You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - The human dignity
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information The human dignity

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Class Discussion   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: The human dignity Reply with quote  

Hello all

At Sahara web site (www.councilofexmuslims.com), a kafir raised the following question:

In 2:256 we read that there is no compulsion in the religion:

There is no compulsion in the religion; indeed the right path has become distinct from error; so whoever disbelieves in the evil and believes in Allah, he indeed has grasped on the firmest handle, no break in it, and Allah is all-Hearing, all-Knowing.

[The Quran ; 2:256]

لاَ إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ فَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِن بِاللّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىَ لاَ انفِصَامَ لَهَا وَاللّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ (256)

Then in verse 2:257 that follows the above verse, we read that those who reject the faith will be punished by horrible hell:

Allah is the Guardian of those who believed. He brings them out of the darkness into the light; and those who disbelieved, their guardians are the evil ones, they (the evil ones) take them out of the light into the darkness; they are the companions of the fire, they shall in it abide.

[The Quran ; 2:257]

اللّهُ وَلِيُّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ يُخْرِجُهُم مِّنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّوُرِ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ أَوْلِيَآؤُهُمُ الطَّاغُوتُ يُخْرِجُونَهُم مِّنَ النُّورِ إِلَى الظُّلُمَاتِ أُوْلَئِكَ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ (257)

Here is the kafir question:
Quote:
I dunno about you, but burning someone in the hell fire forever because they 'rejected faith' sounds very much like religious compulsion to me. Is Allah contradicting himself here?

For the kafir, when Allah says: there is no compulsion in the religion then says: those who reject faith will be punished bad, it means Allah contradicted Himself.

Well, the kafir is missing a few crucial points that caused his confusion, firstly the kafir is using the Quran as evidences to prove his allegation against Allah, therefore using the Quran against him is the best way to totally prove his ignorance of the same book he is using, this means the kafir didn�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t really read the Quran and understood the message in it, rather parroted the same expired rants against Allah.

Let me start with the first crucial point the kafir missed, which is found in the Quran of course:

In the following verse Allah clearly stated that humans were only created but to worship Him, not to enjoy this life nor to have a free ride so they do what they want, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s have a look:

56: And I have not created the jinn and the men except that they should serve Me.

57: I do not desire from them any sustenance and I do not desire that they should feed Me.

58: For Allah is He Who gives (all) Sustenance,- Lord of Power, The Strong.

[The Quran ; 51:56-58]

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ (56)
مَا أُرِيدُ مِنْهُم مِّن رِّزْقٍ وَمَا أُرِيدُ أَن يُطْعِمُونِ (57)
إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الرَّزَّاقُ ذُو الْقُوَّةِ الْمَتِينُ (58)

-> See above: And I have not created the jinn and the men except that they should serve Me., forget the Jinn for now, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s just concentrate on our race, the humans, clearly we are only created BUT to worship Him, worshipping Him is not by providing to Him or by feeding Him: I do not desire from them any sustenance and I do not desire that they should feed Me. this is because For Allah is He Who gives (all) Sustenance,- Lord of Power, The Strong, therefore according to the same book that the kafir is using, the humans are only created BUT to worship the creator, I will elaborate on worshipping the creator later on and explain what it means.

The objective of creating the humans BUT to worship Allah, is not explicit to the human race, rather EVERYTHING that Allah created must be created for that reason only, which is to only worship Allah.

See the next verse:

Do they seek other than the religion of Allah, and to Him, whoever is in the heavens and the earth submitted willingly and unwillingly, and to Him, they shall be returned?

[The Quran ; 3:83]

أَفَغَيْرَ دِينِ اللّهِ يَبْغُونَ وَلَهُ أَسْلَمَ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ طَوْعًا وَكَرْهًا وَإِلَيْهِ يُرْجَعُونَ (83)

-> See: and to Him, whoever is in the heavens and the earth submitted willingly and unwillingly, that is the only two options all other creatures but humans have, to submit WILLINGLY or UNWILLINGLY, unwillingly means to be FORCED to do it, i.e. UNWILLINGLY means to do it without any choice that you can make.

Of course Allah can make all His creatures to submit to Him with force, but in such case there will be NO REWARD, and for eternity we will be worshipping Him day and night No future prospects, the concept in this case sounds flawed, surely if we are forced to submit to Him, it indirectly means that we have no dignity, there is no shame of having no dignity when it comes to obeying Allah, however I�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??m talking from the logic point of view, that if we are forced to do something that we don�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t want to do then we are treated with no dignity. See how Allah wants to keep our dignity, at least how we feel towards ourselves from the human perspective. This is because Allah is not going to force us worship Him UNWILLINGLY, can you also see above that Allah is using such argument against the human unbelievers, i.e. the human unbelievers are excluded from using force against them to serve Allah unwillingly in this life. The believers however serve Allah willingly.

The above message is stressed in another location:

And whoever is in the heavens and the earth makes obeisance to Allah only, willingly and unwillingly, and their shadows too at morn and eve.

[The Quran ; 13:15]

وَلِلّهِ يَسْجُدُ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ طَوْعًا وَكَرْهًا وَظِلالُهُم بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالآصَالِ (15)

-> See: And whoever is in the heavens and the earth makes obeisance to Allah only, willingly and unwillingly

Let me show you a couple of examples to some creatures that have no choice. The first example is the angels, now some may think that the angels are higher creatures than the humans because they posses more power than the humans. This is indeed wrong, in fact the Humans are higher than the angels at least in the eyes of Allah, it is because the angels will spend eternity worshipping Allah while having no reward at any point of time, they have no choice but to do so (worshipping Allah), however they are smart enough to do it willingly and not been forced to do it, because if they refuse to do willingly, Force will be used to make them do it unwillingly to fulfil their creation role, the angels indeed only do what Allah orders them to do, they can never do anything out of their desires:

O you who believe! save yourselves and your families from a fire whose fuel is men and stones; over it are angels stern and strong, they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them, and do as they are commanded.

[The Quran ; 66:6]

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا قُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ وَأَهْلِيكُمْ نَارًا وَقُودُهَا النَّاسُ وَالْحِجَارَةُ عَلَيْهَا مَلَائِكَةٌ غِلَاظٌ شِدَادٌ لَا يَعْصُونَ اللَّهَ مَا أَمَرَهُمْ وَيَفْعَلُونَ مَا يُؤْمَرُونَ (6)

-> See how the promised hell above is for the believers and not the unbelievers: O you who believe! save yourselves and your families from a fire whose fuel is men and stones;, so those ignorant kafirs who rants about the promised hell for them, should shut up because 66:6 above is telling us that hell is also promised to the believers (that is if they commit sins of course and Allah does not forgive them), we are told that over that hell there are tough angels that only do what they are ordered to do: over it are angels stern and strong, they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them, and do as they are commanded., now compare this with the humans, do the humans do what Allah commanded them to do?, NO, this is because Allah set different rules to how the human race should worship Him, He made it TEMP for the human race, nor for eternity as He did with the angels who will have no reward, would you rather be an angel than being a human?, I guess not because there will be no prospect to you to advance to whatever.

Another creature(s) are the mighty heaven and earth, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s see how they have been treated by Allah:

Then He directed Himself to the heaven and it is smoke, so He said to it and to the earth: Come both, willingly or unwillingly. They both said: We come willingly.

[The Quran ; 41:11]

ثُمَّ اسْتَوَى إِلَى السَّمَاء وَهِيَ دُخَانٌ فَقَالَ لَهَا وَلِلْأَرْضِ اِئْتِيَا طَوْعًا أَوْ كَرْهًا قَالَتَا أَتَيْنَا طَائِعِينَ (11)

-> See what was the options for the heaven and earth: He said to it and to the earth: Come both, willingly or unwillingly., see what the heaven and earth replied with: They both said: We come willingly., they knew that if they refuse to do their course (worshipping Allah) willingly then they will be FORCED to do it unwillingly and the course of Allah must stay unchanged, He created them for a role and they have to do such role exactly like the angels, Are the humans smart as the heaven and earth to realize that they have no choice but to submit willingly to the One who created them?

Well, the humans have different sets of rules to the ones the angels or the heaven and earth have, the humans are higher than all those creatures, all these creatures were created but to serve the humans as well serving the creator., by them serving the humans, it has to be serving the creator because they are fulfilling their roles that they were only created for. No free rides for them. if they won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t fit their roles willingly, they WILL FIT IT UNWILLINGLY, by force, it will never happen to them though because they know 100% that Allah exists as they know that they will have no reward.

The humans however have a short free ride (no force in it), this is because they have different set of rules, they still share with all others creatures that they are only created but to serve Allah as I have shown earlier, however they will not be compelled by any force in this short free ride to unwillingly submit to Allah. that is what 2:256 means, i.e. if Allah won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t compel any human to believe in this short life then human can not compel other humans to believe in Allah during this short ride, and because there will be a reward as well the worshipping according to their set of rule is TEMP (this short life), i.e. not for eternity, then there must be punishment for them violating their creation role which is to only serve Allah willingly, this is when their dignity will be taken from them on the JD, Allah kept their dignity in this life and didn�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t compel them to worship Him for eternity (or at least till they perish) as He did with the angels and the heaven and earth, this is not freely offered, the humans must be held accountable and for them to not to appreciate the dignity Allah gave them in this life by not compelling them to worship Him unwillingly, as well what He promised them as a reward in the after life and as well by making almost all other creatures to serve us, the outcome of our set of rules is also set that those arrogant humans who refuse to serve Allah must have no dignity when this life is over.

See how the next verses explain the human set of rules that have been FORCED on us:

18: For those who respond to their Lord is good; and (as for) those who do not respond to Him, had they all that is in the earth and the like thereof with it they would certainly offer it for a ransom. (As for) those, an evil reckoning shall be theirs and their abode is hell, and evil is the resting-place.

19: Is he then who knows that what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth like him who is blind? Only those possessed of understanding will mind

[The Quran ; 13:18:19]

لِلَّذِينَ اسْتَجَابُواْ لِرَبِّهِمُ الْحُسْنَى وَالَّذِينَ لَمْ يَسْتَجِيبُواْ لَهُ لَوْ أَنَّ لَهُم مَّا فِي الأَرْضِ جَمِيعًا وَمِثْلَهُ مَعَهُ لاَفْتَدَوْاْ بِهِ أُوْلَئِكَ لَهُمْ سُوءُ الْحِسَابِ وَمَأْوَاهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ وَبِئْسَ الْمِهَادُ (18)
أَفَمَن يَعْلَمُ أَنَّمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَبِّكَ الْحَقُّ كَمَنْ هُوَ أَعْمَى إِنَّمَا يَتَذَكَّرُ أُوْلُواْ الأَلْبَابِ (19)

-> See, For those who respond to their Lord is good; and (as for) those who do not respond to Him, had they all that is in the earth and the like thereof with it they would certainly offer it for a ransom. (As for) those, an evil reckoning shall be theirs and their abode is hell, and evil is the resting-place. THIS MEANS THAT HUMANS HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO BELIEVE, however Allah wants us to do it with dignity instead of forcing us to do it unwillingly and for eternity and with no reward, which position you prefer to be in?, well it is obvious for those with brains to know which position they should go for, it is the position wher they keep their dignity in this life and what comes after it, all along for those smart humans who realized that they were only created to serve Allah, their dignity won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t be intact., see how they are described in the next verse:

-> Is he then who knows that what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth like him who is blind? Only those possessed of understanding will mind, that�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s right, it is only those with Albab (brains) who will know for certain that we are only created to server Allah with dignity and for that reason only they should do their best to keep such dignity offered from Allah all along and not taken from them one day. For those who respond to their Lord is good; and (as for) those who do not respond to Him, had they all that is in the earth and the like thereof with it they would certainly offer it for a ransom. (As for) those, an evil reckoning shall be theirs and their abode is hell, and evil is the resting-place.

Salam

Sun 02 Dec, 2007 6:57 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Capricorn

saudiarabia.gif

Post subject: Re: The human dignity Reply with quote  

Salam bro AB,

Firstly I am back and your article is great, screwed up the kafir left, right and center and more importantly in the center now he has got nothing to do with.
Shut up his mouth.
Let me put this point across too amongst the Muslims the general tendency is someone who is a Muslim will surely go to heaven let him/her commit millions of sins. But they are wrong and the verse 66.6 talks about it.
Post Posted:
Mon 03 Dec, 2007 9:08 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salam brother SOA

good to see you mate, you have been missed