior for you from Allah, and whomsoever Allah causes to err, there is no guide for him:
[40.34] And certainly Yusuf came to you before with clear arguments, but you ever remained in doubt as to what he brought; until when he died, you said: Allah will never raise an apostle after him. Thus does Allah cause him to err who is extravagant, a doubter
[40.35] Those who dispute concerning the communications of Allah without any authority that He has given them; greatly hated is it by Allah and by-those who believe. Thus does Allah set a seal over the heart of every proud, haughty one.

[The Quran ; 40:32-35]

وَيَا قَوْمِ إِنِّي أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ يَوْمَ التَّنَادِ (32)
يَوْمَ تُوَلُّونَ مُدْبِرِينَ مَا لَكُم مِّنَ اللَّهِ مِنْ عَاصِمٍ وَمَن يُضْلِلِ اللَّهُ فَمَا لَهُ مِنْ هَادٍ (33)
وَلَقَدْ جَاءكُمْ يُوسُفُ مِن قَبْلُ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَمَا زِلْتُمْ فِي شَكٍّ مِّمَّا جَاءكُم بِهِ حَتَّى إِذَا هَلَكَ قُلْتُمْ لَن يَبْعَثَ اللَّهُ مِن بَعْدِهِ رَسُولًا كَذَلِكَ يُضِلُّ اللَّهُ مَنْ هُوَ مُسْرِفٌ مُّرْتَابٌ (34)
الَّذِينَ يُجَادِلُونَ فِي آيَاتِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ سُلْطَانٍ أَتَاهُمْ كَبُرَ مَقْتًا عِندَ اللَّهِ وَعِندَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كَذَلِكَ يَطْبَعُ اللَّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ قَلْبِ مُتَكَبِّرٍ جَبَّارٍ (35)

Thanks for bringing these verses in, I have memories with it indeed, about 18 years ago to be exact, one day I was sitting down and thought of a compelling logic, later on while I was reading the Quran I was shocked to find the same logic that I thought of on my own is stated clearly in the Quran, I really felt delighted at the time and discussed the matter with all my friends I was living in Egypt and many agreed with my logic while others found it hard to understand, so I don????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t know where to start, I hope I don????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t confuse you though, I always do my best to be as clear as possible and to my credit many appreciate my clarity if you take the spelling and grammar out of the picture

Let me start by saying what the verses 40:32-35 are about first

When Allah sent Moses to Pharaoh with the warning to repent and submit to the one God, Pharaoh rejected the message, and not only that he refused to allow the Jews whom he slaved to move out of Egypt with Moses

As you know that Allah supported Moses with a few miracles, and this what took Pharaoh by a surprise, that is why he didn????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t kill Moses on the spot while it would have been so easy for Pharaoh to do so, he became confused and intimidated , of course his weird action is understood if you consider that Pharaoh was claiming to be god himself and if he listens to Moses then he is not a god any more. Pharaoh was done big times by Satan

After the big incident when Moses beat the magicians while Pharaoh watched in disbelief, he insisted on his disbelief so he had a big meeting behind closed doors with his top advisers and government members, simply Pharaoh wanted to plan a plot to kill Moses and all his followers, one of Pharaoh government members who was attending the meeting has believed in Moses but he was hiding it fearing the revenge of Pharaoh, and that is what these verses and more are all about, in fact the verses you posted were after that believer had enough of Pharaoh and started to announce his belief.

Before that he was hiding his belief and was trying to halt the plot of killing Moses by a simple logic, and that is exactly the logic I was thinking of earlier and before I have ever read these verses, it ended up making great sense to me because that is what my mind was thinking of exactly.

The best way is to explain my logic then pick the story of that man when he was hiding his belief in Moses and you will see that he said what I was thinking about exactly, then I will continue his story through verses 40:32-35 that you posted above

The logic:

Imagine this, I came to you with a very sensible argument, and at the same time I warned you that there will be punishment if you don????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t follow it, that punishment will not be incurred by me, rather by a third entity, let????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢s call it my Judge, the logical assumption has to be that my Judge will be 100% fair

On the other hand if I????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢m a liar but clever and assuming there will be another Judge, let????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢s call it your Judge, then we have to also and logically assume that your Judge will be 100% fair.

Let????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢s put this to work in real life using the example of Moses

Moses was sent with a very strong argument to Pharaoh, but Pharaoh totally ignored the strength in the argument and insisted that his judge is the right one and not Moses judge (do you get it so far?)

I see this as very stupid act by Pharaoh because if Moses judge is the right one then Pharaoh has no excuse because he has no strength in his argument that he was a god, i.e. Moses Judge has every right to punish Pharaoh according to the message sent with Moses, no escape for Pharaoh

But if Moses is a liar and Pharaoh????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢s Judge is the right one then he can????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t punish Pharaoh for following Moses because Moses presented a strong argument to Pharaoh and Pharaoh was an intelligent man so he followed Moses, remember the assumption that Pharaoh's Judge must be 100% fair too.

I????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢m not sure if you got my logic, it is a bit hard, but see how it is stuck in my head for 18 years, I really find the above logic simple to comprehend on my side but I also admit that I found it hard for many to understand, I only hope you can comprehend it, anyway this is exactly what that believing man who was holding an important role in Pharaoh government told everyone during the meeting to plot killing Moses, let????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢s have a look at the verses:

[40.26] Said Pharaoh: Leave me to slay Moses; and let him call on his Lord! What I fear is lest he should change your religion, or lest he should cause mischief to appear in the land!

[40.27] Moses said: I have indeed called upon my Lord and your Lord (for protection) from every arrogant one who believes not in the Day of Account!

[40.28] A believer, a man from among the people of Pharaoh, who had concealed his faith, said: "Will ye slay a man because he says, 'My Lord is Allah'?- when he has indeed come to you with Clear (Signs) from your Lord? and if he be a liar, on him is (the sin of) his lie: but, if he is telling the Truth, then will fall on you something of the (calamity) of which he warns you: Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies!

[40.29] O my people! yours is the kingdom this day, being masters in the land, but who will help us against the punishment of Allah if it come to us? Firon said: I do not show you aught but that which I see (myself), and I do not make you follow any but the right way.

[40.30] And he who believed said: O my people! surely I fear for you the like of what befell the parties:

[40.31] The like of what befell the people of Nuh and Ad and Samood and those after them, and Allah does not desire injustice for (His) servants;

[The Quran ; 40:26-31]

وَقَالَ فِرْعَوْنُ ذَرُونِي أَقْتُلْ مُوسَى وَلْيَدْعُ رَبَّهُ إِنِّي أَخَافُ أَن يُبَدِّلَ دِينَكُمْ أَوْ أَن يُظْهِرَ فِي الْأَرْضِ الْفَسَادَ (26)
وَقَالَ مُوسَى إِنِّي عُذْتُ بِرَبِّي وَرَبِّكُم مِّن كُلِّ مُتَكَبِّرٍ لَّا يُؤْمِنُ بِيَوْمِ الْحِسَابِ (27)
وَقَالَ رَجُلٌ مُّؤْمِنٌ مِّنْ آلِ فِرْعَوْنَ يَكْتُمُ إِيمَانَهُ أَتَقْتُلُونَ رَجُلًا أَن يَقُولَ رَبِّيَ اللَّهُ وَقَدْ جَاءكُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ مِن رَّبِّكُمْ وَإِن يَكُ كَاذِبًا فَعَلَيْهِ كَذِبُهُ وَإِن يَكُ صَادِقًا يُصِبْكُم بَعْضُ الَّذِي يَعِدُكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي مَنْ هُوَ مُسْرِفٌ كَذَّابٌ (28)
يَا قَوْمِ لَكُمُ الْمُلْكُ الْيَوْمَ ظَاهِرِينَ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَمَن يَنصُرُنَا مِن بَأْسِ اللَّهِ إِنْ جَاءنَا قَالَ فِرْعَوْنُ مَا أُرِيكُمْ إِلَّا مَا أَرَى وَمَا أَهْدِيكُمْ إِلَّا سَبِيلَ الرَّشَادِ (29)
وَقَالَ الَّذِي آمَنَ يَا قَوْمِ إِنِّي أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُم مِّثْلَ يَوْمِ الْأَحْزَابِ (30)
مِثْلَ دَأْبِ قَوْمِ نُوحٍ وَعَادٍ وَثَمُودَ وَالَّذِينَ مِن بَعْدِهِمْ وَمَا اللَّهُ يُرِيدُ ظُلْمًا لِّلْعِبَادِ (31)

-> Verse 26, See how Pharaoh was plotting to kill Moses : ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????Said Pharaoh: Leave me to slay Moses; and let him call on his Lord!????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? he was fearing that his people will follow Moses:????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? What I fear is lest he should change your religion, or lest he should cause mischief to appear in the land!????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? see how he was confused, he was the one who was causing mischief on earth by claiming to be a god and slaving the Jews, killing their children and raping their women, yet he thinks following Moses religion is the cause for mischief on the land, he sounds as confused as the terrorists who also think that they are the ones who are doing things right (2:8-20)

-> Verse 27, The Quran shifted the scene to Moses and his followers all of a sudden telling us that Moses called for the help of Allah against Pharaoh????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢s plot:????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????Moses said: I have indeed called upon my Lord and your Lord (for protection) from every arrogant one who believes not in the Day of Account!????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

-> Verse 28, The Quran then moved back to Pharaoh and his advisers during the meeting, the Quran tells us about a believer within Pharaoh????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢s people who was hiding his belief:????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? A believer, a man from among the people of Pharaoh, who had concealed his faith, ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????? what the man said to the others exactly simulates my logic explained earlier: ????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????said: Will ye slay a man because he says, 'My Lord is Allah'?- when he has indeed come to you with Clear (Signs) from your Lord? and if he be a liar, on him is (the sin of) his lie: but, if he is telling the Truth, then will fall on you something of the (calamity) of which he warns you: Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies!. SEE HOW WHAT HE SAID SIMULATES MY LOGIC EXCATLY?, subhanallah, please if you can????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢t see it let me know and I will elaborate

-> Verse 29, The man continued to say :????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? O my people! yours is the kingdom this day, being masters in the land, but who will help us against the punishment of Allah if it come to us?????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????, Pharaoh replied to him that there is no god but Pharaoh :????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????Firon said: I do not show you aught but that which I see (myself), and I do not make you follow any but the right way.

-> Verse 30, now we have an argument between Pharaoh and the man who is concealing his faith, the man replied :????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????And he who believed said: O my people! surely I fear for you the like of what befell the parties:????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? it is like he had enough of Pharaoh's arrogance and ignorance and he is coming out of the closet expressing indirectly that he is a believer with no fear, it is like he was building strength while he is debating Pharaoh during the meeting, the man just expressed his fear that what happened to the previous nations will happen to them

-> Verse 31, he even gave them examples of those previous nations who rejected the message and warning sent to them from Allah :????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????The like of what befell the people of Nuh and Ad and Samood and those after them, and Allah does not desire injustice for (His) servants;????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

Then the verses you posted, let me walk you through it:

-> Verse 32, The believing man kept reminding Pharaph with what happenened to the previous nations who rejected the message of Allah:????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????And, O my people! I fear for you the day of calling out,????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????, sort of a day when a disaster will happen, like a flood, tornado, an earthquake or a volcano etc etc

-> Verse 33, He is reminding them that of the decree of Allah is passed then????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????The day on which you will turn back retreating; there shall be no savior for you from Allah, and whomsoever Allah causes to err, there is no guide for him:????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????, of course Allah causes Pharaoh to err, because Pharaoh refused to listen to Allah message, there is no doubt that by sending Moses to Pharaoh, Allah was giving Pharaoh a final and a clear sign that he is wrong and this is mercy from Allah on its own merit, but he showed arrogance and rejection yet he wanted to kill Moses and his followers, and that is why Allah caused him to err

-> Verse 34, The man continued to give them examples of previous and doomed nations:????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????And certainly Yusuf came to you before with clear arguments, but you ever remained in doubt as to what he brought; until when he died, you said: Allah will never raise an apostle after him. Thus does Allah cause him to err who is extravagant, a doubter

-> Verse 35, then the man continued to say :????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????Those who dispute concerning the communications of Allah without any authority that He has given them; greatly hated is it by Allah and by-those who believe. Thus does Allah set a seal over the heart of every proud, haughty one.????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? it is like he is saying Pharaoh is as such while being politically correct.

That is not all if you continue reading the verses after 35 you will see that the man publicly declared his belief in Moses, i.e. he stopped concealing his faith and came out totally of the closet, I????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¢m not going to walk you through it, it is clear to understand what the believing man was telling them:

[40.38] And he who believed said: O my people! follow me, I will guide you to the right course;

[40.39] O my people! this life of the world is only a (passing) enjoyment, and surely the hereafter is the abode to settle;

[40.40] Whoever does an evil, he shall not be recompensed (with aught) but the like of it, and whoever does good, whether male or female, and he is a believer, these shall enter the garden, in which they shall be given sustenance without measure.

[40.41] And, O my people! how is it that I call you to salvation and you call me to the fire?

[40.42] You call on me that I should disbelieve in Allah and associate with Him that of which I have no knowledge, and I call you to the Mighty, the most Forgiving;

[40.43] No doubt that what you call me to has no title to be called to in this world, nor in the hereafter, and that our turning back is to Allah, and that the extravagant are the inmates of the fire;

[40.44] So you shall remember what I say to you, and I entrust my affair to Allah, Surely Allah sees the servants.

[40.45] Then Allah saved him from (every) ill that they plotted (against him), but the burnt of the Penalty encompassed on all sides the People of Pharaoh.

[The Quran ; 40:38-45]

وَقَالَ الَّذِي آمَنَ يَا قَوْمِ اتَّبِعُونِ أَهْدِكُمْ سَبِيلَ الرَّشَادِ (38)
يَا قَوْمِ إِنَّمَا هَذِهِ الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا مَتَاعٌ وَإِنَّ الْآخِرَةَ هِيَ دَارُ الْقَرَارِ (39)
مَنْ عَمِلَ سَيِّئَةً فَلَا يُجْزَى إِلَّا مِثْلَهَا وَمَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُوْلَئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ يُرْزَقُونَ فِيهَا بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ (40)
وَيَا قَوْمِ مَا لِي أَدْعُوكُمْ إِلَى النَّجَاةِ وَتَدْعُونَنِي إِلَى النَّارِ (41)
تَدْعُونَنِي لِأَكْفُرَ بِاللَّهِ وَأُشْرِكَ بِهِ مَا لَيْسَ لِي بِهِ عِلْمٌ وَأَنَا أَدْعُوكُمْ إِلَى الْعَزِيزِ الْغَفَّارِ (42)
لَا جَرَمَ أَنَّمَا تَدْعُونَنِي إِلَيْهِ لَيْسَ لَهُ دَعْوَةٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَلَا فِي الْآخِرَةِ وَأَنَّ مَرَدَّنَا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَأَنَّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ هُمْ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ (43)
فَسَتَذْكُرُونَ مَا أَقُولُ لَكُمْ وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِي إِلَى اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ (44)
فَوَقَاهُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِ مَا مَكَرُوا وَحَاقَ بِآلِ فِرْعَوْنَ سُوءُ الْعَذَابِ (45)

-> See how he faced Pharaoh bravely and announced his belief, and see how Allah saved him after Pharaoh tried to kill him as well :????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? Then Allah saved him from (every) ill that they plotted (against him), but the burnt of the Penalty encompassed on all sides the People of Pharaoh.????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬????????????????????????????

Thanks for reading

Tue 23 Jan, 2007 10:46 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website