You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Have the prophets always talked nice to their people?
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Have the prophets always talked nice to their people?

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Have the prophets always talked nice to their people? Reply with quote  

enquirer wrote:
In the quran is there any example of any prophet (except noah :o.) praying or wishing for the destruction of people that were wrong-doers?...Wouldnt it be better to 'contain' the persistent wrong-doers,and/or teach them how to behave respectfully?

Peace enq

Let's get this thread on track and leave Saddam in his misery alone May Allah destroy him anyway, you raised a few questions above, these questions are the result of the followings:

1) Your ignorance regarding what the God should be
2) Your ignorance regarding what the messengers of the God should be
3) Your ignorance regarding the Quran message and language
4) Your ignorance regarding what humans were created for

That's a lot of ignorance bro, but please don�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t be upset from me because I called you ignorant, I'm taking the prophets mentioned in the Quran as an example who called their people the same when they showed clear cut ignorance because at the end of the day they wanted them to follow the right path as I want you to follow the right path, let me tell you more about a few prophets in addition to Noah:

Prophet Noah

38- And he began to make the ark; and whenever the chiefs from among his people passed by him they laughed at him. He said: If you laugh at us, surely we too laugh at you as you laugh (at us).

39- So shall you know who it is on whom will come a chastisement which will disgrace him, and on whom will lasting chastisement come down.

[The Quran ; 11:38-39]

وَيَصْنَعُ الْفُلْكَ وَكُلَّمَا مَرَّ عَلَيْهِ مَلأٌ مِّن قَوْمِهِ سَخِرُواْ مِنْهُ قَالَ إِن تَسْخَرُواْ مِنَّا فَإِنَّا نَسْخَرُ مِنكُمْ كَمَا تَسْخَرُونَ (38)
فَسَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ مَن يَأْتِيهِ عَذَابٌ يُخْزِيهِ وَيَحِلُّ عَلَيْهِ عَذَابٌ مُّقِيمٌ (39)

-> See, Noah did not only laugh at them as they laughed at him, but he even threaten them with chastisement, and not just that, he even said that this chastisement will DISGRACE THEM: shall you know who it is on whom will come a chastisement which will disgrace him, and on whom will lasting chastisement come down

When Noah had enough from his stupid people, he asked Allah to DESTROY them:

26- And Nuh said: My Lord! leave not upon the land any dweller from among the unbelievers:

27- For surely if Thou leave them they will lead astray Thy servants, and will not beget any but immoral, ungrateful (children)

28- My Lord! forgive me and my parents and him who enters my house believing, and the believing men and the believing women; and do not increase the unjust in aught but destruction!

[The Quran ; 71:26-28]

وَقَالَ نُوحٌ رَّبِّ لَا تَذَرْ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ دَيَّارًا (26)
إِنَّكَ إِن تَذَرْهُمْ يُضِلُّوا عِبَادَكَ وَلَا يَلِدُوا إِلَّا فَاجِرًا كَفَّارًا (27)
رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِمَن دَخَلَ بَيْتِيَ مُؤْمِنًا وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَلَا تَزِدِ الظَّالِمِينَ إِلَّا تَبَارًا (28)

-> What a curse that was:

A) My Lord! leave not upon the land any dweller from among the unbelievers
B) surely if Thou leave them they will lead astray Thy servants
C) and will not beget any but immoral, ungrateful (children)
D) and do not increase the unjust in aught but destruction!

Well, did Allah say to him that he was wrong and he should be peaceful and should not curse them?:

Allah granting the wish of Noah and destroyed his people and saved Noah:

118- Therefor judge Thou between us, a (conclusive) judgment, and save me and those believers who are with me.

119- And We saved him and those with him in the laden ship

120- Then We drowned the rest afterwards

[The Quran ; 26:118-120]

فَافْتَحْ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَهُمْ فَتْحًا وَنَجِّنِي وَمَن مَّعِي مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ (118)
فَأَنجَيْنَاهُ وَمَن مَّعَهُ فِي الْفُلْكِ الْمَشْحُونِ (119)
ثُمَّ أَغْرَقْنَا بَعْدُ الْبَاقِينَ (120)

Prophet Hud

50: And to Ad (We sent) their brother Hud. He said: O my people! serve Allah, you have no god other than He; you are nothing but forgers (of lies).

51: O my people! I ask of you no reward for it. Lo! my reward is the concern only of Him Who made me. Have ye then no sense?

52: And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord, and turn to Him (in repentance): He will send you the skies pouring abundant rain, and add strength to your strength: so turn ye not back in sin!

[The Quran ; 11:50-52]

وَإِلَى عَادٍ أَخَاهُمْ هُودًا قَالَ يَا قَوْمِ اعْبُدُواْ اللّهَ مَا لَكُم مِّنْ إِلَهٍ غَيْرُهُ إِنْ أَنتُمْ إِلاَّ مُفْتَرُونَ (50)
يَا قَوْمِ لا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِنْ أَجْرِيَ إِلاَّ عَلَى الَّذِي فَطَرَنِي أَفَلاَ تَعْقِلُونَ (51)
وَيَا قَوْمِ اسْتَغْفِرُواْ رَبَّكُمْ ثُمَّ تُوبُواْ إِلَيْهِ يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاء عَلَيْكُم مِّدْرَارًا وَيَزِدْكُمْ قُوَّةً إِلَى قُوَّتِكُمْ وَلاَ تَتَوَلَّوْاْ مُجْرِمِينَ (52)

-> Sure prophet Hud was not mocking around and was very serious in delivering the serious message, in fact it is the only serious message in the whole world in all generations, that message is, there is Allah who will hold you accountable and will burn in hell if you die a kafir, but let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s see what else prophet Hud told his people:

1) They are forgers 11:50
2) They have no sense 11:51
3) They are sinful 11:52

Let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s move on:

He said: The knowledge is only with Allah, and I deliver to you the message with which I am sent, but I see you are a people who are ignorant.

[The Quran ; 46:23]

قَالَ إِنَّمَا الْعِلْمُ عِندَ اللَّهِ وَأُبَلِّغُكُم مَّا أُرْسِلْتُ بِهِ وَلَكِنِّي أَرَاكُمْ قَوْمًا تَجْهَلُونَ (23)

-> Hud just called them ignorant, see enquirer, exactly as I called you, I was following prophet Hud indeed, but hey I didn�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t call you a forger

And if ye seize by force, seize ye as tyrants?

[The Quran ; 26:130]

وَإِذَا بَطَشْتُم بَطَشْتُمْ جَبَّارِينَ (130)

-> Now prophet Hud is calling them tyrants

When prophet Hud had enough like Noah, he asked for their destruction:

39: He said: O my Lord! help me against their calling me a liar.

40: (Allah) said: "In but a little while, they are sure to be sorry!"

41: So the blast overtook them in justice, and We made them as rubbish; so away with the unjust people.

[The Quran ; 23:39-41]

قَالَ رَبِّ انصُرْنِي بِمَا كَذَّبُونِ (39)
قَالَ عَمَّا قَلِيلٍ لَيُصْبِحُنَّ نَادِمِينَ (40)
فَأَخَذَتْهُمُ الصَّيْحَةُ بِالْحَقِّ فَجَعَلْنَاهُمْ غُثَاء فَبُعْدًا لِّلْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ (41)

-> See, Hud asked Allah�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s help because they called him a liar and sure Allah�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s help arrived in the shape of a mighty blast and they became like rubbish. That is what the verse says, not me.

Prophet Saleh

He said: O my people! tell me if I have clear proof from my Lord and He has granted to me mercy from Himself-- who will then help me against Allah if I disobey Him? Therefore you do not add to me other than loss:

[The Quran ; 11:63]

قَالَ يَا قَوْمِ أَرَأَيْتُمْ إِن كُنتُ عَلَى بَيِّنَةً مِّن رَّبِّي وَآتَانِي مِنْهُ رَحْمَةً فَمَن يَنصُرُنِي مِنَ اللّهِ إِنْ عَصَيْتُهُ فَمَا تَزِيدُونَنِي غَيْرَ تَخْسِيرٍ (63)

-> Clearly prophet Saleh is telling his people (Thamud): Therefore you do not add to me other than loss, i.e. they are losers as I call you sometimes, see, I'm following prophet Saleh.

Prophet Abraham

Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error."

[The Quran ; 6:74]

وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ لأَبِيهِ آزَرَ أَتَتَّخِذُ أَصْنَامًا آلِهَةً إِنِّي أَرَاكَ وَقَوْمَكَ فِي ضَلاَلٍ مُّبِينٍ (74)

-> Prophet Abraham is telling his father and his people that they are in Dalal Mubin, manifest error, i.e. they are dumb

Here is a nice one, there is a common and rude Arabic word Offon, أُفٍّ, possibly like Fie" or Ugh , it indicates irritations and anger if you say it to anyone, Yusuf Ali translated it as a word of contempt, Allah warned us not to say that word Offon ever to our parents, the opposite of it is A nice word:

Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

[The Quran ; 17:23]

وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُواْ إِلاَّ إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاَهُمَا فَلاَ تَقُل لَّهُمَآ أُفٍّ وَلاَ تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلاً كَرِيمًا (23)

-> See how Allah told us never to say the word Offon to our parents:"say not to them a word of contempt"

On the other hand we see Abraham is saying the same word to his people, أُفٍّ :

Fie on you and all that ye worship instead of Allah! Have ye then no sense?

[The Quran ; 21:67]

أُفٍّ لَّكُمْ وَلِمَا تَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ (67)

-> See, Fie on you, as well, prophet Abraham told them that they have no sense: Have ye then no sense

Prophet Lut

For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds

[The Quran ; 7:81]

إِنَّكُمْ لَتَأْتُونَ الرِّجَالَ شَهْوَةً مِّن دُونِ النِّسَاء بَلْ أَنتُمْ قَوْمٌ مُّسْرِفُونَ (81)

-> Prophet Lut is calling his people Transgressors beyond bounds, I hope the heterosexual on FM who are homosexual supporters learn somethin from prophet Lut and take the message sent to us a bit serious not that bloody feel good illusion their ego made for themselves

And leave the wives your Lord created for you? Nay, but ye are froward folk.

[The Quran ; 26:166]

وَتَذَرُونَ مَا خَلَقَ لَكُمْ رَبُّكُمْ مِنْ أَزْوَاجِكُم بَلْ أَنتُمْ قَوْمٌ عَادُونَ (166)

-> Then he called them but ye are froward folk., can our Muslim hetro brothers and sisters on FM say that to their homo friends?

Then he called them ignorant:

Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant!

[The Quran ; 27:55]

أَئِنَّكُمْ لَتَأْتُونَ الرِّجَالَ شَهْوَةً مِّن دُونِ النِّسَاء بَلْ أَنتُمْ قَوْمٌ تَجْهَلُونَ (55)

When prophet Lut had enough of his people like Noah and Hud, he asked for their destruction:

He said: My Lord! help me against the mischievous people.

[The Quran ; 19:30]

قَالَ رَبِّ انصُرْنِي عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْمُفْسِدِينَ (30)

-> He also called them the mischievous people, can our Muslim hetro brothers and sisters on FM say that to their homo friends?

168: He said: "I do detest your doings."

169: "O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!"

170: So We saved him and his household, every one,

171: Except an old woman who lingered behind.

172: Then We utterly destroyed the others.

[The Quran ; 26:168-172]

قَالَ إِنِّي لِعَمَلِكُم مِّنَ الْقَالِينَ (168)
رَبِّ نَجِّنِي وَأَهْلِي مِمَّا يَعْمَلُونَ (169)
فَنَجَّيْنَاهُ وَأَهْلَهُ أَجْمَعِينَ (170)
إِلَّا عَجُوزًا فِي الْغَابِرِينَ (171)
ثُمَّ دَمَّرْنَا الْآخَرِينَ (172)

-> See, Allah granted Lut's wish, and sure because his wife was a homosexual supporter she met the same horrible destruction, THERE IS NO CHANGE IN THE SUNNAH OF ALLAH

Prophet Shauib

93: And O my people! Do whatever ye can: I will do (my part): Soon will ye know who it is on whom descends the penalty of ignominy; and who is a liar! and watch ye! for I too am watching with you!

94: When Our decree issued, We saved Shu'aib and those who believed with him, by (special) mercy from Ourselves: But the (mighty) blast did seize the wrong-doers, and they lay prostrate in their homes by the morning,-

[The Quran ; 11:93-94]

وَيَا قَوْمِ اعْمَلُواْ عَلَى مَكَانَتِكُمْ إِنِّي عَامِلٌ سَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ مَن يَأْتِيهِ عَذَابٌ يُخْزِيهِ وَمَنْ هُوَ كَاذِبٌ وَارْتَقِبُواْ إِنِّي مَعَكُمْ رَقِيبٌ (93)
وَلَمَّا جَاء أَمْرُنَا نَجَّيْنَا شُعَيْبًا وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ مَعَهُ بِرَحْمَةٍ مَّنَّا وَأَخَذَتِ الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُواْ الصَّيْحَةُ فَأَصْبَحُواْ فِي دِيَارِهِمْ جَاثِمِينَ (94)

-> Clearly prophet Shauib is calling his people liars, as well he indirectly asked for the destruction of his people:soon will ye know who it is on whom descends the penalty of ignominy; and who is a liar! and watch ye! for I too am watching with you!, and sure Allah granted it as we read in 11:94

Allah also sent a few prophets to a tribe calledYasin:
Yasin Prophets

They said: "Your evil omens are with yourselves: (deem ye this an evil omen). If ye are admonished? Nay, but ye are a people transgressing all bounds!

[The Quran ; 36:19]

قَالُوا طَائِرُكُمْ مَعَكُمْ أَئِن ذُكِّرْتُم بَلْ أَنتُمْ قَوْمٌ مُّسْرِفُونَ (19)

-> Obviously those prophets called their people : ye are a people transgressing all bounds!

enquirer wrote:
Did moses wish the destruction of pharoah and hate him?... Or did moses preach to him and try to make him see the error of his ways?

Prophet Moses

Well, prophet Moses was a special prophet:

1) He was mentioned the most in the Quran
2) He was the only prophet to talk to Allah directly and that is a huge moral boast to his mission
3) He was sent specifically to a tyrant who thought that he was a god
4) He was ordered to talk nicely to Pharaoh because Pharaoh was so tyrant that he could have easily killed him (it seems Allah wanted a dialogue to happen to embarrass Pharaoh and catch him red handed in front of every one and even the ones after him, we see his dead body in the Egyptian museum up to this moment as the Quran told us, here is the order to Moses to deliver the message gently to Pharaoh:

43- Go, both of you, to Pharaoh, for he has indeed transgressed all bounds
44- Then speak to him a gentle word haply he may mind or fear.

[The Quran ; 20:43-44]

اذْهَبَا إِلَى فِرْعَوْنَ إِنَّهُ طَغَى (43)
فَقُولَا لَهُ قَوْلًا لَّيِّنًا لَّعَلَّهُ يَتَذَكَّرُ أَوْ يَخْشَى (44)

Moses also asked Allah the destruction of his enemy and Allah granted his wish:

129: They said: "We have had (nothing but) trouble, both before and after thou camest to us." He said: "It may be that your Lord will destroy your enemy and make you inheritors in the earth; that so He may try you by your deeds."

130: We punished the people of Pharaoh with years (of droughts) and shortness of crops; that they might receive admonition.

[The Quran ; 7:129:130]

قَالُواْ أُوذِينَا مِن قَبْلِ أَن تَأْتِينَا وَمِن بَعْدِ مَا جِئْتَنَا قَالَ عَسَى رَبُّكُمْ أَن يُهْلِكَ عَدُوَّكُمْ وَيَسْتَخْلِفَكُمْ فِي الأَرْضِ فَيَنظُرَ كَيْفَ تَعْمَلُونَ (129)
وَلَقَدْ أَخَذْنَا آلَ فِرْعَونَ بِالسِّنِينَ وَنَقْصٍ مِّن الثَّمَرَاتِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَذَّكَّرُونَ (130)

Moses is asking Allah to :

88: And Musa said: Our Lord! surely Thou hast given to Pharaoh and his chiefs finery and riches in this world's life, to this end, our Lord, that they lead (people) astray from Thy way: Our Lord! destroy their riches and harden their hearts so that they believe not until they see the painful punishment.

89: He said: The prayer of you both has indeed been accepted, therefore continue in the right way and do not follow the path of those who do not know.

[The Quran ; 10:88-89]

وَقَالَ مُوسَى رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ آتَيْتَ فِرْعَوْنَ وَمَلأهُ زِينَةً وَأَمْوَالاً فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا رَبَّنَا لِيُضِلُّواْ عَن سَبِيلِكَ رَبَّنَا اطْمِسْ عَلَى أَمْوَالِهِمْ وَاشْدُدْ عَلَى قُلُوبِهِمْ فَلاَ يُؤْمِنُواْ حَتَّى يَرَوُاْ الْعَذَابَ الأَلِيمَ (88)
قَالَ قَدْ أُجِيبَت دَّعْوَتُكُمَا فَاسْتَقِيمَا وَلاَ تَتَّبِعَآنِّ سَبِيلَ الَّذِينَ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ (89)

-> See Moses and Harun prayed for the following to happen to Pharaoh and his followers:

1) Destroy their riches
2) And harden their hearts
3) They see the painful punishment

-> And sure their prayer was accepted: He said: The prayer of you both has indeed been accepted, therefore continue in the right way and do not follow the path of those who do not know, clearly it is right to seek this sort of things for the enemy of Allah

My Final Say:
Those prophets were sent to us because the matter of our existence is very serious and surely it is not about feeling good according to each one's man made god, if that was the case then there was no need to send all these prophets who only call for the unity of all humans under one mighty God one mighty Law, if people keep insisting to rebel against this merciful message that carry huge consequences then we the believers in Allah and his messages would rebel back against them and use whatever tough words to make them wake up, if there is no hope a hopeless case then a true believer may seek from Allah the destruction of those enemy of Allah who insist in ridiculing His message because as Noah told us, they only breed enemies of Allah: and will not beget any but immoral, ungrateful (children) 71:27

Salam

Thu 25 Jan, 2007 8:31 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website