You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - The Hijab/Nikab attitute
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information The Hijab/Nikab attitute

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Hadith & Sunnah   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Faith: Islam

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Post subject: The Hijab/Nikab attitute Reply with quote  

Salam All,

Lets find out truth about hijab/nikab which has become a world issue.

In general a small minority of women covers themselves but majority of muslim women doesnt use hijab/nikab. Now most of the women who doesnt cover have an opinion that it is islamic to wear but dont for xyz reasons. Similar attitute exist towards music, its considerd not right but everyone listens to it. I call it confusion not hypocracy cos most of fellow muslims innocently doesnt know.

Lots of debates are going on about women who covers. But none focus on attitute/beliefs of majority of women who doesnt cover. If this majority sees the truth and comes out of confusion with a firm belief. This issue of hijab/nikab will come to an end.
Post Posted:
Sun 22 Oct, 2006 10:18 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Atreides

kuwait.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Good topic life. I recently wrote some stuff about hijab et al, not sure where it is now but I wanted to add my thoughts.

It's observant of you to mention focusing on those that don't. I'm one of those who choose not to wear it. I used to think it was a good thing to do and I should be doing it but it would interfere with my normal way of existing while being outside and I didn't want to make that sacrifice/concession. It was for selfish reasons but then later I realised, there wasn't any need to either.

Some people do it and can't stop crowing about it and rub it in other women's faces or men depending on circumstance, how holy and pious they are especially when they are next to those that don't wear it. I used to find that appalling. There were also situations that I've been in in which a woman/girl would cover her head yet wear clothing that would reveal all manners of ahem, curves and/or skin which made me wonder as to why they bothered covering their head.

A person can be modest without having to go through this simply by listening and understanding/obeying/acknowledging the directives/guidelines in the quran, which are pretty clear: only what is necessary (which automatically means nothing excessive as well).

Peace
Post Posted:
Sun 22 Oct, 2006 8:41 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
7amdy
Doctor

Zodiac: Taurus

egypt.gif

Post subject: Re: The Hijab/Nikab attitute Reply with quote  

life wrote:
Salam All,

In general a small minority of women covers themselves but majority of muslim women doesnt use hijab/nikab. Now most of the women who doesnt cover have an opinion that it is islamic to wear but dont for xyz reasons. Similar attitute exist towards music, its considerd not right but everyone listens to it. I call it confusion not hypocracy cos most of fellow muslims innocently doesnt know.

Lots of debates are going on about women who covers. But none focus on attitute/beliefs of majority of women who doesnt cover. If this majority sees the truth and comes out of confusion with a firm belief. This issue of hijab/nikab will come to an end.

salam life
i think that all muslim females should cover all body parts except face and hands,, after that they can put anything on ,, hijab or niqab or what ever they like,, it is very simple ,, isn"t it ?
my wife puts on a hijab,, i realy cant force her for further niqab as i dont like such dress,, in my job i see lots of niqab women i have to examin, and i wonder how she can easly make me check her all body parts and when it comes to the face some of them refuses to let me check her eyes or lips,,so it seems to me that our poor muslim females have some major conflict concerning hijab or niqab, i really cant find how we can fix such problem. more education we need may be. Question

Tue 24 Oct, 2006 2:51 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
7amdy
Doctor

Zodiac: Taurus

egypt.gif

Post subject: Re: The Hijab/Nikab attitute Reply with quote  

life wrote:
Salam All,

salam life
i think that all muslim females should cover all body parts except face and hands,, after that they can put anything on ,, hijab or niqab or what ever they like,, it is very simple ,, isn"t it ?
my wife puts on a hijab,, i realy cant force her for further niqab as i dont like such dress,, in my job i see lots of niqab women i have to examin, and i wonder how she can easly make me check her all body parts and when it comes to the face some of them refuses to let me check her eyes or lips,,so it seems to me that our poor muslim females have some major conflict concerning hijab or niqab, i really cant find how we can fix such problem. more education we need may be. Question

Tue 24 Oct, 2006 2:52 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Well, I reckon women wearing Hijab or Niqab look more sexy than women wearing bickinis

Cheers
Post Posted:
Tue 24 Oct, 2006 9:37 am
Life
Pawn
Pawn

botswana.gif

Good moring Brother,

Its human nature to go after hidden beauty Wink But the picture brother Hamdy has mentioned is similar in Pakistan, and only way out is education of the people. Once people get aware life wld be easy. I hope fi becomes source of knowledge for our and future genertation.
Post Posted:
Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:34 am
Life
Pawn
Pawn

botswana.gif

Once again!

Is the practise cultural or religious ?
Post Posted:
Wed 08 Nov, 2006 10:03 pm
Life
Pawn
Pawn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Muslin women: Beneath the veil Reply with quote  

Muslin women: Beneath the veil
Muslim women are some of the most knowledgeable and fashion-forward shoppers in the world. And under that shapeless, monochrome exterior, don't be surprised to find a daring and imaginative sense of style - not to mention a miniskirt or pink hot pants

By Sara Buys
Published: 29 October 2006

Amid all the recent controversy and hand-wringing over what Muslim women should and shouldn't wear in this country, I found myself wondering - perhaps in my capacity as a fashion editor, but mainly just as a woman - if there wasn't a more interesting question worth asking about Muslim women and their clothes. There is a tendency, in the Western world, to assume that if a Muslim woman is observant of her faith - and covering her body, with varying degrees of extremism, is symbolic of that observance - that she is automatically excluded from being fashionable; she is, in some way, "outside" of fashion. There is also is a tendency to lump traditional Muslim dress into one dull generic pile of black cloth and to assume that one size fits all.

But any time I have been in one of London's most immediately identifiable Muslim areas - Edgware Road at night; Brick Lane on Sundays; the Serpentine during the summer months - it starts to become clear that there is a whole other fashion lexicon at play among modern Muslim women. Sometimes it's in the eyes, other times it's in the tie of the robe or the texture of the cloth; and while those subtle nuances might not initially mean much to most Western eyes, it's obvious that something intriguing is definitely going on beneath those veils.

--------------------
The Independent
9 November 2006 19:12
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article1930944.ece
Post Posted:
Fri 10 Nov, 2006 4:16 am
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

saudiarabia.gif

^ Are you for it or against it. Twisted Evil
Post Posted:
Sat 11 Nov, 2006 7:35 am
Blakrose

Faith:

australia.gif

me being a nobody.. I don't think it should have to be worn Smile I mean what man covers up his head?
Post Posted:
Sun 12 Nov, 2006 8:46 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Blakrose wrote:
me being a nobody.. I don't think it should have to be worn Smile I mean what man covers up his head?

Hello Darling

what do you mean by you being a nobody?

also what do you mean by the last bit in your comment? do you mean why a man should not cover his head as the women were adviced to do?

Take care
Post Posted:
Sun 12 Nov, 2006 9:04 pm
Blakrose

Faith:

australia.gif

Yeah I guess I mean it like that. I see lots of women covering up, but in reality, I guess there are women out there, that look at men, the same way men look at women, if you get what I mean.

I have seen some beautiful hijab's btw. I think some of them are very pretty, I don't know that much about them, but I don't see the sense in covering up, just your hair, when your face is totally visible?? Hope I am making sense lol, I just don't get it, for those women who just cover their hair and not their face Smile

I know I will find out here though Smile

take care

Tracey

p.s.. I couldn't choose "none specified" in Faith in my profile, so didn't know what to choose lol
Post Posted:
Tue 14 Nov, 2006 5:59 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Rigel
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

india.gif

Post subject: The veil vendetta Reply with quote  

It is rather startling to note how the powerful �?????�????�???�??�?�¢??Women�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s Lib�?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? movement in the 1970s was manhandled by certain sections of western society. They scrapped the intellectual aspects of the movement and used its fruits by simply exhibiting it as a way to justify nudity and questionable sense of dressing. This is what most frontline women activists of the movement bemoaned, alluding to the fact that their movement had been misinterpreted and its many positive social outcomes were misused.

Such is also the view of a majority of conservative Muslim thinkers �?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? especially those who have been at the forefront of encouraging the use of the veil among Muslim women. Interestingly, a lot of young Muslim women who adorn hijab/burqa suggest that veiling demonstrates their liberation from becoming a slavish object of the pitfalls of the Women�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s Lib movement. But just as one is correct to point out that these pitfalls involve �?????�????�???�??�?�¢??emancipated�?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? women who shroud their obvious objectification by describing it as liberation, one isn�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t too far off the mark to also question the other side of the divide.

For example, can it be that when a woman who observes hijab and explains it as a liberating act, may as well be submitting to the historical Muslim male-driven tradition of claiming control over women? The immediate history of the misinterpreted aspects of the Women�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s Lib movement suggests that its negative pitfalls, such as the widespread proliferation of commercial objectification of the female body, was/is largely the handiwork of men. At the other end, various Muslim women authors and thinkers believe that the observance of veil remains a dictate of Muslim men.

They say that the practice is an outcome of laws and social mores constructed over the last many centuries by judges, ulema, scholars and lawmakers who were all men. The Quran addresses �?????�????�???�??�?�¢??the faithful women�?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? who are told to shield their private parts and not to display their adornment �?????�????�???�??�?�¢??except what is apparent of it�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??. Scholarly disputes in the Muslim world revolve around what this last phrase means.

To modern Muslim thinkers like Professor Ziauddin Sardar, Iranian woman activist and art historian, Dr Faegheh Shirazi and a renowned Algerian scholar, Muhammad Arkoun, much of the Quran must be understood allegorically. This means its message is largely in the abstract domain that when comprehended and related in a literal manner may lead to misinterpretation. Such scholars believe that Muslim women enjoyed great autonomy in public and private life during the time of the Prophet (PBUH) �?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? an autonomy that later Muslim rulers and ulema took away.

According to Prof Omid Safi, and Muslim women activists such as Asra Nomani and Amina Wadud, the issue of hijab is often used by conservative Muslims as a weapon against the struggle by those Muslim women who want to understand the autonomy enjoyed by women during the Prophet�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s time, and who want to undo what came afterwards in the shape of various gender-biased laws and social practices aimed at subduing and controlling women. Reacting to the forced veiling practiced in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and in some parts of Pakistan, Prof Ziauddin Sardar says that modesty should not be reduced to a piece of cloth; rather it should be a total package of behaviour and a distinctive moral outlook.

He says that when the Quran talks about the �?????�????�???�??�?�¢??garment of piety�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??, it is suggesting a state of mind and of being as opposed to actual garments. He adds that (thus), no style of veiling will be sufficient if the moral intention of righteousness is not within the heart and mind of the person and that pieces of cloth have no moral conscience in and of themselves. For years, most progressive Muslim scholars have accused traditional and literalist interpretations of the faith on this issue. They practically propagate that it is women who alone are responsible for the lack of moral probity and modesty in society, and not men�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s obsession with sex.

There have been cases in various Muslim countries where men after assaulting or raping a woman said that they did so because �?????�????�???�??�?�¢??she was asking for it�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??; meaning that not observing the veil amounted to an invitation to abuse. Such thinking unfortunately is not uncommon amongst many men in Muslim countries. While we busy ourselves in discussing the veil issue in western counties like France and secular Muslim republics like Turkey, bemoaning the discrimination faced by Muslim women there who observe the veil, we conveniently forget that in most Muslim countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and increasingly, Pakistan, women who believe that modest dressing can be demonstrated without observing hijab are coming under pressure.

Much of this pressure, of course, is coming from men �?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? most of who blame an unveiled woman for their own sinful thoughts. Yet unveiled women also face a telling pressure from the ever-increasing numbers of veiled women. This begs the question: is it really liberation that a woman feels behind a veil, or is this liberation only about freeing oneself from the thought of ever daring to challenge male-dominated interpretations of exactly how a Muslim woman should dress and behave?

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/columnists/16-nadeem-f-paracha-the-veil-vendetta-hs-01
Post Posted:
Mon 03 Aug, 2009 3:19 am
Enlightened
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

You people may disagree but my father always taught me that hijab was not fard because the only Ayah in Qur'an speaks about women drawing a veil on their bosom, on top of their jalabib (loose fitting garb). Islamic scholars distort this verse by claiming that it proves that they already wore veils over their head and that the verse only tells them to extend it to their bosom, ridiculous. The sole purpose of this verse is to prevent women from going out and showing their cleavage, which would totally destroy their modesty. I can't think of a man who is not enticed by the site women breasts, let's face it. For this reason, it is haram for them to show their breasts or their body's shape by wearing slimfitting clothes (ie: jeans, pants, tight shirts, short skirts...). Basically Allah is telling women to dress modestly, hair is not an obligation and I don't even think it makes a woman immodest thus further disproving its need. I hope my opinion was of help to you. salam
Post Posted:
Tue 24 Jan, 2012 11:29 am