You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Just for knowledge
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Just for knowledge

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
BMZ

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Libra

singapore.gif

Post subject: Just for knowledge Reply with quote  

Just for knowledge

I wrote this on a Jewish Forum full of very nice and pleasant people, in response to a Christian friend's post and would like to share my answer with all here. Comments are welcome.

Question:

Genesis 26. And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth."

What is meant by God "making man in our image, after our likeness"? How was man made in God's image and likeness?

BMZ, I'd like your opinion before any Jews answer.

Do you think that man was made in God's likeness and image?

If yes, in what way?

If no, why not?

What is the Islamic view on this subject?

Thanks.

My answer:

Yes, I will let you have my personal opinion but please allow me to answer your last question first.

What is the Islamic view on this subject?

There is no Islamic view on this subject as it is not mentioned in Qur'aan that God made man in His own image and likeness. We discuss this subject only when it is brought up.

We also understand and believe that God is neither a man nor like a man, in physical appearance. We don't know how God looks like so we say that God is a Spirit.

Having said that, I will now let you have my opinion and answer to your questions Yes, I do. According to the Bible, man was made in the likeness/image of God. That is correct. But what exactly was that? Please read on.

We must keep in mind that when God addressed the assembly of the angels, Satan and all present, God was neither in the form of a man nor in the form of two men and a spirit. God could not have been in that form because God was going to create something new, never seen before by anyone, a man for the first time in God's own History.

This is the part which has been most misunderstood and has rarely been taught by the very people who quote,"God said, 'Let us make man in our own image....' "

God made man first by giving him a body, modelled out of dust or clay or whatever it was. The first man is there without any life at this stage. Is the man, at this point of time, in God's image or likeness at this stage? Definitely not. It is just a dummy with no heart, no mind and no soul. There is no life in him.

All are watching. Comes in God, the Everlasting One, the Eternal and blows or breathes His Own Spirit into that lifeless dummy.

What happens next? The man gets a heart ( not just the pump) , a mind, and a soul. A soul that can never die because it came from God the Eternal and the lasting One.

That is the image and likeness of God in all of us and that is why all were told to love and worship the Lord God Almighty, with all their hearts, all their minds and all their souls.

If you liked my response, tell me and if you did not, then don't tell others.

BMZ
Post Posted:
Wed 21 Nov, 2007 4:57 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Great reply mate, thanks for sharing it

do you know that Ali Sina banned Baal, Pheds, Huston, Phyco Bunny and a few others, apparantly one of them called him idiot and it heated from there and he banned whoever supported that person, all happned in private btw, sounds like he is a hypocrite to me, well I'm going to cut off my participation on FFI for a while, it's gettin very boring in there, I guess it is about time to start translating sura 4, a tough sura that is

take care mate and thanks again

Wed 21 Nov, 2007 9:51 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
BMZ

singapore.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Great reply mate, thanks for sharing it

do you know that Ali Sina banned Baal, Pheds, Huston, Phyco Bunny and a few others, apparantly one of them called him idiot and it heated from there and he banned whoever supported that person, all happned in private btw, sounds like he is a hypocrite to me, well I'm going to cut off my participation on FFI for a while, it's gettin very boring in there, I guess it is about time to start translating sura 4, a tough sura that is

take care mate and thanks again

No, I did not know that, Ahmed but I did comment somewhere that the end of Ali Sina and FFI will come and looks like it through their own goons. LOL! There is one idiot whom Ali Sina will never ban and that is the MsWesterner. Laughing

I would like to read that but I am unable to access the board even for reading. Now we will have another forum coming up and the name will be BPHPB. LOL!

Salaams
BMZ
Post Posted:
Thu 22 Nov, 2007 2:41 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hey bro

I joined their forum, the ones that are banned from FFI, and was welcomed warmly, they also mock him in there, very strange mate but funny at the same time, here is their web site address, please join and let's see, apparantly Sahara is the admin but there are many FFI members in there:

http://councilofexmuslims.com/

Cheers

Fri 23 Nov, 2007 8:41 pm
BMZ

singapore.gif

Post subject: Great! Reply with quote  

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Hey bro

I joined their forum, the ones that are banned from FFI, and was welcomed warmly, they also mock him in there, very strange mate but funny at the same time, here is their web site address, please join and let's see, apparantly Sahara is the admin but there are many FFI members in there:

http://councilofexmuslims.com/

Cheers

LOL!

I will go there straight away and do zee the job of registering. We must support them. LOL!
Thanks for the info, mate.

Salaams
BMZ
Post Posted:
Fri 23 Nov, 2007 9:40 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hey mate

I have a message for you from Sahara:

Salam Ahmed

Could you please do me a favour and let BMZ know that I have activated his BMZ account, and deleted the BMZSP one.

He should be able to log in with the BMZ one no problems now.

Thanks

Smile

Sun 25 Nov, 2007 12:29 am
BMZ

singapore.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Hey mate

I have a message for you from Sahara:

Salam Ahmed

Could you please do me a favour and let BMZ know that I have activated his BMZ account, and deleted the BMZSP one.

He should be able to log in with the BMZ one no problems now.

Thanks

Smile

Thanks for directing me to the new site, Ahmed. The atmosphere is good. Wise Haven had left a note for the Admin and Sahara has done it. BMZ is on and I am glad about that. Please convey my thanks and best wishes to Sahara.

Salaams, mate
BMZ
Post Posted:
Sun 25 Nov, 2007 3:45 am