You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Slavery
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Slavery

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Hadith & Sunnah   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Capricorn

saudiarabia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Brother let me see the Practical point of view,

1) Freeing all the slaves at once, is not viable for the economy though you have touched these points, I will elaborate.
Now a slave is in a house being fed, let me consider a man. Now freeing him will be a calamity, where will he find a job and this will hurt the economy with larger unemployment and a state of richer getting richer and poorer getting poorer.
For woman, if she had to be released then this is a further calamity and I dont have elaborate and is self explained.

Now I will quote a short eg.
In India two years ago Dancebars(women),were banned in Bombay. Now, what happened was all the employed dancers were left in a lurch. The next step women rights come up to save there grace, terming that, what will happen to these dancer who are left alone.
Not enough political parties interrupted now thousands of dancers were left government did not realise what will they do in the future for there living.

2) Allaah knows the practical nature thats why, Allaah in the Quran did not forbid unlike the pork and alcohol because this would take atleast a couple of generations. And to free a slave it costed a fortune, we got to have lots of money.
Salman al farisi, sahaba was a slave under a jew, he was freed from him after quite a long time. Imagine slave under a jew and it took time for the Musims to free them.

During the time of Omar bin Abdul Aziz, it was evident that withing 3 generations the whole of Islam world was liberated and was quite rich, and slaves were freed from the state tax collected.

Salam
Post Posted:
Fri 15 Dec, 2006 3:23 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

SlaveofAllaah wrote:
Brother let me see the Practical point of view,

1) Freeing all the slaves at once, is not viable for the economy though you have touched these points, I will elaborate.
Now a slave is in a house being fed, let me consider a man. Now freeing him will be a calamity, where will he find a job and this will hurt the economy with larger unemployment and a state of richer getting richer and poorer getting poorer.
For woman, if she had to be released then this is a further calamity and I dont have elaborate and is self explained.

Now I will quote a short eg.
In India two years ago Dancebars(women),were banned in Bombay. Now, what happened was all the employed dancers were left in a lurch. The next step women rights come up to save there grace, terming that, what will happen to these dancer who are left alone.
Not enough political parties interrupted now thousands of dancers were left government did not realise what will they do in the future for there living.

2) Allaah knows the practical nature thats why, Allaah in the Quran did not forbid unlike the pork and alcohol because this would take atleast a couple of generations. And to free a slave it costed a fortune, we got to have lots of money.
Salman al farisi, sahaba was a slave under a jew, he was freed from him after quite a long time. Imagine slave under a jew and it took time for the Musims to free them.

During the time of Omar bin Abdul Aziz, it was evident that withing 3 generations the whole of Islam world was liberated and was quite rich, and slaves were freed from the state tax collected.

Salam

Thanks bro for the extra info, it makes great sense to me

Cheers

Sat 16 Dec, 2006 7:25 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Post subject: Re: Slavery Reply with quote  

Myr wrote:
Salam Ahmed, all,

Salam sister

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was busy with some debates on other boards and I tottaly ignored FI for a few days

Myr wrote:
I am not fully convinced by the translation of "tah'rir raqabattun" to mean "free a slave".

Great, your knowledge will be appreciated at the end of the day

Myr wrote:
The expression literally means "to free a neck"

I agree so far

Myr wrote:
so a person whose freedom is restricted and this can be somebody in jail, a prisoner of war or else and not necessary a "slave".

While it seems you have a point at a glance, I guess those who are serving jail terms must complete their jail terms if they committed a crime

However a slave may or may not be a criminal, most likely not

Myr wrote:
A "slave" has really the meaning of being a "property" of somebody else

I agree

Myr wrote:
(3abdoun mam'louk in the Quran) while someone with "a restricted neck" can merely means his freedom has been taken away so to have it back a bail has to be paid like here in the US/Canada and that's what I believe God is enjoining us to do.

Well, as I said a slave may not commit a crime to be jailed for, however a slave freedom is still restricted for sure therefore Tahrir Raqaba still applies to a slave, while I agree that the arabic words may apply to a prisoner, I just can't find a logic to free a criminal if they committed a crime and the decision to free the criminal is solely based on someone else actions not the criminal being rehabilitated so freedom should be a reward

I don't think it means criminals serving jail terms dear sister, it has to mean a slave but I will agree with you that it may include any one who has his/her freedom restricted due to other causes that is not criminal, like POWs for example, or politcial prisoners, but not criminals who perpetrated on the innocent socitey

Myr wrote:
And God the All-Mighty knows best. Peace. Myr.

I can't agree more sister

Thank you for your feed back

Take care

Fri 22 Dec, 2006 1:58 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam all

This is a reply that I just finished for a friendly discussion between myself and All_Brains of FFI and he is also the owner of http://freefaith.myfreeforum.org/

The subject we are discussing is how Allah did not prohibit slavery, later on I will add his reply to mine, each one of us will only have one reply, this is mine:

Hello All_Brains

This comment will be about slavery only and is going to be long, so I apologise in advance and I hope you find it a good read regardless. The subject is 100% based on opinions as I will explain why, it will be your opinion against mine, therefore I will explain my opinion in great details, then you may state your opinion and we leave it at that. Playing a useless ping pong game, is not going to be my game, I have a lot to do and I am sure that you know that I am a very busy man, how I manage to write all these comments on cyber world, I honestly do not know how I can manage to do it, I would love one day to dedicate my whole time for it so I do not worry about all other things that I have to do, possibly it will be so one day inshaallah.

As you know that slavery existed before Islam, and certainly it still exists after Islam (which may look like Islam ignored the subject for many ignorant humans). You can not also deny that slavery exists in non Muslim countries as well.

Slavery is never encouraged by Allah, in fact many punishments in the Quran are freeing a slave, the point that I accept is this, because it was never prohibited by Allah, then the rule of thumb that it is ok to happen. Also using your own argument in the prostitution thread, in which you stated that the Quran never said prostitution is good, and then it can not be promoted by the Quran. Same argument is here, slavery is never promoted by Islam because we never read in the Quran that slavery is good. The only difference between the two issues (slavery and prostitution) from the Quran perspective is simply, the Quran prohibited Zina, which is the main theme for prostitution, i.e. prostitution must be prohibited unlike slavery which is never prohibited. I also believe that slavery is not prohibited in the other two major religions as far as I remember; please correct me if I am wrong.

Being not prohibited by Allah is something about which I can�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t question Allah, Allah simply can�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t be questioned regarding His laws and His actions, why He did not prohibit that and why He prohibited that, can not be the business of any creature, however if I let my poor human judgement to think of a logical reason of not prohibiting slavery by Allah, then I will easily think that a slave literally have no mean of income, therefore being a slave under a wise master is far better than being a homeless in the streets, indeed, in Australia a 24 years old homeless was bashed to death in a church ground about a year ago, the community was shocked and outraged, because that homeless man was kind and cheerful despite the tough conditions he was living in, therefore a slave under the support and protection of a wise master is far better than a lonely poor homeless who is exposed to the environment which carries a lot of danger with it and in such case the danger costed him his life after being bashed by a bunch of thugs.

Another story for example is from Egypt, my sister found a young 23 years old black lady who has no father and no mother, she does not even have any relative, absolutely none, my sister was told that the girl is a result of an illegal relationship and both abandoned her years ago, my sister took her to her home and now she lives with her, my sister protects her, supports her and gives her money, I witnessed it so many times when I went to Egypt, she is like someone from the family, while I am there I give her my cloth to iron and give her a decent amount of Egyptian pounds, you can imagine how she is happy by that, the lady has no option but to obey the orders of my sister, she can�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t question my sister in any thing, she must do what she is told, that was mutual with absolute no force, also it is not like my sister had an agreement with her to be her slave, and indeed, she is exactly like a slave, however a slave that is well supported, protected, fed, and given money, a slave that has all her freedom to leave any time if she wants, and sure she won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t because she has no where to go, she even does not have the Egyptian citizenship, now imagine what this young lady may face if my sister didn�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t become her master? I�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??m sure she would have turned into a prostitute, that is even more dangerous than being homeless in the streets, and yet she will still be a slave to a pimp whom she must obey or she will be harmed, can you see the difference? In my last visit to Egypt I was informed that my sister through her connections managed to make her the Egyptian citizenship, can you see how the master is caring for the slave?

I see nothing wrong with slavery as long as it is practised by wise and capable human who can provide protection, support and equality to any slave he/she may possess, at the end of the day Allah always encouraged us to free the slaves, here is three examples from the Quran, but bear in mind, I honestly found that any slave who is treated fair, humanly and is considered a member of the family, decline to be freed to search for another life opportunities somewhere else. Let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s look at the three cases where Allah ordered the believers to free a slave:

And it is not fit for a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever killed a believer by mistake, then freeing of a believing neck (slave), and compensation should be delivered to his family unless they remit it for alms; but if he was from a folk who is an enemy to you and he was a believer, then freeing of a believing neck (slave), and if he was from a folk between whom and you there is a covenant, then compensation should be delivered to his family and freeing of a believing neck (slave); but whoever cannot find (a slave), then fasting for two consecutive months, a (way to) repent (ordained on you) from Allah, and indeed Allah is all-Knowing, all-Wise.

[The Quran ; 4:92]

وَمَا كَانَ لِمُؤْمِنٍ أَن يَقْتُلَ مُؤْمِنًا إِلاَّ خَطَئًا وَمَن قَتَلَ مُؤْمِنًا خَطَئًا فَتَحْرِيرُ رَقَبَةٍ مُّؤْمِنَةٍ وَدِيَةٌ مُّسَلَّمَةٌ إِلَى أَهْلِهِ إِلاَّ أَن يَصَّدَّقُواْ فَإِن كَانَ مِن قَوْمٍ عَدُوٍّ لَّكُمْ وَهُوَ مْؤْمِنٌ فَتَحْرِيرُ رَقَبَةٍ مُّؤْمِنَةٍ وَإِن كَانَ مِن قَوْمٍ بَيْنَكُمْ وَبَيْنَهُمْ مِّيثَاقٌ فَدِيَةٌ مُّسَلَّمَةٌ إِلَى أَهْلِهِ وَتَحْرِيرُ رَقَبَةٍ مُّؤْمِنَةً فَمَن لَّمْ يَجِدْ فَصِيَامُ شَهْرَيْنِ مُتَتَابِعَيْنِ تَوْبَةً مِّنَ اللّهِ وَكَانَ اللّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا (92)

-> See, a believer killed another believer by mistake, the penalty is to free a believing slave: freeing of a believing slave, there are three conditions in the verse but I�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??m not going to walk you through, just simply if a believer mistakenly killed another believer, then they must free a believing slave based on each one of those three conditions.

Allah does not hold you to account for what is vain in your oaths, but He will hold you to account for what you have intended of the oaths; so its expiation is feeding ten needy out of the average of what you feed your families, or their clothing, or freeing of a neck; but whoever cannot find then fasting for three days; this is an expiation of your oaths when you swear; and keep your oaths. Thus does Allah explain to you His sings that you may give thanks.

[The Quran ; 5:89]

لاَ يُؤَاخِذُكُمُ اللّهُ بِاللَّغْوِ فِي أَيْمَانِكُمْ وَلَكِن يُؤَاخِذُكُم بِمَا عَقَّدتُّمُ الأَيْمَانَ فَكَفَّارَتُهُ إِطْعَامُ عَشَرَةِ مَسَاكِينَ مِنْ أَوْسَطِ مَا تُطْعِمُونَ أَهْلِيكُمْ أَوْ كِسْوَتُهُمْ أَوْ تَحْرِيرُ رَقَبَةٍ فَمَن لَّمْ يَجِدْ فَصِيَامُ ثَلاَثَةِ أَيَّامٍ ذَلِكَ كَفَّارَةُ أَيْمَانِكُمْ إِذَا حَلَفْتُمْ وَاحْفَظُواْ أَيْمَانَكُمْ كَذَلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ (89)

-> Another example of committing a sin that requires freeing a slave to amend is: vain in your oaths, and the penalty is : the freeing of a slave, in here the slave can be a believer or not because the verse never said that the slave must be believer as 4:92 stated. Also I want you to take note of the word: أَيْمَانِكُمْ , Aymanikum, which is used three times in the verse as well the word الأَيْمَانَ , Al Ayman, as I will use this verse again when I reply ] (again) to Ma Malakat Aymanikum after you state your opinion regarding slavery.

And finally:

And (as for) those who put away their wives by likening their backs to the backs of their mothers then would recall what they said, they should free a slave before they touch each other; to that you are admonished (to conform); and Allah is Aware of what you do.

[The Quran ; 58:3]

وَالَّذِينَ يُظَاهِرُونَ مِن نِّسَائِهِمْ ثُمَّ يَعُودُونَ لِمَا قَالُوا فَتَحْرِيرُ رَقَبَةٍ مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَتَمَاسَّا ذَلِكُمْ تُوعَظُونَ بِهِ وَاللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرٌ (3)

-> In the past, men used to stop sleeping with their wives when they are being upset with them, so a husband tells his wife angrily You are like my mother from now on, i.e. he will not be able to sleep with her any more, and of course this was totally BS, certainly he will sleep with her again, the law in here is, to free any slave before he can sleep with his wife again : And (as for) those who put away their wives by likening their backs to the backs of their mothers then would recall what they said , they should free a slave before they touch each other

Clearly from the above three verses, Islam supports the slaves, not slavery rather the slaves, by forcing the believers to free them.

See mate, I consider anyone who works for money is a slave to the one who pays him/her that money, i.e. the reward that must be paid, logically speaking, this is a more accurate and logical definition of slavery, I do understand that people take it in the most literal way, like buying a human for some money and that human will be considered a slave to the one who bought him, then abuse the shit out of the slave and may even shackle him because he/she is a slave, however not all people do that, and certainly we may hardly see one case of humans on sale in any part of the world now days, in the primitive world however I accept that they suffered from such flaw when humans were bought and sold for even a cheap price, an example of such is prophet Yusuf, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s have a look and see that not all masters buy slaves to abuse them:

And they bought him for a reduced price, counted Dirhams, and they were with him among those who are content with little.

[Al Quran ; 12:20]

وَشَرَوْهُ بِثَمَنٍ بَخْسٍ دَرَاهِمَ مَعْدُودَةٍ وَكَانُوا فِيهِ مِنَ الزَّاهِدِينَ (20)

-> See, the most amazing and complicated invention (the human) found by the humans so far was sold for a cheap price, ironically Yusuf was a very good looking human too, which something the buyers could have seen, and he was a destined to be a prophet of Allah which something the buyers could have never seen: And they bought him for a reduced price, counted Dirhams, and they were with him among those who are content with little.

The above story in no way tells the readers that Allah condones slavery, rather a story about how the humans were flawed in the primitive days, firstly by showing them that they were selling humans as goods in the markets, and secondly they did not even appreciate the goods and be in content with the great thing they are buying, they were only content to buy a human for a cheap price.

Now let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s see what the Quran said about the person who bought the slave Yusuf:

And the one from Egypt who bought him said to his wife: Make his place honourable, maybe he will benefit us, or we may take him as a child. And thus did We establish Yusuf in the land and We might teach him the interpretation of the sayings; and Allah is the winner of His affair but most people do not know.

[Al Quran ; 12:21]

وَقَالَ الَّذِي اشْتَرَاهُ مِنْ مِصْرَ لِامْرَأَتِهِ أَكْرِمِي مَثْوَاهُ عَسَىٰ أَنْ يَنْفَعَنَا أَوْ نَتَّخِذَهُ وَلَدًا ۚ وَكَذَٰلِكَ مَكَّنَّا لِيُوسُفَ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلِنُعَلِّمَهُ مِنْ تَأْوِيلِ الْأَحَادِيثِ ۚ وَاللَّهُ غَالِبٌ عَلَىٰ أَمْرِهِ وَلَٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ (21)

-> See mate, what I have been discussing so far is confirmed in here, that treating the slaves must be human, fair and almost equal to all members of the family, see what the man who bought him said to his wife: وَقَالَ الَّذِي اشْتَرَاهُ مِنْ مِصْرَ لِامْرَأَتِهِ أَكْرِمِي مَثْوَاهُ , i.e. And the one from Egypt who bought him said to his wife: Make his place honourable, , how clear bro?, this is what I am telling you about, that even in the most ignorant way (the primitive way) of buying a slave from the market, we should take the above story as teaching, that is the purpose of the telling the story from the first place, i.e. we should give the slaves a place that is honourable, do you reckon the master was doing so for free?, I mean paying some money for a slave for nothing? Of course not, certainly Yusuf was going to work for the one who bought him (his master): عَسَىٰ أَنْ يَنْفَعَنَا , i.e. maybe he will benefit us , I am sure he was working very hard for them, while been given an honourable place and yet he was classified as a slave, the same verse will even tell us that the one who bought him was considering taking him as a his own child, I.E. FREEING HIM from the literal slave title: أَوْ نَتَّخِذَهُ وَلَدًا , i.e. or we may take him as a child , I am sure at this point of time he would have been working for his adopted father still, but a slave in a different way which will be explained later, it seems that this is exactly what happened, i.e. Yusuf have been freed, see what the verse told us next: وَكَذَٰلِكَ مَكَّنَّا لِيُوسُفَ فِي الْأَرْضِ , i.e. And thus did We establish Yusuf in the land , i.e. Yusuf was not a literal slave any more, because the slaves as we commonly know them can not be well established in the land, i.e. controlling the land.

The moral of the above story is briefly this, possessing a slave by buying him/her for a huge price, or for a cheap price or for nothing, does not give the buyers any right to abuse them, rather to give them an honourable place, now let me shift to my logical argument that all of us are slaves one way or another, for me, a slave is someone who is forced to work for someone to make a living, and indeed all of us are, even the president of the USA, he is a slave, the most executive slave on earth however, and possibly he is not forced to work as such type of slavery, but who won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t take it my friend, this is slavery exactly as the above verse is talking about, Obama is going to be paid a decent package with high establishment and power in the land but he is going to work fukin hard for it almost on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 4 or 8 years, but we can not deny that he will be given a very honourable place, am I logically right, my friend?

See even if Obama could not work as such highest level of a slave, he must work for someone else to make a living, when the humans do not need to work for someone else and have enough money to support the living, they are still slaves, certainly for themselves, they have to always clean, cook and do what is needed for them to live, such type of slavery is not even sufficient for such people so they get pets and the humans become their slaves, by working for them all the time. And certainly at the end of the day, and according to the Quran we are all slaves to Allah, i.e. we must work hard for Him and He will give us our reward at the end, the slavery imposed on us by Allah is quite different however, we are given a little freedom to do what we want in this life and even ignore working for Him totally, and if that is the case then a horrible abuse will happen on the JD and if the opposite happens in this life, which is working hard for Him and doing exactly what He said that must be done, while also enjoying this life which is very short of course (it is almost nothing on the timeline, not even a dot) then a very honourable place will be granted, it is really as simple as this. For Allah to make us live from the first place and making the earth ready of us with abundant wealth and favours, is enough of an honourable place that He gave us. Now, if you want to debate this issue trying hard to flaw Allah, be my guest, I decided now to only reply to this part if you want to debate it.

The moral of all the above is simple, slavery will always be there between the humans and themselves and between Allah and his slaves (the humans and others), the only way which is logically can give me the impression of a non slavery life is to be granted such high honourable place (paradise), the reward that is promised by Allah or by any other god (if any) for that matter, at the end of time, if it sounds like the stories of the ancient to you, then show me how can a world without slavery continue to move forward. See pal, life will be meaningless without slavery and would not move forward, based on the accurate definition of slavery under the way I see it, which is almost the same that we learnt from the story of prophet Yusuf above.

I am sure that you know well that many employers abuse their employees around the world, but I am not going to get into the human flaws of some masters abusing their slaves with 100s of types of abuse, this is in no way a teaching of the Quran as been shown above, yet the slaves are so highly respected and honoured in the Quran, to a degree that it encourages the men and women to marry from their slaves, let me show you the following example:

And marry those among you who are single and those who are pious among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are poor, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.

[Al Quran ; 24:32]

وَأَنْكِحُوا الْأَيَامَىٰ مِنْكُمْ وَالصَّالِحِينَ مِنْ عِبَادِكُمْ وَإِمَائِكُمْ ۚ إِنْ يَكُونُوا فُقَرَاءَ يُغْنِهِمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ (32)

-> Can you see the great teaching of the Quran regarding the slaves, this is morality at its maximum, the verse commands the believing men and the believing women to marry the slaves from the women and the salves from the men if they are singles and pious because those slaves are poor: And marry those among you who are single and those who are pious among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are needy, , i.e. freeing the slaves in masses, this is exactly like the story of Yusuf when the man and his wife took Yusuf as their own child, in 24:32 the slaves will be freed and become true family members by marrying them. I would like that you also take note of these two words referring to the slaves from the men and women: عِبَادِكُمْ وَإِمَائِكُمْ, because I will use it in my reply to Ma Malakat Aymanikum allegation.

Now ask yourself mate, if being a slave is something that is shameful, how come the verse above orders the believing men and believing women to marry the poor ones form the slaves?

Can you also notice the accuracy of such verse by saying to marry them if they are poor: إِنْ يَكُونُوا فُقَرَاءَ , i.e. if they are poor , this logically means that there might be slaves who are rich, which indirectly confirms the logical meaning of slavery that I thoroughly explained all along. For example a woman may be working as a cleaner in a hotel, cleaning hundreds of filthy toilets every day, she must do it otherwise she wonÃ??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??t live, imagine now that she was also abused in her reward, by giving her peanuts every month, certainly she is a slave, not to you but a slave to someone else, would you take her as a wife over a well educated woman assuming that both have the same looks and figures? Most likely not, I myself will think about it many times first and even not sure what I will do, the verse above is telling me to chose the one who cleans the toilets over the other one, and again, this is morality at its maximum.

At least the teaching above means freeing the slaves and even make them equal to us, see man, I believe if Allah has prohibited slavery and made it a great sin, then no one would have escaped committing such sin, this because we all are slaves one way or another, and we all have been through situations when our masters give us a tough time by abusing their mastery positions, have a read through this, mate, I am also sorry that I do not have the url for it but I have included the source:

Are you living in slavery?

Slavery in Western Countries

Source: BBC News

The shipping of millions of Africans to work as slaves on sugar and cotton plantations in the United States and the Caribbean ended in the early 1800s. But far from being confined to history, other forms of slavery still continue.

Millions of men, women and children around the world - including many Africans - are forced into servitude. Human trafficking and slavery is one of the fastest growing crimes in the world. So serious is the problem that the United Nations has made 2004 an anti-slavery year.

In West Africa, children are trafficked between countries, often sold by their own parents, to be used as servants in the houses of richer people and on agricultural plantations.

In some countries like Mauritania and Niger, people are born into a class where they are viewed and treated as only being suitable for slave labour.

BBC's Africa Live is asking: Why does slavery still exist today? Have you been a slave or do you know someone in such a situation?

Comments to BBC article above:

I had the unfortunate experience of going to the Philippines and Thailand when I was in the armed forces. There, my male friends were offered 14-15 year old girls and boys and quoted different prices for the ones that were virgins. I did see many men rent the young boys and girls. The western world has their hands deep in the problemF, our ethnocentrism has allowed us to convince ourselves that servitude and abuse is acceptable to practice upon other cultures. Slavery exists because there is a demand for it. And unfortunately, it is our demand... While we preach that human dignity is the birth right of every citizen of this planet, we take vacation trips to the Philippines and rent a newly kidnapped 14-year-old boy or girl.
Astrid Morreale, USA

African parents love their children as everyone else does. So why are they selling their kids? The answer is very simple. In Africa and some other Asian countries, the parents make as many kids as they can to secure their retirements when they get old.
Abdirashid Sheikh Mohamud, Minneapolis, MN , USA

There are millions of people who have no food, water or shelter. And if somebody offers them money to be his/her slave, they would accept it without doubt because these people are fighting for their lives and they will do anything to stay alive.
Tewodros Kebede, Ethiopia

Slavery is more in the mind than in the hand. All men are born equal but some are more equal than the other. But do you have to be black to be a slave?
Victor Ajagbusi, Nigeria

Slavery cannot be abolished in my country as long as the so-called big men who have reduced our country to what it is today still remain in power. Of course they will need the poor ones to still be enslaved to them. Only God will save the poor ones in my country.
Godson Chinwe Kingsley, Nigeria

Lots of young women from my country Ethiopia go to Arab countries both mostly illegally to work for the rich Arab families. They do this to improve their own life and their family's back home. The sad thing it's a few of them who are "successful". Most of them suffer from mental abuse and physical mistreatment: they are raped, bitten by the house wives because of jealousy, don't get paid properly and sometimes don't even get it at all. Thanks to capitalism, there always will be slavery!
Elias, Ethiopia/US

With wars in most parts of the world now, slavery has gained momentum in the sense that some wars encourage and provide shields for slave dealers. Take Sudan for example, children as young as eight are captured from the South and taken to work in the North as slaves. As long as people's powers are taken from them by some few individuals, powerless people will always be the victim of this satanic act.
Monyoro Alex, Sudanese in Australia

Slavery is something misunderstood by many people in Africa. For instance, in Sudan, where I come from, parents permit their children go with Arab tribes and then they return to their regions during summer time. Both parents and children think that it is a privilege for their children to make money from Arab tribes. Today slavery has been connected with business that is why it has become so difficult for anti-slavery campaigners.
Peter Tuach, USA

Slavery is not a simply-defined issue. In Northern Cameroon, Chadian immigrants are treated like dirt. While living in the small town of Guidiguis, I noted that all the hardest labour was left to illegal Chadian immigrants. Some of them appeared to have wandered across the border in desperate search for food and employment. Some are taken in by families as "domestiques". Whether 8 or 50 years old, they work from pre-dawn to late at night. In return they receive minimal food and (possibly) a place to sleep. Is this slavery?
Colin S. Ray, Japan

We're all slaves, even in the western world. Why else would everyone spend their entire lives working away from their loved ones and family, only allowed to see them at evening time and the first thing in the morning if they are lucky. The only difference is that the chains in the western world are psychological ones.
Frank, Uk

I think the word slavery is used too loosely nowadays because that's the only way the western media think they can do to let the entire world compare these poor, disadvantaged people to the heinous crimes they committed centuries ago.
Adams, USA

Slavery has never been confined to the dustbin of history. All across Sahelian Africa, slavery in its ancient form is being practiced. The masters are the Arabs and their kith and kin and the slaves obviously the black Africans.
Yahaya Jalingo , Liberia

Africans need to show love to one another so we cannot be neglected by the European.
Yaya Fofana, Liberia

To Yussuf Dayib Ali, Nairobi, Kenya who thinks that slavery was invented by Europeans. Slavery has been a part of all civilisations. If you look back through history thoroughly you will see evidence that Africans raided numerous European coastal towns - in Spain, France and even Ireland. Lets keep this in context and get the facts straight so we can properly deal with the problem.
Jonathon Morris, Shropshire, England

Legalised slavery may have ended in the early 1800s, but it has been reinvented today. Masters remain at the top of the food chain - we have all been duped. Colonialism equals dependency which equals slavery. Nothing has changed except that we are the willing participants. When we leave our family, our community or country as professionals and migrate to other countries to work in a harsh, unfriendly environment, we enslave ourselves no matter how you rationalise it.
Linus Agu, Seattle USA

Slavery in Africa relies on poverty and power, because those who have power can do what they like it. African governments should abolish barbaric slavery on the continent. If slavery has been abolished in 1833, slavery should continue no more, but the Arab countries still claim superiority over indigenous Africans. As far as the Dinka or Monyjang history is concerned, Dinka was never enslaved by the Arabs. I know my Dinka or Monyjang fellows are being exploited by Arab tribes in northern Sudan and the African governments are not taking action. The international community must bring these savage tribes to justice.
Michael Nuul Mayen, Manitoba,Sudanese in Canada

It's a pity slavery still exists. This is because of our greediness. Africans play a big role in promoting this barbaric act by selling their own children to enrich themselves.
Kisanya Vincent, Nairobi, Kenya

Slavery in Africa was created by the European colonialist when agricultural plantations forced African labourers to work on their farms with poor pay and poor working conditions. African immigrants in European cities are forced to work in odd jobs and their passports are detained. They have no contact with the outside world and their families. Multi-national companies in Africa are the source of slavery in Africa today.
Yussuf Dayib Ali, Nairobi, Kenya

It is heart rendering that in this century, people are still subjecting others to sub human treatment in the name of slavery. In Africa, people view the modern form of slavery as being OK. Even parents willingly give their children to people they know who will subject them to inhuman treatment in exchange for money. Poverty and ignorance is at the root of it all. The world will find it almost impossible to convince the average African to change this line of thought.
King Yemmy Adu, Nigeria

Slavery will always exist as long as there is a gap between the rich and the poor. It is the same not only in Africa but also in other continents. Thousands of poor Rwandans work in rich people's firms or houses and they are treated like slaves. They are voiceless and not allowed to express their needs and wants. They don't know that the United Nations designated 2004 as an anti-slavery year, and even if they did know, it means nothing to them.
Albert P'Rayan, Indian expat in Rwanda

We have to fight what is behind the existence of human trafficking which forces parents to sell their beloved children. Chronic starvation may be the significant cause of 21st century slavery in Africa. Africa has to take responsibility to get rid of such an abominable situation by uprooting the main cause of it.
Daga Said, Seattle, Ethiopian in US

Slavery exists for one simple reason - exploitation. Human trafficking and slavery are not an African phenomenon. The reasons for human misery, whether child trafficking, child labour or prostitution, are manifold. A sad fact is that the majority of nations still demonstrate their total indifference and ignorance with regard to human trafficking.
Gunter W, Cologne, Germany

Slavery still exists and it may become a common way of life, just like robbery and murder. Some people refuse to respect human life especially those of different races. It will only stop if everyone learns to accept and appreciate the differences of all members of the human race.
Raha, Kenya

I am a slave. My labour is always cheap, my produce is always disdained and my future is sealed by western countries. We black people are still slaves - it's only become more sophisticated. Do we deserve it? As long as we continue to rape our countries, yes!
Asma,

Inequality between rich and poor sends powerless people into a backward world. A lot of children in developing countries are forced to work as sex slaves because of poverty. Rich people do not care about their human rights and just treat them like slaves. People in developed countries only care about their lives and their benefits. As long as this continues, the present situation won't change.
Little Maki, Japan

Many Africans especially in Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea and Ethiopia have teenagers as young as 12 who are sent to rich Arab countries to serve their masters. They never go out and do not have enough food. Those who are lucky, escape, but some die if they challenge their masters.
D. Abebe, UK

I worked in New York for a technology company. We worked as 'modern' slaves suffering from extreme exploitation, intimidation, poor wages, verbal and physical abuse, and long hours. Sometimes we did not receive any payment. They exploit foreign workers. Slavery exists in all forms, whether it's in the third world or developed nations. It will never end as long as there is support for it by someone up in the chain. Despite several complains about my experience, nothing has been done.
Anon, NYC, USA

Slavery still exists even today. Recently, I met a woman working for almost nothing. For 24 hours a day she looked after a rich diplomat's child and his house. She would not accept my help out of fear of violence or deportation and I deeply regret not forcing the matter at the time. She and the family have disappeared from the area. I hope the employer will be punished one day, however, I have accepted that it will inevitably be this woman who will suffer, whether the authorities know about it or not.
Stephanie Parkes, Switzerland

Slavery exists because of the poverty that has ravaged the affected regions. The economy of the modern world is skewed towards developed economies. Unemployment and poor standards of living are the cause of this shameful menace.
Olufemi Ijadimbola, Nigeria

Slavery is very difficult to understand. It takes many different forms as legislations regulating it change. In my home country Cameroon, it is a practice involving a conspiracy between the government, the rich and the multinationals. If you are not born into a wealthy class, tribe or family, then you are bound to suffer and miss out on the most basic of facilities.
Rexon, Cameroonian in UK

Slavery still exists in its various forms. In the USA, employers can work their people to death on ridiculously low wages, often in unsafe working conditions. They strip the workers of their liberties by trying to tell them how to live without providing shelter, food, clothes or medical care. If you are one of those employers, shame on you!
Amy Kreitzer, Kettle Falls, USA

Most Africans can be considered as slaves. We're slaves to war, disease, poverty and hunger and the rest of the world looks on in indifference.
Thabo Kesiswame, Zimbabwe

I was probably a slave when I entered the US 15 years ago. Confined to a farmland, in the middle of nowhere, some where in North Carolina. One can probably become a slave when the fear of being deported exceeds the pain and sufferings one undergo, coupled with ignorance. I walked out of that God forbidden place without a single problem. Today, I own my own home, a beautiful wife and two wonderful daughters.
Allie K, U.S.A

In my country Ghana, and I'm sure this goes for most African countries, families "donate" their young daughters between the ages of say 8 and 20 to more "affluent" families. Sometimes, the more "affluent" family might be just a single notch better than the "donating" family. The understanding is that these girls from poor families would live with their hosts, work for them and enjoy a "better" standard of life. They are often made to work from the crack of dawn till late in the night for no pay. What's more, the majority live under many other kinds of ill treatment which includes, physical and emotional abuse, as well as sexual assaults from the males in their host families. I believe that as the gap between the rich and poor narrows in Africa, and when educational opportunities increase, this phenomenon will die a natural death. No amount of legislation, though, could end this practice.
Benjamin Obeng, USA

As long as there is more money to be made from slavery than the potential for punishment, slavery will exist.
Paul, USA

Slave trade has not been abolished in my country. The truth of the matter is that we had a freedom from the hands of our colonial masters. In Nigeria today the citizens are been enslaved by those who claim to be the peace makers and political leaders. We are still under neo-colonialism which is more or less slavery.
Onyeka Etumudor, Nigeria.

Slavery exists because some people feel that they are better than others. Sometimes, slavery occurs because some people think that you owe them your servitude because they helped you in, when you were in need. I was once used as a slave. When I immigrated to the US, I was forced to work for this family because they claimed to be helping me. It was very difficult for me to say no. But, when I said no, I meant no. And it was the end of my slavery. Africans have to learn how to say no to slavery.
Feyi, U.S.A

The same beliefs that were held in the 1800s are the same today. We still have racism. This isn't about economics and anyone who feels that way is obviously not an African. I have seen educated and wealthy Africans been treated like dirt. It is an African problem, plain and simple and unless we as Africans have more respect for ourselves, we are going to be victimized over and over again.
Vickie, USA

In the mid-1990s I helped facilitate a project evaluation in Kenya for staff working with street children. Having discussed strategies for tackling 'child domestic labour' (which at that time we characterised as a modern slavery, I asked the 12 or so staff if any of them had children who were 'employed' (which usually meant no wages, access to school, etc.) to look after children, do the cooking, etc. Only one of the staff claimed not to have a 'child domestic worker'. What struck me was the 'normality' of such cultural practices which ran parallel to, and seemed relatively untouched by donor-driven campaigns.
Tim in London, UK

Slavery is undoubtedly the worst crime to humanity, it is unfortunate that this crime still rears its head in some parts of the world. This is largely because when the hardship of abject poverty, famine and uncertainty is rife in a place, the possibility of being able to stand for one's self is completely eroded, this obviously makes the people prone to be trafficked for this inhuman cause.
Eseme Ojaruega, Dominican Republic

Slavery exists because some people always have and always will feel superior to others and feel entitled to "own" others.
Fred Jordan, Mexico

When we hear of such barbaric practices, that happpen today, one should ask the following question. Is this the twenty first century? Are the reported cases of slavery in Mauritania,Niger, Sudan and other countries verifiable? I believe that slavery in Africa today is not practiced as it was in the 1800's. Maybe its class inequality not plain simple slavery.
Mubarak Salah, United Kingdom

Capitalist slavery exists in the US, using illegal immigrants - mostly from Central and South America. Factories and such promise lucrative wages and benefits, then seize everything the immigrants brought with them and forbid them to contact anyone. Any complaint is met with a threat to hand them over to local law enforcement - who won't be nearly as nice and polite as immigration - most dissenters are simply shot - there will always be another ready to walk into the trap. It's an unlimited supply of free labor, like a twisted American Dream: here, slaves don't even cost anything! This is most prevalent in the President's home state of Texas, I might add.
Rebecca, USA

Everyone in Western countries is responsible for slavery in the 21st century, and the most evident slaves are those women working in the sex industry. Who is responsible for them being in that situation? Clients. We need to inform people about it, clients always think that these girls like their job and are happy about it.
Francesco, Italy
--------------------------------

See how slavery is being abused, they certainly need all these slaves to work for them but they never offer them an honourable place. Can you also see the logical meaning of being a slave, that you are forced to do some work for someone and you must take your reward for it, (Of course, no abuse should be through the process in any way rather an honourable place).

As I told you in my first reply, that slavery is part of the test, in fact the majority of the test is based on our dealings with each other, only a small part of the test is about believing in Allah and His messages, almost all our life and what will be recorded in each one�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s book will be how such person dealt with another person. If all people are equal in every thing especially money and power, then that major part of the test will be flawed and unneeded, the two extremes must be (a master & a slave), in between there are possibly thousands and thousands of degrees, and this is when that major part of the test will be vital in gathering evidences against such person, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s see how the Quran put it in a very effective and short words:

And it is He Who has made you successors of the earth and raised some of you degrees above others, that He might try you by what He has given you; indeed your Lord is swift in the punishment, and certainly He is Forgiving, Merciful.

[Al Quran ; 6:165]

وَهُوَ الَّذِي جَعَلَكُمْ خَلَائِفَ الْأَرْضِ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَكُمْ فَوْقَ بَعْضٍ دَرَجَاتٍ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ فِي مَا آتَاكُمْ ۗ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ سَرِيعُ الْعِقَابِ وَإِنَّهُ لَغَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ (165)

-> See how brilliantly put in very brief words: And it is He Who has made you successors of the earth and raised some of you degrees above others, that He might try you by what He has given you;, clearly raising some of us degrees above others has nothing to do with the belief in Allah, yet we are told the reason for it, is: that He might try you by what He has given you

One of my favourite shows of FoxTel is a show called Dirty Jobs, in such show I see workers (slaves) doing some jobs that I am sure me and you will never accept to do, it is like the ones who do it are worse slaves than us (we too are slaves because we work for others to give us a reward so we live), now if we are all equal, who do you reckon will do such slavery jobs?, NONE, I tell you, see how the degrees of slavery are so important for life to continue on Earth, bearing in mind that the humans are the successors of the earth as the verse stated above, i.e. it is their responsibility to develop the earth into something better.

You spent some of your life studying some tough shit that many other did not bother with it, therefore you are in higher degree than those who do not know how to do it, it is like you are an experienced slave, yet what you learn will be useless if you can not find a company to enslave you, so you do what they want and they pay you a wage at the end, THIS IS SLAVERY, PAL, now if you are getting payed good wages, and offered flexible working hours and even given bonuses and education/training, then certainly you are a slave who is given an honourable place.

Therefore according to reality, you have no argument and I do have one, this is because of the following reasons:

1) You are talking about a world that only exists in your Barbie world, a world without slavery.

2) It seems you do not understand that the logical meaning of a slave is that, you are forced to work for someone to take a wage for you to live.

3) Abusing such slavery right by any master can not be used as an argument against slavery because we also have masters who honour slaves, protect them, educate them and give them good money.

4) The Quran clearly is in favour of freeing the slaves, i.e. in favour of the slaves not slavery, which mean a few things:

i- Physically freeing a slave by letting him/her go and work his/her life by themselves.
ii- Physically making the slave member of the family, like taking him/her as a child, or marrying from them if they are poor.
iii- Logically offering your slaves their freedom while they are working for you, i.e. an honourable place.

Point # 4 above clearly shows the great teaching of the Quran in regards to the must have slavery, many people even kafirs can see such great teaching, this is a link that I received today from a friend on my Email, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s have a read:

Israeli Web site advises using wisdom of Quran

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/05/quranet.website/index.html

By Dana Rosenblatt
CNN

HAIFA, Israel (CNN) -- A new Web site launched by an Israeli university professor and his Bedouin students aims to address life's everyday quandaries from the perspective of an ancient sacred text: the Quran.

Organizers of the site, Quranet.net, say they hope it will serve as a "bridge between Islam and the West" by applying the wisdom of Islam's holiest book to modern-day problems.

"We try to transform the Quran into a modern and useful tool, so that every person can find a Quranic answer to modern psychological and educational queries," said Ofer Grosbard, professor at the Academic Arab College for Education, affiliated with Haifa University.

Quranet divides chapters of the Quran into topics such as "Loss, Illness and Tragedy," and provides answers to such questions as, "Is loss an excuse for aggression?" and "What can we say to someone who refuses to accept a gesture of peace?"

The questions are answered with a relevant Quranic verse, followed by an educational-psychological explanation of the issue.

Quranet seeks to illustrate "the beauty of the Quran," said Grosbard, who believes the book's positive messages have been overshadowed by Islamic fundamentalists who've manipulated the text as a justification for terrorism.

The professor came up with the idea for Quranet while teaching a class on developmental psychology to Bedouin graduate students.

He was approached one day after class by Bushra Mazarib, a young Bedouin woman.
"Do you want me to tell you the truth?" she told Grosbard. "Nothing of what you are teaching me will help when a parent may come to me and say, 'The devil has gotten into my son.' "

Western thought and psychological explanations do not speak to a Bedouin Arab's everyday problems, explained Mazarib. The only way to address the issues facing Bedouins -- nomadic Arabs from the deserts of North Africa -- lies in the Quran, she said.

Mazarib plans to work with Bedouin parents as a school counselor. She believes the words of the Quran hold the key to addressing every question those parents may have.

"I want to explain something to parents in a language that they will understand. They don't understand psychology, they only understand the Quran," she tells CNN. "We believe [the Quran] is from God and you cannot question it."
Grosbard was taken with the simplicity of Mazarib's challenge. Soon, he doled out a new assignment: Each of his Bedouin students was to extrapolate the most educational and inspirational verses from the Quran and come up with a short story exemplifying their practicality.

His students were up for the task, returning to class with hundreds of stories from the Quran "that only a Bedouin knows how to tell," Grosbard said.

Storytelling is an intrinsic part of Bedouin culture. Bedouin Arabs, scattered throughout the Negev and Sinai deserts, make up a largely agrarian community.

Some Bedouins, such as Mazarib, live in modern luxury, but the majority live in the same type of rudimentary tents that their ancestors lived in hundreds of years ago.

Before television took over some of homes, extended Bedouin families would sit in the Den, or Diwan, exchanging stories for hours. Grosbard used his students' material to create the Quranet site and its companion book, "Quranet: A Guide for Education."

He hopes Quranet will provide practical advice to help th
Post Posted:
Sun 07 Dec, 2008 7:11 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Some Arab media, however, urge Muslims to be wary of an "Israeli Web site" that interprets the Quran to serve the "political agenda" of Israel. Politics aside, the idea of Jewish scholars interpreting or translating Islamic texts is nothing new, said Professor Akbar Ahmed, chair of Islamic Studies at the American University in Washington, D.C.
"Anything that furthers understanding, furthers bridge- building, furthers interfaith friendship is to be encouraged," said Ahmed, who believes some in the Muslim world are bound to be skeptical given the delicate nature of interpreting holy texts.

"If this project has been handled with sensitivity, then Muslims need to look at it on its merit," he said. "Before judging we need to give it a chance."

So far, Quranet is a fledgling site, with no search function or interactive features. It's also written mostly in English, with some passages in Arabic and Hebrew.

Grosbard is seeking funding to expand the site and envisions future Quranet versions in Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish and Persian.

Grosbard hopes the site also will someday have voice-enhanced capability for live chats with illiterate Web users.
As the Internet becomes more readily available in homes worldwide, Mazarib and Grosbard agree the future of Quranet is infinite. "After all," Grosbard said, "there are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world."
------------------------------------------

See how a kafir can see the wisdom in the Quran, obviously he accepts that the Quran promises him with hell if he is a kafir, but Muslims are the same to him too, according to his religion they will also be doomed because the Muslims are kafirs from his perspective, therefore we are even in such department, with the atheist though, they do not need to get insulted because they are promised with the same hell, simply because they totally believe that hell does not exist.

You can now have the stand, but as I stated I won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t re-reply unless that specific issue about Allah that I mentioned half way through my comment, I will read your opinion in all though, but we just leave it at that, because the issue of slavery may be as well relative to both of us, your problem however that you will not be able to achieve a world with no slavery under what you believe in.

Salam
Post Posted:
Sun 07 Dec, 2008 7:25 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam again A_B

We are still in the subject of slavery, I just did some search in the OT and the NT and came with the following horrible teachings regarding slavery, I am really puzzled that a smart person like you uses such subject of slavery to defame the religion of Islam despite that the Quran clearly honors the salves by forcing freeing them as well, in the story of Yusuf we saw clearly how any decent human should give the slaves an honorable place, YET you turn a blind eye on the other two religions teaching regarding the same subject, this is not an ad homenium, this is to exppose the goons who make the black white and the white black, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s look at the balck teachings of the OT regarding slaves:

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

(Leviticus 25:44-46)

-> See mate how clear the teaching of the OT in encouraging slavery: However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. , as well: You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. , it looks like a law to enforce slavery over any foreigner and his family in their land,, then the OT goes on describing slavery in the worst terms ever: You may treat them as your property, , hahaha, a human is a property, what a crap of teaching by the OT, yet it does not stop here, it goes on and on to degrade the salves: passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. , come on, you cannot get worse than this, pal, yet it confirms that because they are not Jews (foreigners) they should be treated like that, while the Jews should never be treated like that: You may treat your slaves like this, but the slaves from Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. , you can not deny that teaching also encourages racism, right?

How can the above horrible teachings be even compared with the Quran noble teachings regarding the slaves?

The OT teachings regarding slavery continues, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s see how the OT orders to free a slave:

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.

(Exodus 21:2-6)
-> The OT racism continues; it seems like only Jew slaves are the ones to be freed, yet after abusing the shit out of him for 6 years (a minimum sentence): If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. , it also seems that if such Jew slave wants to be free before the 6 years, he will owe his master some money, however if he is single before being bought as a slave but married during those first years, then he must be held as a slave for those 6 years: If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year., but if was married, it seems that his wife must be a slave with him too: But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him., i.e. his wife will be freed with him on the seventh year, i.e. his wife was enslaved with him, how about his children then?, well the OT is so high on slavery that it even teaches us what we should do with the children of the slaves, I can easily guess what is about to be taught: If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. , HOLY NONSENSE, dear A_B, what rubbish of teaching would that be exactly? Because, his master offered him (the slave) a wife (another slave), then the slave can only be freed on the seventh year but his wife and children must stay slaves to the master, and now comes the great teaching of slavery by the OT, it shows us how the god is endorsing it: But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. , which in this case (after being endorsed by god) the slave, his wife and his children will never be freed: Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.

Now do you really think that the slave deceleration of loving his master, is really motivated by love to his master?, most likely not, it sounds like being more motivated by his love to his wife and children after seeing that they will be apart by freeing him while keeping his wife and children slaves forever, the whole family is now enslaved forever.

And more of such low teachings which only implies human corruption to serve their own low desires:

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

(Exodus 21:7-11)
-> We have seen how the OT deals with the male slaves, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s see how the OT deals with the female slaves: When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are., I must ask, why the fuk is that? I may however have an accurate guess: If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. , exactly as I fukin guessed, the women slaves must be kept longer to fulfil their masters lusty and sexual desires, and they must please them but if not, then she should be sold to another client, you know, I want my fukin money back, a real Jew, I have to say, and certainly she may please another man, possibly the whole town will try her sexually first until she meets her dream master, I wonder, what they should do to her if she failed to please any master in town, what do you reckon A_B?, Now the OT goes into a very technical issue, a Jew selling his female slave because she did not please him, should only sell it to another Jew: But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. , SOUNDS LIKE PIMPING I TELL YOU, here you have it boys and girls, the OT does not only encourages slavery, rather racism, slavery and pimping.

And finally we read one possible great teaching from OT regarding the women slaves: And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter., If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife., that is polygamy, so here you have it boys and girls, the OT clearly supports polygamy, the OT also commands that such slave must be free if not treated equally with the master other wife, which is also a great teaching I have to say: If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. , However can you see how the OT is high on payment when it comes to freeing the slaves?, We do not see as such in the noble Quran

The OT goes into great details to what should be done when a master torture a slave so hard that the slave dies:
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.

(Exodus 21:20-21)
-> Here is a slave is being tortured by a ROD: When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, , what do you think the next message should be, well, it is bloody disgusting: he shall be punished , well, why not killed? Isn�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t a soul for a soul?, well possibly because the deceased is a low grade human (slave) the soul for a soul command should be executed. What should happen if after such beating the slave survived: If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. , does this sounds fair to you?

Our Christian friends will quickly wash their hands clean of the above horrible teachings that encourage, slavery, pimping and racism, by saying: sorry this is the OT, we do not follow the OT

I say, fine, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s look the Christians NT great teachings of slavery, here is slavery is clearly encouraged:

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

(Ephesians 6:5)
-> See what the slaves are commanded to do to their masters: Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ

This example from the Christians NT should show how slavery is encouraged by the god of the NT:

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

(1 Timothy 6:1-2)
-> See: Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed., HOW CLEAR THAT THE NT ENCOURAGES SLAVERY. Have the Quran ever done as such? Now the hypocrites of FFI are exposed one after another

-> The Christians NT did what the Jews OT did, not only encouraging slavery, but slavery and racism: If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. , which means that if your master is not Christian, then be disrespectful to him.

-> You argued that slavery is not about working for someone, look at the NT commands to the Christian slaves: You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts., i.e. do nopot work hard for and master that is not a Christian.

-> Then the final blow to the hypocrite Christians: Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them., I.E. Slavery is encouraged by the god of the NT

The Christians NT took te subject of slavery to a new dimension, in the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they were ignorant and didn't know that they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given."

(Luke 12:47-48)
-> See: The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly.

Here you have boys and girls of FFI, if I give you a number out of 10 in Hypocrisy and Confusion, the following should be your results:

A) Hypocrisy: 10/10
B) Confusion: 10/10

Ironically, they think that such crap and horrible teaching by their man made and corrupt NT and OT, are found in the Noble Quran

What do you think A_B?

Take care

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Wed 10 Dec, 2008 12:29 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post Posted:
Tue 09 Dec, 2008 8:27 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam All

This is All_Brains reply to my long comment about Slavery:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
As you know that slavery existed before Islam, and certainly it still exists after Islam (which may look like Islam ignored the subject for many ignorant humans). You can not also deny that slavery exists in non Muslim countries as well.

Agreed. Slavery along with other vices like murder, theft and rape existed, still exist and may continue to exist in the future. I think however that Islam copied the previous Abrahamic stand on slavery and continued to acknowledge its existence as a social order.

Quote:
Slavery is never encouraged by Allah, in fact many punishments in the Quran are freeing a slave, the point that I accept is this, because it was never prohibited by Allah, then the rule of thumb that it is ok to happen. Also using your own argument in the prostitution thread, in which you stated that the Quran never said prostitution is good, and then it can not be promoted by the Quran. Same argument is here, slavery is never promoted by Islam because we never read in the Quran that slavery is good. The only difference between the two issues (slavery and prostitution) from the Quran perspective is simply, the Quran prohibited Zina, which is the main theme for prostitution, i.e. prostitution must be prohibited unlike slavery which is never prohibited. I also believe that slavery is not prohibited in the other two major religions as far as I remember; please correct me if I am wrong.

Slavery is not even looked at as an act that warrants punishment or reward, juts like in previous religions slavery is part of the social order and only needs some sort of regulation and not abolishing.Islam did not see slavery as is immoral.

1) Now here comes my first point in this debate:

You said "Slavery is never encouraged by Allah, in fact many punishments in the Quran are freeing a slave".

This may look for a second as rule that is pro slaves and against slavery when in reality, it actually achieves quite the opposite.

Let me explain: You actually punish someone by taking away something dear from them, so that they may repent, rehabilitate and never do such thing again....

By this prescription from Allah of freeing a slave as punishment, he is in a way acknowledging how handy, beneficial and rewarding is to have a slave. Also, the fact the law breaker will suffer from losing a slave, he/she would ultimately repent and don't do the ill action anymore which will result in losing no more slaves....

So really this rule is not directed at freeing slaves, but at stopping the wrongs committed by the Muslims, which in your first instance, killing another believer....very shrewd from Allah, as he did not want his growing population to shrink!

Also, does God need an excuse to stop an immoral and wrong action from keep on going, just like he did with adultery and theft? Or is it because when the copying of the previous scriptures was taking place, slavery did not come up as a sin?

Quote:
Being not prohibited by Allah is something about which I can�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t question Allah, Allah simply can�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t be questioned regarding His laws and His actions, why He did not prohibit that and why He prohibited that, can not be the business of any creature,

I simply don't accept this at all and for one simple reason.

If a cult emerges tomorrow that orders its followers to kill all black people under the age of 18, do you then just follow without an explanation advising the reason behind the will of your new Lord?????

The worthiness of a religion and its God is/should be measured by the righteousness and morality of its rules and ideology, especially as we are talking about invisible entity, that the only proof for its existence is some words!!!!

Quote:
however if I let my poor human judgement to think of a logical reason of not prohibiting slavery by Allah, then I will easily think that a slave literally have no mean of income, therefore being a slave under a wise master is far better than being a homeless in the streets, indeed, in Australia a 24 years old homeless was bashed to death in a church ground about a year ago, the community was shocked and outraged, because that homeless man was kind and cheerful despite the tough conditions he was living in, therefore a slave under the support and protection of a wise master is far better than a lonely poor homeless who is exposed to the environment which carries a lot of danger with it and in such case the danger costed him his life after being bashed by a bunch of thugs.

Ahmed

You seem to have severely confused the terms "slave and worker".

A slave is a property of his/her owner and has no right of freedom or compensation for his work. The above homeless person you're talking about could be easily a drug addict, or someone who refuses to work.

Most people who seek work can make a living and will have a choice to either continue or leave a certain job.

Please refer to the definition of slavery http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery.

Quote:
Another story for example is from Egypt, my sister found a young 23 years old black lady who has no father and no mother, she does not even have any relative, absolutely none, my sister was told that the girl is a result of an illegal relationship and both abandoned her years ago, my sister took her to her home and now she lives with her, my sister protects her, supports her and gives her money, I witnessed it so many times when I went to Egypt, she is like someone from the family, while I am there I give her my cloth to iron and give her a decent amount of Egyptian pounds, you can imagine how she is happy by that, the lady has no option but to obey the orders of my sister, she can�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t question my sister in any thing, she must do what she is told, that was mutual with absolute no force, also it is not like my sister had an agreement with her to be her slave, and indeed, she is exactly like a slave, however a slave that is well supported, protected, fed, and given money, a slave that has all her freedom to leave any time if she wants, and sure she won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t because she has no where to go, she even does not have the Egyptian citizenship, now imagine what this young lady may face if my sister didn�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t become her master? I�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??m sure she would have turned into a prostitute, that is even more dangerous than being homeless in the streets, and yet she will still be a slave to a pimp whom she must obey or she will be harmed, can you see the difference? In my last visit to Egypt I was informed that my sister through her connections managed to make her the Egyptian citizenship, can you see how the master is caring for the slave?

Ahmed

While this is a nice and kind story I still think you have confused slavery with work. This lady does work around your sister's house in return of financial compensation and shelter. She is a house-maid. This is actually a job. The difference is she has her freedom to leave whenever she wants, even if she did not want to at this stage.

A slave can never leave his master for he/she is a property of the master.

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with slavery as long as it is practised by wise and capable human who can provide protection, support and equality to any slave he/she may possess, at the end of the day Allah always encouraged us to free the slaves, here is three examples from the Quran, but bear in mind, I honestly found that any slave who is treated fair, humanly and is considered a member of the family, decline to be freed to search for another life opportunities somewhere else. Let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s look at the three cases where Allah ordered the believers to free a slave:

Ahmed

Slavery is banned in the world since the establishment of freedom as a basic human right. I can't believe you said it was OK.

Ahmed, you have redefined slavery to suit what would you like to see and believe. Slavery before Islam, during Islam and after it had a dark and twisted history that put the human race to shame.

Allah said it was OK to go to a market where young men and women are bought and sold, they become a property of their masters, do whatever they want them to do and be denied their most basic of rights "freedom".

Today and because of enlightened, educated and fair humans slavery has been acknowledged as a shameful chapter in the human history, never to be repeated.

All three Abrahamic religions and with their almighty God could not do see the effect of slavery on humans, both slave and master and it took humans like you and me to stop the atrocities....Enough said!

Quote:
And finally:

And (as for) those who put away their wives by likening their backs to the backs of their mothers then would recall what they said, they should free a slave before they touch each other; to that you are admonished (to conform); and Allah is Aware of what you do.

[The Quran ; 58:3]

وَالَّذِينَ يُظَاهِرُونَ مِن نِّسَائِهِمْ ثُمَّ يَعُودُونَ لِمَا قَالُوا فَتَحْرِيرُ رَقَبَةٍ مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَتَمَاسَّا ذَلِكُمْ تُوعَظُونَ بِهِ وَاللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرٌ (3)

-> In the past, men used to stop sleeping with their wives when they are being upset with them, so a husband tells his wife angrily You are like my mother from now on, i.e. he will not be able to sleep with her any more, and of course this was totally BS, certainly he will sleep with her again, the law in here is, to free any slave before he can sleep with his wife again : And (as for) those who put away their wives by likening their backs to the backs of their mothers then would recall what they said , they should free a slave before they touch each other

Another very shrewd move from Allah, the punishment this time is for Muslims stopping the reproduction of more Muslims....Numbers were needed and still is the number once reason why Muslims increase rapidly.

This is hardly to honor the slave, but to punish the master for not introducing another Muslim to the herd.

Please refer my above point addressing why freeing the slave here does not actually reduce slavery.

Quote:
See mate, I consider anyone who works for money is a slave to the one who pays him/her that money, i.e. the reward that must be paid, logically speaking, this is a more accurate and logical definition of slavery, I do understand that people take it in the most literal way, like buying a human for some money and that human will be considered a slave to the one who bought him, then abuse the sh!t out of the slave and may even shackle him because he/she is a slave, however not all people do that, and certainly we may hardly see one case of humans on sale in any part of the world now days, in the primitive world however I accept that they suffered from such flaw when humans were bought and sold for even a cheap price, an example of such is prophet Yusuf, let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s have a look and see that not all masters buy slaves to abuse them:

Ahmed, again your understanding of a slave is flawed. Also, it's not just limited to purchased humans, but also war captured humans who could have been princesses or kings in their nations!!

Quote:
The moral of the above story is briefly this, possessing a slave by buying him/her for a huge price, or for a cheap price or for nothing, does not give the buyers any right to abuse them, rather to give them an honourable place, now let me shift to my logical argument that all of us are slaves one way or another, for me, a slave is someone who is forced to work for someone to make a living, and indeed all of us are, even the president of the USA, he is a slave, the most executive slave on earth however, and possibly he is not forced to work as such type of slavery, but who won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t take it my friend, this is slavery exactly as the above verse is talking about, Obama is going to be paid a decent package with high establishment and power in the land but he is going to work fukin hard for it almost on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 4 or 8 years, but we can not deny that he will be given a very honourable place, am I logically right, my friend?

Ahmed, again you're mixing up adoption, work and slavery.....

Quote:
See even if Obama could not work as such highest level of a slave, he must work for someone else to make a living, when the humans do not need to work for someone else and have enough money to support the living, they are still slaves, certainly for themselves, they have to always clean, cook and do what is needed for them to live, such type of slavery is not even sufficient for such people so they get pets and the humans become their slaves, by working for them all the time. And certainly at the end of the day, and according to the Quran we are all slaves to Allah, i.e. we must work hard for Him and He will give us our reward at the end, the slavery imposed on us by Allah is quite different however, we are given a little freedom to do what we want in this life and even ignore working for Him totally, and if that is the case then a horrible abuse will happen on the JD and if the opposite happens in this life, which is working hard for Him and doing exactly what He said that must be done, while also enjoying this life which is very short of course (it is almost nothing on the timeline, not even a dot) then a very honourable place will be granted, it is really as simple as this. For Allah to make us live from the first place and making the earth ready of us with abundant wealth and favours, is enough of an honourable place that He gave us. Now, if you want to debate this issue trying hard to flaw Allah, be my guest, I decided now to only reply to this part if you want to debate it.

So why God then ordered the other vices to be stopped and to be punished on JD (adultery and theft)???

And why would God use the word "Abd" which means slave and have the same term for slaves, who have their human masters.....

Shouldn't have God assumed the master status for himself only claiming all humans to be only called slaves through him but equal to each other, as God is simply here acknowledging the existence of other Gods and masters through calling their human subjects "Ebad" plural of Abd.

A bit of background for the readers on the meaning of the word slave in Arabic is "Abd" which means literally worshiper, hence the name Abdullah and Abdulrahaman.....

So for God to call some of his creations Ebad "plural of Abd" slaves in relations to other humans, then he's in a way acknowledging the fact that other masters exist!!! Hmmmmm

Quote:
The moral of all the above is simple, slavery will always be there between the humans and themselves and between Allah and his slaves (the humans and others), the only way which is logically can give me the impression of a non slavery life is to be granted such high honourable place (paradise), the reward that is promised by Allah or by any other god (if any) for that matter, at the end of time, if it sounds like the stories of the ancient to you, then show me how can a world without slavery continue to move forward. See pal, life will be meaningless without slavery and would not move forward, based on the accurate definition of slavery under the way I see it, which is almost the same that we learnt from the story of prophet Yusuf above

Ahmed, that's not true. Slavery in its old fashioned form has stopped for some time now. It's now at least a crime that is punishable by law when found out, which God himself couldn't / didn't want to be responsible for stopping!!! I wonder why???

Quote:
I am sure that you know well that many employers abuse their employees around the world, but I am not going to get into the human flaws of some masters abusing their slaves with 100s of types of abuse, this is in no way a teaching of the Quran as been shown above, yet the slaves are so highly respected and honoured in the Quran, to a degree that it encourages the men and women to marry from their slaves, let me show you the following example:

And marry those among you who are single and those who are pious among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are poor, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.

[Al Quran ; 24:32]

وَأَنْكِحُوا الْأَيَامَىٰ مِنْكُمْ وَالصَّالِحِينَ مِنْ عِبَادِكُمْ وَإِمَائِكُمْ ۚ إِنْ يَكُونُوا فُقَرَاءَ يُغْنِهِمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ (32)

-> Can you see the great teaching of the Quran regarding the slaves, this is morality at its maximum, the verse commands the believing men and the believing women to marry the slaves from the women and the salves from the men if they are singles and pious because those slaves are poor: And marry those among you who are single and those who are pious among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are needy, , i.e. freeing the slaves in masses, this is exactly like the story of Yusuf when the man and his wife took Yusuf as their own child, in 24:32 the slaves will be freed and become true family members by marrying them. I would like that you also take note of these two words referring to the slaves from the men and women: عِبَادِكُمْ وَإِمَائِكُمْ, because I will use it in my reply to Ma Malakat Aymanikum allegation.

Now ask yourself mate, if being a slave is something that is shameful, how come the verse above orders the believing men and believing women to marry the poor ones form the slaves?

Ahmed, in Islam masters can have sexual relations with their slaves, so why marry them??? And even if they do, what sort of phony marriage is that?

When Muhammad captured the Jewish Safiyah, killed her husband and her family then allegedly married her the same evening!!! What kind of marriage you reckon is that? Do you think Safiyah fell in love with Muhammad and wanted to marry him following his massacre of her family? Or was she simply too scared to refuse?

In my opinion even the understanding of marriage in Islam is screwed up!

Quote:
Can you also notice the accuracy of such verse by saying to marry them if they are poor: إِنْ يَكُونُوا فُقَرَاءَ , i.e. if they are poor , this logically means that there might be slaves who are rich, which indirectly confirms the logical meaning of slavery that I thoroughly explained all along. For example a woman may be working as a cleaner in a hotel, cleaning hundreds of filthy toilets every day, she must do it otherwise she wonÃ??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??t live, imagine now that she was also abused in her reward, by giving her peanuts every month, certainly she is a slave, not to you but a slave to someone else, would you take her as a wife over a well educated woman assuming that both have the same looks and figures? Most likely not, I myself will think about it many times first and even not sure what I will do, the verse above is telling me to chose the one who cleans the toilets over the other one, and again, this is morality at its maximum.

Ahmed, linguistically "inn" here does not mean if, it just means "that". It's a simple conjunction. Prove me wrong and name one slave in the Muslim era that known to have had wealth while being a slave!!??

Quote:
At least the teaching above means freeing the slaves and even make them equal to us, see man, I believe if Allah has prohibited slavery and made it a great sin, then no one would have escaped committing such sin, this because we all are slaves one way or another, and we all have been through situations when our masters give us a tough time by abusing their mastery positions, have a read through this, mate, I am also sorry that I do not have the url for it but I have included the source:

Looks like Allah didn't do a great job prohibiting the other sins, as looks like they're not stopping in a hurry.

Looks like your looking at God prohibiting sins, so that no one would go to hell because of committing them, however blatantly neglected the effect and the torture they have on their victims....

So, you're really saying here that Allah is so merciful he didn't want to make slavery a sin, so that the slave master won't go to hell, as slavery is very popular and common, meanwhile the poor slavery victims just continue to suffer!!!

Quote:
As I told you in my first reply, that slavery is part of the test, in fact the majority of the test is based on our dealings with each other, only a small part of the test is about believing in Allah and His messages,

Not true Ahmed, as an excellent human-being will still roast in hell for just not believing in Allah, while an asshole will still "eventually" enjoy everlasting heaven just because he believed in Allah!

Quote:
One of my favourite shows of FoxTel is a show called Dirty Jobs, in such show I see workers (slaves) doing some jobs that I am sure me and you will never accept to do, it is like the ones who do it are worse slaves than us (we too are slaves because we work for others to give us a reward so we live), now if we are all equal, who do you reckon will do such slavery jobs?, NONE, I tell you, see how the degrees of slavery are so important for life to continue on Earth, bearing in mind that the humans are the successors of the earth as the verse stated above, i.e. it is their responsibility to develop the earth into something better.

Ahmed,

Again you're confusing job and slavery. Freedom is a key word here!

Quote:
You spent some of your life studying some tough sh!t that many other did not bother with it, therefore you are in higher degree than those who do not know how to do it, it is like you are an experienced slave, yet what you learn will be useless if you can not find a company to enslave you, so you do what they want and they pay you a wage at the end, THIS IS SLAVERY, PAL, now if you are getting payed good wages, and offered flexible working hours and even given bonuses and education/training, then certainly you are a slave who is given an honourable place.

Again, flawed understanding of the definition of slavery.

Quote:
Therefore according to reality, you have no argument and I do have one, this is because of the following reasons:

1) You are talking about a world that only exists in your Barbie world, a world without slavery.

Not at all, God forbade adultery and theft and they never stopped. I was looking for a God that does and says the right things and it's up to us humans to apply, but when he does not say anything about such an atrocity makes your really wonder!!!
Quote:

2) It seems you do not understand that the logical meaning of a slave is that, you are forced to work for someone to take a wage for you to live.

I am afraid, it's your understanding that's flawed. Are we talking about the same slavery here? The slavery that had millions of people fighting against in order to achieve freedom....I recommend this movie "Amistad" by Anthony Hopkins and Morgan Freeman....

Quote:
3) Abusing such slavery right by any master can not be used as an argument against slavery because we also have masters who honour slaves, protect them, educate them and give them good money.

Could you please direct me to the Quranic verses that state slave's rights. I would love to see the word freedom in there, because if it ain't there, then your Quran is in a position of injustice.

Ahmed

I have not responded to any of the propaganda comments, as there is no need to.

Final key points:

1. Just because other religions did not condemn slavery then Islam should be also excused from the burden. Two wrongs does not make it right. Also, you're talking to an atheist here, who also thinks that all religions are man-made.

2. Slaves has no means of income!! No they do, through work that financially compensate them while maintaining their freedom.

3. Slavery isn't too bad and needed for the world to progress!!
I think Ahmed the above statement is derived from your wrong understanding of the term slave and confusing it with legitimate work.

4. Freeing slaves is a punishment in the Quran.This is actually against Islam is it acknowledges that slavery is beneficial to the master and therefore taking it away is a punishment, also encourages reduction of the freed slaves while the action that leads to the punishment being avoided or even better "not declared'!

5. Marrying slaves honor them despite their low level.....

Now who put these people in a lower level to start with? Why would you marry a slave if you already have sex with her? How can you marry a woman who just had her husband killed and call this a marriage?

And finally a big question for you Ahmed, why didn't Muhammad "according to the Quran" wait for 3 months (Iddah) before marrying Safiyah following the slaughter of her husband????

Cheers
All_Brains
Post Posted:
Tue 09 Dec, 2008 8:29 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

And this is my reply to only parts of his comment as qwe agreed that there will be no re-replies:

Salam A_B

Thanks for your opinion, as I said, it is now two opposite opinion, and yes I agree that I redefined slavery, see, if people can dare and redefine god, why I can not redefine slavery?

At least I redefined based on morals that suit the real world not a world that I just imagine which does noot exist, also, in my redefinition of slavery, I only used the Quran as a guidance, and from it I used a story mentioed in it that clearly deals with the issue of slavery as fact of life and how the people should deal with it.

Now I select this part only to reply to, I have read your comment in all and as I staed both of us can not afford a useless ping pong game

All_Brains wrote:
Now who put these people in a lower level to start with?

According to the Quran, Allah

All_Brains wrote:
Why would you marry a slave if you already have sex with her?

I did not see any where in the Quran any teaching that suggests sleeping with the slaves

Can you show me any verse? but please do not mix the issue with Ma Malakat Aymanikum, or with Ma Malakat Aymanihunna, they are totally different issues which I will explain when I styart discussing the next issue

All_Brains wrote:
How can you marry a woman who just had her husband killed and call this a marriage?

Is that a Jerry Springer episode or somethin?

All_Brains wrote:
And finally a big question for you Ahmed, why didn't Muhammad "according to the Quran" wait for 3 months (Iddah) before marrying Safiyah following the slaughter of her husband????

According to the Quran?

And who is Safiyah?

I do not know such person

Now if you are going to link some Jerry Springer episode that you have watched recently with Mohammed, then you need to provide to me some compelling evidences regarding all parties involved,

I only believe that Mohammed existed, I can not prove his existance to be honest, I have no evidence but the Quran in which I am only required to believe, therefore my evidence can not be even conclusive to someone like you, so for me to even start discussing your first Jerry Springer episode, you need to at least prove to me that someone in the name of Safiyah ever existed then you will need to prove to me that your second episode of Jerry springer crap, that Mohammed did not wait 3 months Idah and all that shit really happened

In fact according to the Quran, what you have alleged clealy proves that your Jerry Springer episodes never happened because the prophet should have waited 3 months Idah according to the Quran, SEE

Salam
Post Posted:
Tue 09 Dec, 2008 8:34 pm
BMZ

Zodiac: Libra

singapore.gif

Salaams, Ahmed

I can read FFI but I cannot write. The name BMZ stands banned. lol!

Please give me the links and I would like to read what the goons are talking about.

BMZ
Post Posted:
Tue 09 Dec, 2008 9:33 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

BMZ wrote:
Salaams, Ahmed

Please give me the links and I would like to read what the goons are talking about.

BMZ

Salam mate

The corrupt Ms moved my comment about Slavery in the NT and OT to another forum, which is so bias and stupid, they moved it to this link http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60305

however I put it on All_Brains site for him to reply there and even comtinue the debate on there

http://freefaith.myfreeforum.org/sutra5144.php#5144

Salam
Post Posted:
Tue 09 Dec, 2008 9:41 pm
BMZ

Zodiac: Libra

singapore.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:
BMZ wrote:
Salaams, Ahmed

BMZ

Salam mate

The corrupt Ms moved my comment about Slavery in the NT and OT to another forum, which is so bias and stupid, they moved it to this link http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60305

however I put it on All_Brains site for him to reply there and even comtinue the debate on there

http://freefaith.myfreeforum.org/sutra5144.php#5144

Salam

Thanks,

I will go and read FFI. The entire gang there is corrupt. There was no need to do that.
I think the M there does it to save FFI posters from getting humiliated by educated Muslims.

A few months ago, I went in to tackle one poster by the nick Haik Monsieur, who knows nothing about Qur'aan but just copies and pastes from other anti-Islam sites. He had me banned by M as the name BMZ firghtens FFI, it's gang and the moderators there. Laughing

Will read and comment. I don't know why a single one of them dares not come here? May be they are too scared.

Salaams
BMZ
Post Posted:
Tue 09 Dec, 2008 10:52 pm
parvez_mushtaq
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Cancer

india.gif

Assalamualaikum Rahamatullahi Wabrakathahu

i have read your post on ff regarding slavery , ahmed

i think , i agree with A_B with a point that you have compared slavery with employment

but , i think , quran clearly differentiates between slavery and employment , even in the chapter 12 that you were talking about , yusuf(pbuh) was a slave with the master when he was made commit the sin by the women but later he was a employ for the king

and more over , the type of slavery they are talking about was stopped in quran much early as in

YUSUFALI: (It is:) freeing the bondman;

this is because this was a early meccan surah

i BELIEVE (note that i never said "i think" but i say B E L I E V E) that after this verse neither our prophet(pbuh) or his companions would ever had a salve

one more thing i want to say about this verse is , as per this verse , for a pious layman Muslim , quran stops slavery
however , for a scholar, who investigates about the chronology there may be a exception

AllAH HAFIZ
Post Posted:
Sun 14 Dec, 2008 6:41 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

parvez_mushtaq wrote:
Assalamualaikum Rahamatullahi Wabrakathahu

i have read your post on ff regarding slavery , ahmed

i think , i agree with A_B with a point that you have compared slavery with employment

but , i think , quran clearly differentiates between slavery and employment , even in the chapter 12 that you were talking about , yusuf(pbuh) was a slave with the master when he was made commit the sin by the women but later he was a employ for the king

and more over , the type of slavery they are talking about was stopped in quran much early as in

YUSUFALI: (It is:) freeing the bondman;

this is because this was a early meccan surah

i BELIEVE (note that i never said "i think" but i say B E L I E V E) that after this verse neither our prophet(pbuh) or his companions would ever had a salve

one more thing i want to say about this verse is , as per this verse , for a pious layman Muslim , quran stops slavery
however , for a scholar, who investigates about the chronology there may be a exception

AllAH HAFIZ

Salam mate

Welcome to FI

I appreciate you opinion, I on the other hand clearly expressed that it is my own definition, based on my view that I consider employment a type of slavery, not just me but many as well based on real life,

In regards to 90:13, you may actually have a point and I will need to do further reading regarding the subject

Thanks mate
Post Posted:
Sun 14 Dec, 2008 6:59 pm