You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - role models of a sunni sect
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information role models of a sunni sect

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Hadith & Sunnah   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
The
Rook
Rook

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: role models of a sunni sect Reply with quote  

the role models:

mansur al-hajjaj: i am the reality/truth

abu yazid al-bistami: praise be to me; how great is my majesty

rumi: People imagine that it is a presumptuous claim, whereas it is really a presumptuous claim to say Ana 'l-'abd 'I am the slave of God'; and Ana 'l-Haqq 'I am God' is an expression of great humility. The man who says Ana 'l-'abd 'I am the slave of God' affirms two existences, his own and God's, but he that says Ana 'l-Haqq 'I am God' has made himself non-existent and has given himself up and says 'I am God', i.e. 'I am naught, He is all; there is no being but God's.' This is the extreme of humility and self-abasement.

thanwi: “You are amazed at people who claim Prophet-hood… People have claimed Lordship. However, nobody must think that Hussain bin Mansoor (al-Hallaj) in his saying, ‘Aanal-Haqq’ [I am the Haqq (Truth meaning Allah)] claimed Lordship (i.e. claimed to be God). Because upon him was a condition, otherwise he also believed in Abdiyaah (the state of being a worshiper) and therefore he offered Salaah. Someone asked him (al-Hallaj): “Since you are Allah, to whom do you prostrate?” He (al-Hallaj) answered: “I have two states, one outward and the other inward. My outward self prostrates to my inward self.”

# thanwi is known as "hakeemulummat" to the deobandi faction...

...i am not sure what some of the other sects/factions (within sunnis) think about the likes of bistami, hallaj and rumi, though i am aware that there are those who condemn them -- i ve talked to sunnis who condemn hallaj and bistami, and at times rumi as well!
Post Posted:
Sun 22 Apr, 2007 3:57 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Capricorn

saudiarabia.gif

Post subject: Re: role models of a sunni sect Reply with quote  

I condemn all coz these are sufis who have gone to the extremes. In Indian Ashraf ali thanvi is a big name, a bige name believe me but the books he has written Allaah knows the best, which is better to stay away.

Brother you have been good enough to post only decent stuff otherwise they have reached a limit which we normal humane can't think about. Well, Allaah knows the best on which faith they died, but I just pray we are guided by Allaah all the time.

As far as i know most of it is true they dont mind doing dhikr with Anal Haqq, I am te truth thats one attribut of Allaah, Thanvi a mystical guy is gone on to say much more worst stuff.

Well, initially i was interested to know the reason, why should i deny this sect or the other sect, coz every sect promises that it will go to Paradise and learnt lots of stuff which are obscene to talk about. Anyways take care.
Post Posted:
Sun 22 Apr, 2007 11:20 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The
Rook
Rook

Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

# u'r right, bud...and it was amusing the way my sunni friends were defending hallaj....he was intoxicated with the love of god....he was in a trance...so they say!

and what be this trance wherein a creation forgets his own creation and proceeds to proclaim "i am the reality"?

...their plea is that these things are beyond r ken...and v should not judge the likes of hallaj and bistai....atleast not condemn them...lolz!

## tomorrow somebody will kill peepz in a "trance" and claim that the murders he committed were actually an act of god...this guy tells me god is speaking through him(hallaj), murderers will claim that god kills through them...candidates for the title of "sufi masters"!

### please bear in mind that i do believe in saints and awliya (the companion of moses is, for me, an example of such from the quran), but i dont believe in "fana" in god so as to proclaim lordship...no matter what rumi says and what some peepz believe! (-:

# take care, bud! (-:
Post Posted:
Wed 25 Apr, 2007 9:27 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message