You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - The punishment of Rape in Islam
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information The punishment of Rape in Islam

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Class Discussion   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: The punishment of Rape in Islam Reply with quote  

Hello all

Many ignorant boys and girls on FFI say that the Quran never prohibited RAPING or it does not exist in Islam, obviously their lack of Arabic language and the Quran is making them look stupid, here is a couple of those stupid kafirs bound to hell:

ixolite wrote:
Of course, as there is no rape in Islam, only halal and haram sex, depending on if the man having sex with the woman is the lawful owner.

yeezevee wrote:
That is an interesting point dear ixolite., In fact it appears that there is NO RAPE LAW IN ISLAMIC literature.

While I have replied to their repetitive crap many times before, it seems they love to keep reading it, why now, let's rock and roll:

The Arabic word for rape is Iitadaa and looks like this اعتداء and is commonly used to imply the following:

1) اعتداء علي الارض, Iitadaa Ala Al Ard i.e. Taking a land that does not belong to you

2) اعتداء علي النفس, Iitadaa Ala Al Nafs i.e. Bashing another human

3) اعتداء علي الشرف, Iitadaa Ala Al Sharaf i.e. Sexually raping another human (male of female)

Therefore if I'm ordered not to commit اعتداء, Iitadaa without EXPLICITLY specifying which one of the above three, THEN THE ORDER MUST APPLY TO ALL THREE, and that is exactly what the doctor ordered, let's have a look:

O you who believe! do not forbid (yourselves) the good things which Allah has made lawful for you and do not exceed the limits; surely Allah does not love those who exceed the limits.

[The Quran ; 5:87]

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ تُحَرِّمُواْ طَيِّبَاتِ مَا أَحَلَّ اللّهُ لَكُمْ وَلاَ تَعْتَدُواْ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ (87)

-> See ignorant boys and girls of FFI what Allah ordered the believers, وَلاَ تَعْتَدُواْ, Wa La Taitado, i.e. and do not exceed the limits, this is a perfect translation by Shakir to this very rich Arabic word (rich in meaning), Allah even told us straight after His order: إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ,Ina Allah La Yuhib Al Muatadeen, i.e. Allah does not love those who exceed the limits

From the above, the following must be concluded:

1) Allah forbade اعتداء علي الارض, Iitadaa Ala Al Ard i.e. Taking a land that does not belong to you

2) Allah forbade اعتداء علي النفس, Iitadaa Ala Al Nafs i.e. Bashing another human

3) Allah forbade اعتداء علي الشرف, Iitadaa Ala Al Sharaf i.e. Sexually raping another human (male of female)

So far we have learnt the the Arabic word اعتداء , Itadaa is the the word to desribe the action of any trangressor, and I explained that it is commonly used with Rape, in fact the Quran has classfied any action outside legal sex is an action by Aady i.e. by a trangressor, and logically speaking RAPE is an act of sex outside what is allowed, let's have a look at the following verses:

5- And who guard their private parts,

6- Except before their mates or those whom their right hands possess, for they surely are not blameable,

7- But whoever seeks to go beyond that, these are the transgressors; .

[The Quran ; 23:5-7]

وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لِفُرُوجِهِمْ حَافِظُونَ (5)
إِلَّا عَلَى أَزْوَاجِهِمْ أوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ غَيْرُ مَلُومِينَ (6)
فَمَنِ ابْتَغَى وَرَاء ذَلِكَ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْعَادُونَ (7)

-> See Verse 5 is descrobiing the true believer,: ' وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لِفُرُوجِهِمْ حَافِظُونَ', i.e. 'And who guard their private parts', i.e. they should never commit any illegal sexual act

-> In verse 6, here is the legal sex allowed for those true believers, Except before their mates or those whom their right hands possess, for they surely are not blameable,' , See how the verse is talking about legal sex with properly married wife or a non married de facto couples (Ma Malakat Aymanikum)

-> In verse 7, we are told that anyone who seeks sexual activity outside what is allowd in the previous verse must be an Aady (transgressor): فَمَنِ ابْتَغَى وَرَاء ذَلِكَ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْعَادُونَ (7, Fa Mn Ibtagha Ghair Zalik Faola'eka Hum Al Aadoon, i.e [b]But whoever seeks to go beyond that, these are the transgressors;

Coclusion

1) Transgressing اعتداء , Itadaa, is forbidden in the Islam, we are ordered by Allah not to transgress, as well we are informed that Allah does not love the transgressors, 5:87

2) Transgressing اعتداء , Itadaa, is commonly used in the Arabic language to express the crime of Rape

3) The Quran told us that the true believers are those who guard their private parts (23:5), except for our wives and our Ma Malkat Aymanina (23:6), and if the true believers seek to go for sex beyond that like RAPE for example, then they are classfied as الْعَادُونَ , Al Aadoon, i.e. The transgressors

As we have seen above that the Quran forbids Rape, yet in even included a punishment for it, but before I show the punishment verse for Rape, I have to explain that transgressing is an act of mischief on earth, so let's see first that mischief on earth covers many transgressions:

The boys and girls of FFI either allege any of the followings or both:

1) The Quran never mention rape so it allows, or at least allows it on Ma Malakat Aymanikum
2) The Quran does not state a punishment for rape

I discussed the first allegation in details in another threads on many occasions so I won't reply to it, it is not the subbject of this thread anyway, let me first confirm that the Arabic word for Punishment is جَزَاء , Gazaa, an example is the verse about punishing the thieves:

And (as for) the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands as a punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment from Allah; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

[The Quran ; 5:38]

وَالسَّارِقُ وَالسَّارِقَةُ فَاقْطَعُواْ أَيْدِيَهُمَا جَزَاء بِمَا كَسَبَا نَكَالاً مِّنَ اللّهِ وَاللّهُ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ (38)

-> See the words فَاقْطَعُواْ أَيْدِيَهُمَا جَزَاء بِمَا كَسَبَا , ie. cut off their hands as a [b]punishment for what they have earned [/b]

Let me now ask everyone, is theft considered an act of mischief-making on earth?, well, I say it has to be, in fact it is the most common mischief-making on earth, in this act, a person hurts another by taking their possessions, in fact I believe that most humans (a very high percentage including myself) stole (at least) once in their lives, some even do it without realizing that they are committing theft.

Mischief on earth is any deliberate act that is committed by any human and consequently causes a loss to another human (the loss can be either physical or mental). This must cover all crimes that we classify as crimes, including murder, theft, car jacking, terrorism, rape, and even lying if it causes losses to others, I will leave your imagination to think about all those acts of crimes which (all) are classified as MICHIEF IN THE LAND, that is why we have the law of the land to protect us against all those acts of mischief committed by criminals.

To describe a person who causes mischief in the land, you call him/her Muffsid مُفْسِدَُ , or you may call him/her Fasid فاسد , both mean mischief maker[/b, ]we can add another two words [b] فِي الأَرْضِ Fi Al Ard, ie. in the land or more accurately on earth to any of these two words (Muffsid & Fasid) to be more specific that the mischief caused is committed on earth.

The words should look like this:

- مُفْسِدَُ فِي الأَرْضِ , Muffsid Fi Al Ard, ie. mischief maker on earth
- فاسد فِي الأَرْضِ , Fasid Fi Al Ard, ie. mischief maker on earth

However we can omit the words فِي الأَرْضِ Fi Al Ard, ie. on earth and the context should still be understood as being on earth because we are not living on mars, got it?

Before I continue on, I have to explain a very important point, there is another word to describes a Muffsid, a mischief maker, the word is Muttad معتد , ie transgressor or perpetrator, the corresponding word for Fasid is Aadi عادي , ie transgressor or perpetrator, what should be noted is this:

Every Muffsid is Muttad but not every Muttad is Muffsid

Ie.

Every mischief maker is transgressor but not every transgressor is mischief maker

Ie, Allah allows the humans to transgress in reply to transgression that been inflicted upon them , let�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s look at the following verse:

The Sacred month for the sacred month and all sacred things are (under the law of) retaliation; whoever then acts aggressively against you, inflict injury on him according to the injury he has inflicted on you and be careful (of your duty) to Allah and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

[The Quran ; 2:194]

الشَّهْرُ الْحَرَامُ بِالشَّهْرِ الْحَرَامِ وَالْحُرُمَاتُ قِصَاصٌ فَمَنِ اعْتَدَى عَلَيْكُمْ فَاعْتَدُواْ عَلَيْهِ بِمِثْلِ مَا اعْتَدَى عَلَيْكُمْ وَاتَّقُواْ اللّهَ وَاعْلَمُواْ أَنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الْمُتَّقِينَ (194)

-> See, فَمَنِ اعْتَدَى عَلَيْكُمْ فَاعْتَدُواْ عَلَيْهِ بِمِثْلِ مَا اعْتَدَى عَلَيْكُمْ وَاتَّقُواْ اللّهَ , ie. whoever then acts aggressively against you, inflict injury on him according to the injury he has inflicted on you and be careful (of your duty) to Allah

ie. if the act of aggression was not in reply to an act of aggression then it has to be an act of mischief making in the land, the following verse confirms what I just said:

And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you, and do not transgress , surely Allah does not love the transgressors.

[The Quran ; 2:190]

وَقَاتِلُواْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللّهِ الَّذِينَ يُقَاتِلُونَكُمْ وَلاَ تَعْتَدُواْ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُحِبِّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ (190)

-> See, fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you, and do not transgress , surely Allah does not love the transgressors.

The above point is very important to understand because the act of transgression is not exclusive to attacking another person land, rather attacking any person, in fact the Arabic words for rape are اعتداء جنسي IÃ??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??tidaa Ginsi, as you can see, it is 2 words, the main word is the first one IÃ??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??tidaa which means transgression, the second word means sex, i.e. transgression in relation to sex

Going back to the first point that I made that any act of causing anyone a loss is an act of mischief in the land, in the following verses the Quran confirms that theft is an act of mischief on earth:

73: They said: By Allah! you know for certain that we have not come to make mischief in the land, and we are not thieves.

[The Quran ; 12:73]

قَالُواْ تَاللّهِ لَقَدْ عَلِمْتُم مَّا جِئْنَا لِنُفْسِدَ فِي الأَرْضِ وَمَا كُنَّا سَارِقِينَ (73)

-> See above, when the brothers of prophet Yusuf were accused of theft, they replied: مَّا جِئْنَا لِنُفْسِدَ فِي الأَرْضِ وَمَا كُنَّا سَارِقِينَ , Ma GeÃ??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??inna Li Nuffsid Fi Al Ard Wa Ma Kunna Sareqin, ie. we have not come to make mischief in the land, and we are not thieves, clearly theft is an act of mischief making in the land (on earth)

Here is another example of mischief making in the land (on earth):

And, O my people! give full measure and weight fairly, and defraud not men their things, and do not act corruptly in the land, making mischief:

[The Quran ; 11:85]

وَيَا قَوْمِ أَوْفُواْ الْمِكْيَالَ وَالْمِيزَانَ بِالْقِسْطِ وَلاَ تَبْخَسُواْ النَّاسَ أَشْيَاءهُمْ وَلاَ تَعْثَوْاْ فِي الأَرْضِ مُفْسِدِينَ (85)

-> Prophet Shauib was sent to a people who were traders, they used to defraud their customers when they measure or weight the products the customers buy, on the other hand when those frauds measure or weight what they buy for themselves, they make sure that it is fairly measured or weighted, is this an act of mischief in the land?, of course it has to be , see what prophet Shauib said to those frauds: And, O my people! give full measure and weight fairly, and defraud not men their things, and do not act corruptly in the land, making mischief, see, another act of mischief in the land

Gog and Magog are also another example to those who make mischief in the land:

They said: O Zulqarnain! surely Gog and Magog make mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute on condition that you should raise a barrier between us and them

[The Quran ; 18:94]

قَالُوا يَا ذَا الْقَرْنَيْنِ إِنَّ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ مُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَهَلْ نَجْعَلُ لَكَ خَرْجًا عَلَى أَن تَجْعَلَ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَهُمْ سَدًّا (94)

-> See, يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ مُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ, surely Gog and Magog make mischief in the land

The following example caught my eyes, I was watching Crime Scene Investigators (Australia) on Foxtel the other day and it was about serial killers (David & Catherine Birnie) - http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/serialkillers/birnie.htm who terrorised young women in Perth �?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? Australia in 1987, they raped and murdered 4 young girls in the most horrifying way, after watching the show I searched the net and read more about them, here is what someone who knew David Bernie has to say about him:

Having known David Birnie for a number of years before he committed suicide, it was hard to believe he was one of this country�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s worst murderers. The small-stature vegetarian appeared as someone who would not harm a fly. He could be charming and extremely polite. Yet behind the friendly exterior beat the heart of a savage and violent killer. He shirked the tag of serial killer, preferring instead to refer to his crimes as a six-week 'rampage' that ended the lives of several young innocent women.

http://www.thecrimeweb.com/David%20and%20Catherine%20Birnie.htm

And that is exactly how the Quran described someone like David Birnie:

204: There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life May dazzle you, and he calls Allah to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies.

205: And when he turns back, he runs along in the land that he may cause mischief in it and destroy the tilth and the stock, and Allah does not love mischief-making.

[The Quran ; 2:204-205]

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُعْجِبُكَ قَوْلُهُ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَيُشْهِدُ اللّهَ عَلَى مَا فِي قَلْبِهِ وَهُوَ أَلَدُّ الْخِصَامِ (204)
وَإِذَا تَوَلَّى سَعَى فِي الأَرْضِ لِيُفْسِدَ فِيِهَا وَيُهْلِكَ الْحَرْثَ وَالنَّسْلَ وَاللّهُ لاَ يُحِبُّ الفَسَادَ (205)

-> See, There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life May dazzle you, then And when he turns back, he runs along in the land that he may cause mischief in it and destroy the tilth and the stock, EXACTLY as rapist and serial killer David Birnie was, can you see how the verse ended: َاللّهُ لاَ يُحِبُّ الفَسَادَ , Allah does not love mischief-making., EXACTLY as He told us that He does not love the transgressors in 2:190, let me put it under each other so you can compare:

> 2:190, اللّهَ لاَ يُحِبِّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ Allah La Yuhib Al Muttadin, ie. Allah does not love the transgressors
> 2:205, اللّهُ لاَ يُحِبُّ الفَسَادَ Allah La Yuhib Al Fasad Allah does not love mischief-making

Can you see the relation between mischief making and transgression?

This relation can be seen in the following verses:

55: Call on your Lord humbly and secretly; surely He does not love those who are transgressors

56: And do not make mischief in the earth after its reformation, and call on Him fearing and hoping; surely the mercy of Allah is nigh to those who do good (to others).

[The Quran ; 7:55-56]

ادْعُواْ رَبَّكُمْ تَضَرُّعًا وَخُفْيَةً إِنَّهُ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ (55)
وَلاَ تُفْسِدُواْ فِي الأَرْضِ بَعْدَ إِصْلاَحِهَا وَادْعُوهُ خَوْفًا وَطَمَعًا إِنَّ رَحْمَتَ اللّهِ قَرِيبٌ مِّنَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ (56)

-> In verse 7:55 Allah is telling us that: إِنَّهُ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ , ie. He does not love those who are transgressors , then straight told us in 7:56 وَلاَ تُفْسِدُواْ فِي الأَرْضِ بَعْدَ إِصْلاَحِهَا , ie. And do not make mischief in the earth after its reformation

Another example of mischief makers is those 9 men during prophet Salih time, the 9 men who killed the She Camel that was sent as a sign to them:

And there were in the city nine persons who made mischief in the land and did not act aright.

[The Quran ; 27:48]

وَكَانَ فِي الْمَدِينَةِ تِسْعَةُ رَهْطٍ يُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا يُصْلِحُونَ (48)

-> See how those turds were described, يُفْسِدُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ , ie. who made mischief in the land

Another obvious example to a mischief maker was Firon, the Quran told us that he was raping the women of the Jews after killing their men:

So when he brought to them the truth from Us, they said: Slay the sons of those who believe with him and keep their women alive; and the struggle of the unbelievers will only come to a state of perdition.

[The Quran ; 40:25]

فَلَمَّا جَاءهُم بِالْحَقِّ مِنْ عِندِنَا قَالُوا اقْتُلُوا أَبْنَاء الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ وَاسْتَحْيُوا نِسَاءهُمْ وَمَا كَيْدُ الْكَافِرِينَ إِلَّا فِي ضَلَالٍ (25)

-> See اقْتُلُوا أَبْنَاء الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ وَاسْتَحْيُوا نِسَاءهُمْ, ie. Slay the sons of those who believe with him and keep their women alive, ironically the Bible is telling us that it was not Firon who said so rather Moses himself who said so which is a clear cut lie of course, because the Quran is here to qualify what the bible says and in this case the bible can not be true.

Obviously keeping the women for themselves to rape them is an act of mischief making:

What! now! and indeed you disobeyed before and you were of the mischief-makers.

[The Quran ; 10:91]

آلآنَ وَقَدْ عَصَيْتَ قَبْلُ وَكُنتَ مِنَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ (91)

-> See how Firon was decribed: وَكُنتَ مِنَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ Wa Kunt Min Al Mufssidin ie. and you were of the mischief-makers

Again Firon and his people were mischief makers because they used to kill the males of the Jews and keep their women for themselves to rape:

Surely Firon exalted himself in the land and made its people into parties, weakening one party from among them; he slaughtered their sons and let their women live; surely he was one of the mischief-makers.

[The Quran ; 28:4]

إِنَّ فِرْعَوْنَ عَلَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَجَعَلَ أَهْلَهَا شِيَعًا يَسْتَضْعِفُ طَائِفَةً مِّنْهُمْ يُذَبِّحُ أَبْنَاءهُمْ وَيَسْتَحْيِي نِسَاءهُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ مِنَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ (4)

-> See how Firon was described وَيَسْتَحْيِي نِسَاءهُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ مِنَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ , ie. and let their women live; surely he was one of the mischief-makers. , obviously he was not keeping their women to live as a mercy rather to slave and rape them.

Now if the Quran has specified a punishment جَزَاء , Gazaa for mischief-making in the land then logically speaking it may be considered as a punishment for rape, letÃ??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??s look at the following verses:

33: The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,

34: Except those who repent before you have them in your power; so know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

[The Quran ; 5:33-34]

إِنَّمَا جَزَاء الَّذِينَ يُحَارِبُونَ اللّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَيَسْعَوْنَ فِي الأَرْضِ فَسَادًا أَن يُقَتَّلُواْ أَوْ يُصَلَّبُواْ أَوْ تُقَطَّعَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَأَرْجُلُهُم مِّنْ خِلافٍ أَوْ يُنفَوْاْ مِنَ الأَرْضِ ذَلِكَ لَهُمْ خِزْيٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَلَهُمْ فِي الآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ (33)
إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ تَابُواْ مِن قَبْلِ أَن تَقْدِرُواْ عَلَيْهِمْ فَاعْلَمُواْ أَنَّ اللّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ (34)

-> Verse 5:33 is talking about the punishment of two crimes, here is the two crimes:

A) wage war against Allah and His messenger
B) and strive to make mischief in the land, َيَسْعَوْنَ فِي الأَرْضِ فَسَادًا Yasoon Fi Al Ard Fasada

Note: the above two crimes can be also understood as one crime, i.e. fighting Allah and His messenger is considered Fasad Fi Al Ard, however (and this is an important however), understanding it as it means two crimes is still valid and cause no contradiction in the grammar nor the Quran context as a whole, I firmly believe that taking it as a one specific crime (fighting Allah and His messenger) and another general crime (strife to make mischief in the land) is more valid because Allah has given us 4 options of punishment:

- The punishments for the crime(s) mentioned in 5:33 are:

A) They should be murdered
B) Or crucified
C) Or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides
D) Or they should be imprisoned

From all the above it is clear that the Quran specofied a punushment for rape, a rapist is one who is seeking sex outside what the Quran allows, the act of rape Itadaa Jinsi aggression involving sex is an act of mischief-making in the land, and because 5:33 has specified 4 options to punish those who make mischief in the land, then it is 100% valid to use any of those punishments to punish any rapist and based on the amount of mischief they make, for example someone may rape one person with little amount of violence while another torture his victim without killing her and a third may torture, rape then kill his victim, and certainly others will do it more than once, David & Catherine Birnie are good examples of such mischief-makers and if I have the power to choose which one of the above 4 punishments to inflict on them, I would have gone for option A

Salam
Post Messageicon Posted:
Thu 28 Aug, 2008 11:52 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website