You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Quran translation project
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Quran translation project

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Quran Translation Feedback and Comments   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Quran translation project Reply with quote  

Salam all

As you might have noticed that I put the projct on hold for about 2 weeks, the reason is simply I have a lot of commitments overseas that will start on the 6 of June and will go for 6 weeks, I needed time to prepare all the things I will do in my trip, so I could not continue translating the Quran during this period

So far I have translated 9 suras, about more than 10 Juzu from the Quran, i.e. 1/3 of the Quran, it took about 6 to 7 months, when I come back from OS inshaallah I will concentrate hard on it finishng it in about a year, so by July 2009 inshaallah we may have the first full draft of free-islam translation

Take care all
Post Posted:
Wed 21 May, 2008 6:45 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Hello all

I really miss translating the Quran, something just happened which delayed my Cairo & London flights for 2 weeks, I guess I will have enough time to finish sura # 10 (Yunis), I love this sura somehow, possibly because I was always fascinated with the story of the great prophet Yunis since I was about 10 years old, there is a huge lesson in such sura, which simply any prophet may fault greatly, they are simply humans like us, but because they are prophets appointed by Allah, when they fault greatly, the pusnishment is going to be severe and swift, but we know well that because they are great prophets, their sincerity in repentence won't be like any other average human like us, they should set to us the perfect example in how we repent to Allah when we commit the sins. Another thing that always hit me while reading the story every time is the fact mentioned in the Quran that the people of Yunis were the only people from the past (prior to Mohammed, the least) who sinserely believed (as a group) in the message sent to them from Allah through prophet Yunis, consequently they were showered with great favours from Allah, exactly as He promised in 7:96
وَلَوْ أَنَّ أَهْلَ الْقُرَى آمَنُواْ وَاتَّقَواْ لَفَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِم بَرَكَاتٍ مِّنَ السَّمَاء وَالأَرْضِ وَلَكِن كَذَّبُواْ فَأَخَذْنَاهُم بِمَا كَانُواْ يَكْسِبُونَ (96)

And if the people of the villages had believed and feared (Allah) We would certainly have opened up for them blessings from the sky and the earth, but they rejected, so We overtook them for what they were earning.
[Al Quran ; 7:96]

Let me show you the verse about the people of prophet Yunis:

فَلَوْلاَ كَانَتْ قَرْيَةٌ آمَنَتْ فَنَفَعَهَا إِيمَانُهَا إِلاَّ قَوْمَ يُونُسَ لَمَّآ آمَنُواْ كَشَفْنَا عَنْهُمْ عَذَابَ الخِزْيِ فِي الْحَيَاةَ الدُّنْيَا وَمَتَّعْنَاهُمْ إِلَى حِينٍ (98)

Then has there not been a village that believed so that its faith benefited them except the people of Yunis? When they have believed, We removed from them the torture of disgrace in the life of this world and We gave them provision for a time.
[Al Quran ; 10:98]

-> See: Then has there not been a village that believed so that its faith benefited them exceot the people of Yunis?, see what happened when they sincerely believed: When they have believed, We removed from them the torture of disgrace in the life of this world and We gave them provision for a time.

So I decided to finish the first draft for sura # 10, it is 109 verses and should take a max of 7 days, I will start tomorrow inshaallah which means next weekend it will be done

Salam
Post Posted:
Fri 23 May, 2008 10:58 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam all

Just an update concerning Free Islam English Translation

As I have passed the 70% mark, I decided to speed up a bit, I am aiming to finish the draft by end of November inshallah, however I am still looking at the possibility of finishing the draft 2 to 3 months earlier inshaallah.

The problem I have is simply this, I suffer from some eye issues due to the fact that for the last 17 years or so, I was spending at least 10 hours a day in front of a computer, and I can assure you that at some point of times I can hardly see a letter on the screen, that is why I have a lot of silly typos, I still try hard to make them typos free, but it is very daunting task I can assure you, even if I use word to spell check, somehow word gets confused when I use Arabic and English writing in the same document, sometimes I do not even see the underline red under a typo

The reason I am mentioning the above is simply, as I started to speed the translation , the silly errors will dramatically increase, however I am fixing as I much as I can randomly as I stumle into some words then try to find how I did with it in what I have done so far, sort of fixing the consistency and other erros are not in sequence at the moment, as well I am exprementing with other synonymous English words for the same Arabic word , but I am not worried about that at all, as when I finish the draft inshallah, I will start the second and final phase, which will be aimed at fixing all these errors, in addition to the commas, semicolon, full stops, as well, grammar issue and word orders, and most importantly the consistency of the words . This is actually where Free Islam translation will take its best shape, and I honestly cannot wait to start such very important phase, I am evaluating many ideas to help me tackle such important and final phase in the most appropriate way inshaallah. I am anticipating that phase two will take a max of a year inshallah.

So please, if you find any silly errors, do not laugh at my draft, save your laughs to when I finish and then let me know how much you will be laughing. Just kidding

Salam

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Mon 30 Mar, 2009 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Posted:
Sun 29 Mar, 2009 11:38 pm
Rigel
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

india.gif

Salam Brother,

Inshallah you will succeed and may Allah always be with you. For those who laugh can laugh as much as they will, for they will be the biggest losers on Judgement Day.

Cheers!
Post Posted:
Mon 30 Mar, 2009 12:51 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message