You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Need a software like this
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Need a software like this

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Thanks a lot for putting all your efforts, i dint expect you can create such application so early.

I am sure , this software is going to be a blockbuster, I will try my best to send you the feedback and comments on your application.

These are my following comments.

Good comments.
1. created in very short time
2. Notes are working perfect. Good thing is the notes are with the date.
3. Lot of creative ideas you have
4. Arabic word search is awesome
5. This software will rock , when its complete

Other Comments
1. The Resolution or the size of the application is fixed, its giving me a hard time to use in different resolutions of the monitor. Its better to avoid the horizontal scroll bar. (check screenshots)
3. Searching a translation works well. But it highlights the whole verse instead of the word, but that will not be an issue.
4. Bookmark is not as I requested. i will explain again what bookmark should do.
5. Exporting feature hangs the system. the screen shot is available.
6. Are these first arabic letters buttons? , i am unable to use it.
7. There should be some change in design , I will suggest you about the design.
8. I dont know how you managed to search arabic words, but searching arabic root word will be a magic.
9 As you already mentioned , There should be option for searching notes with the translation. It is better while we are searching the translation , if we have a check box "WithNotes" to search.

Bookmark Feature:
1. In your application , bookmark and tags are two different features. you should change the feature into one as i explain..
2. when ever I bookmark an Ayat , it should ask for bookmark name. so next time if I come across a similar ayat I will bookmark the new ayat with the same bookmark name.
3. For an example: I can have two different bookmark names like ("JudgmentDay" , "Description of hell" ). In each of these bookmark names there can be any number of ayats.
4. One Ayat can be added in many Bookmark names.

Design changes:
1. Surah name , Surah number and Verse number , should be inside the Translation box. So that if I use copy to clipboard , it should copy with these numbers.
2. The left box with buttons beside each ayat , should be shiffted to right. because the starting of the screen is occupied by lot of buttons , which distracts while reading.
3. Every Ayat is taking a lot of vertical space, this should be reduced. Each page has only 4 ayats, which is no good. It should have a min of 10 ayats.
4. When Any Ayat contains notes, the notes Icon should have a different colour. (There is no need of popping a question to tell that there are no notes). color is an indication to knowing that.
5. While reading ayats, if i want to read the next verse or nextpage. i would prefer using keyboard keys , instead of page buttons or scrollbar. page buttons and scrollbar should be there on each page , but for convenience, i want shortcuts.

Screen Shot

Let me know, if you did not understand any of my comment.

Regards,
MAK
Post Posted:
Sat 24 Jan, 2009 5:22 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Thanks a lot for putting all your efforts, i dint expect you can create such application so early.

No worries mate, thanks for giving me the encouragement I needed to design Access Quran, I always wanted to do it but never managed to get the Arabic text in a table without any encoding, i.e. what you see is what you get regarding Arabic letters, I only have a MySQL table but the Arabic text is stored encoded and looks like Russian characters to me, so when I saw the mdb file you made, that was it for me as that is exactly what I needed

However when I started to design using VBA, all the Arabic text appeared as ?????????????????????¢???????????????????????????????¢??????????????????????, in effect I could not do anything, but after about 3 hours of struggling, I found that I needed to do a minor change under the Advance Regional Settings Control Panel (Windows XP Pro), it seems I must do that as a developer and not as a user, i.e. the program users do not need to do such change on their Windows XP machine, I confirmed that by running Access Quran on another machine with different operating system (Windows 2003 Server) which does not have such change in the Advanced Regional Settings Control Panel, and it ran perfectly. That was a lot of worry to me as I wanted to avoid that the users do a change on their Windows XP settings to run the Access Quran.

One of the design elements that I have taken into account is to make the program features packed on both languages, Arabic and English, Let?????????????????????¢??s consider it as a closed loop between the two languages

If you start on Arabic Quran, then you should navigate to the English Quran with ease

And, if you start on English Quran, then you should navigate to the Arabic Quran with ease

If I am using just one English translation, then it will all be piece of cake, however what complicated things that I am using 4 different English translations along with the transliteration. This problem resulted in considering the ability to chose which English Translation, as well comparing all same language translations, and this case, it is the English language. The future potential in here may be more different versions to support Arabic and any other language (with multiple translations), and another version to compare between a number of languages together all at once. I will consider such potential of course if I can get the help of other language speakers, because they must do it themselves as I won?????????????????????¢??t be able to understand such language, however I will provide all the technical support for them to understand my coder which is based on logic, not just a code that is typed to do whatever, there is a very smart logic behind the scene, a logic that is he result of my 12 years or so programming in Access, I virtually use such logic in all my applications, I was actually forced to sit down and come up with such logic to ease further developments as the fact was discovered that I always need to change and modify my DB designs.

Anyway, if we look at the current Access Quran version (Arabic/Multiple English translation ?????????????????????¢?? currently 4, but there is potential to add another 4 translations and even more if required), we see a very simple Main Menu:

The first 2 button <Arabic Quran> and <English Quran>, are the heart of this application, almost 99% of the functionalities are executed from these two screens, that is the Closed loop I mentioned earlier, let?????????????????????¢??s say it should be represented like this

Arabic Quran -> English Quran -> Multiple Translations

Or

English Quran -> Multiple Translations -> Arabic Quran

With other languages versions, English will be replaced with each language.

For the other buttons on the Main Menu:

3- <Restore Tables> : this is a module that will be available soon, it is required so when a new version is released, the users must have the abilities to restore all their previous notes, booksmarks and tags

4- <Clean Tags> : another required module to examine the currently stored Tags and their verses to remove what is not required, this feature may be needed in the future as the Tags tables grow and may affect the performance, so removing unwanted Tags will be a very good action to take

5- <Allow Bypass Key> : This is for me and for those who will work on doing further development for Access Quran, however the design version (MDB) must be provided by me for developers, Allowing the Bypass Key on a compiled version (MDE) is useless for developers.

6- <Exit> : simply to exit Access Quran, this is not a simple quit, there is far more into it, for example, I need to empty 2 temp tables just before the applications quits, as well I need to compact the application after it quits, this is a must to keep Access Quran always healthy, therefore Access Quran will take control and even prevent the user from shutting down their machine until they properly quit Access Quran, i.e. clicking this button before they shut down their machine. (Try it and see for yourself)

Now as I read your feed back, I will explain those two main screen accompanied with screenshots, however you should know that there might be some limitations to things that may be needed, in this case I still take the attitude of can do, as I actually can get around Access limitations using my own VBA code, so let?????????????????????¢??s see

QuranandScience wrote:
I am sure , this software is going to be a blockbuster,

No question about it inshaallah considering that what you saw is my first impression, that is why I worked on it so hard to finish it in almost no time considering the features, which I call ?????????????????????¢??Automations?????????????????????¢??, that is what I am good at, Automating things, especially with presenting bulk data, my only problem with Access Quran is the Arabic font, it requires a specific Code Page, and what makes it more complicated is the diacritical marks

For example, the word Al-Sama?????????????????????¢??a may have many vowels ending, in all cases the word meaning is exactly the same and the letters are identical, therefore when we search for such word in Arabic, we should find it regardless of the diacritical marks. That could not be the case with Access Quran, after some testing, Access search differentiate between the same word with different diacritical marks, that was one hell of a problem for me, as initially I thought that the users use a virtual keyboard to type the Arabic words to search for, but after testing it, the results was not right, the reason is those marks, as the Arabic data of the Quran verses is stored with the marks, but there is no mean of typing such marks, CAN YOU SEE THE BIG PROBLEM, so to confirm, I copied an Arabic word from the stored Arabic data (which includes the marks) and searched for it, the results was as expected, so I felt a bit of light in the horizon, I sat down and came up with a very good idea as follow:

If I can parse all the Arabic verses into single Arabic words (using the spaces between the words as indicators), then collect all unique words of the list of all these words, I may be able to provide a drop down for the users to select a word, i.e. (typing the Arabic word is eliminated), then problem solved, can you see the light in such idea, it is so great because :

1) I will have a table with all Arabic words used in the Quran
2) The user need to only search for these words, any other Arabic words that do not exist in the quran are not needed to be looked for

But this added a huge problem to me, as now, I need to create an independent program to navigate through all Arabic verses and isolate the words, which Alhamdullelah managed to create ina bout two hours and it ran for about 2 minutes, so it was fast as well, I came up with over 18,000 unique words that are used in the Quran

There is a limitation however for the above:

1) Due to some diacritical marks, some words were not isolated, however it is very rare, less than 0.1 %, I am monitoring it and adding the words that I could not find, possibly the feedback from the users will be of a great help t(my email address will be provided in the About Screen, which will be added later inshalllah)

2) all words preceded by a Waw will be considered as words starting with a Waw, this is due to the fact that there is no space between the Waw and the word after it, as if being one word, in reality though, they are two words, as the Waw is a word on its own, quite the contrary, I found this limitation to be beneficial to a degree as it presents the word after the Waw in addition to all words that starts with a Waw, you must use it to get the feel of it and possibly appreciate it.

So let?????????????????????¢??s start with the Top Right Corner of the Arabic Quran screen (which is used to enter the criteria for Searching and Filtering features of Access Quran:

As you can see, there are 3 drop downs and 10 buttons,

For the drop downs:

1- Drop down # 1 for a list of all Sura IDs along with Arabic names
2- Drop down # 2 for a list of all Unique Arabic words used in the Quran, 18,043 words to be exact
3- Drop down # 3 for a list of all Saved Tags

What you may notice in these 3 drop downs that the second drop down has a different color which is the same color as the control box used in the Top Left Corner of the Arabic Quran screen, let me show you part of this control box:

Simply, the above control box has 29 buttons, 28 buttons for all 28 Arabic Alphabet, and a button labelled <All> to represent <All Arabic Letters>. Pressing any button in this control box will affect the list viewed by Drop Down # 2 (explained above), that is why the control box and the drop down have the same font color, this control box is needed to make viewing the 18,043 Arabic words easy, simply press the letter you want to only look at all Arabic words used the Quran that started with that letter, the action will be noticed when you click on Drop down # 2 to select an Arabic word to search for.

That was the top section of the Arabic Quran screen, which is used to search or filter the Arabic verses displayed in the bottom section. Now, to finalise the description of this top section, I need to describe the Ten buttons which appear on the Top righ corner as seen below:

Some of these buttons works on only the verses within the current recordset, these buttons are (1,2,6,7,8 and 9) , the rest of the buttons (3,4,5 and 9) have nothing to do with the verses within the current recordset

For the buttons:

1- Button # 1 is to search for a first occurrence of a specific Arabic word that is selected from Drop down # 2, if Drop down # 2 is blank and you press this button, Drop down # 2 will flash 3 times in blue to inform you that you need to select an Arabic word to search for, (works only with the current record set)

2- Button # 2 is to find the next occurrence of a specific Arabic word that is selected from Drop down # 2, if Drop down # 2 is blank and you press this button, Drop down # 2 will flash 3 times in blue to inform you that you need to select an Arabic word to search for. This button is simply to continue searching once at a time after using Button # 1 at least once, continue pressing this button to keep jumping to the next occurrence, (works only with the current record set)

3- Button # 3 is to apply filter to the verses included in the current recordset, you need at least one value selected in any of the 3 drop downs, if you press this button while all three drop downs are blanks, then all three drop downs will flash 3 times in blue to inform the user to select some criteria first. After any criteria is selected and the button is pressed, Access Quran will filter the verses according to the selected criteria, for example, if you select only Sura ID 1, then the filtered verses should only be 7 verses, etc. The Arabic Quran Screen Title should have the word ?????????????????????¢??Filtered?????????????????????¢?? to inform the user that not all verses are included in the current recordset.

Note, if you want to use any of your saved Tags (drop down # 3) as a filter criteria, then it overwrites any criteria selected in the other two drop downs, i.e. you criteria may be as follow:

1) ?????????????????????¢??Sura ID?????????????????????¢?? and / or ?????????????????????¢??An Arabic word?????????????????????¢??
2) Tag Name

You can not have a combination of the 3 criteria

4- Button # 4 is to remove any applied filter, i.e. to view all verses again.

5- Button # 5 is to apply a filter based on all bookmarked verses, to remove this filter, use Button # 4

6- Button # 6 is to export all the verses in the current recordset to a TXT file, the file must have ?????????????????????¢??.txt?????????????????????¢?? extension, however the user may not need to type the extension, Access Quran will handle it, if the user type any other extension (.csv for example), Access Quran will change it to ?????????????????????¢??.txt?????????????????????¢??????????????????????, this is important to correctly view the Arabic characters in the designated text file, (works only with the current record set)

7- Button # 7 is to bookmark all the verses within the current recordset, (works only with the current record set)

8- Button # 8 is to remove all bookmarks from all the verses within the current recordset, (works only with the current record set)

9- Button # 9 is to add all the records within the current recordset to a search Tag, the user will be prompted to enter the search tag name, if the entered search tag name already exists, Access Quran will prompt the user to either replace the existing search tag or add the verses within the current recordset to the existing search tag, Access Quran will take care not to duplicate any verse within the same search tag, (works only with the current record set)

10- Button # 10 is to close Arabic Quran screen and open the Main Menu

QuranandScience wrote:
I will try my best to send you the feedback and comments on your application.

Will be very much appreciated, and I will do my best to implement any valid ideas.

QuranandScience wrote:
These are my following comments.

Good comments.
1. created in very short time

Yes indeed, I am very fast application development, but only when I have enthusiasm to the application in hand, some application for me are very boring, however I really enjoyed this one great deal.

QuranandScience wrote:
2. Notes are working perfect. Good thing is the notes are with the date.

Cool, you can also use the spell check from the top application tool bar to check your notes.

QuranandScience wrote:
3. Lot of creative ideas you have

That is one of my strengths as a programmer, btw

QuranandScience wrote:
4. Arabic word search is awesome

yes indeed, I just love it, it is the result of an intense thinking btw.

QuranandScience wrote:
5. This software will rock , when its complete

Inshallah

QuranandScience wrote:
Other Comments
1. The Resolution or the size of the application is fixed, its giving me a hard time to use in different resolutions of the monitor. Its better to avoid the horizontal scroll bar. (check screenshots)

Sorry for that, it was my mistake to use a very high resolution while designing it, I have put it down two levels to 768x1024 which required for me to realign everyting in the main two screens (Arabic Quran & English Quran), it should be ok now.

QuranandScience wrote:
3. Searching a translation works well. But it highlights the whole verse instead of the word, but that will not be an issue.

Yes, I agree, however there might be a limitation in here, I will still investigate to see if I can over come it using VBA code.

QuranandScience wrote:
4. Bookmark is not as I requested. i will explain again what bookmark should do.

I think I am the one who needs to explain it, but will see your feedback first

QuranandScience wrote:
5. Exporting feature hangs the system. the screen shot is available.

There is was a bug in there that I have fixed, did you notice that I am calling the windows API functions, this is the dialogue box asking for the file location, the problem was caused by the columns that should be exported, as you have seen that the export feature is available in both screens, however there is a different in the way of exporting if the process is initiated from the Arabic Quran screen to the one when initiated from the English Quran screen, you may do both then look at the exported files and inform me with what fields should be exported and if the file should be the same regardless from where the Export process is intitated.

QuranandScience wrote:
6. Are these first arabic letters buttons? , i am unable to use it.

Yes, each one will filter drop down # 2 to only view the Arabic words that start with this letter, this tool box is only available in the Arabic Quran screen, in the Quran Quran screen (which I will explain later inshallah) it has no use, thus, it is disabled, this is due to the fact that under the English Quran screen, we should be searching for English words, hence drop down # 2 (which contains all Arabic words) does not exist in the English Quran screen, I have kept it there however, to keep the screens square and consistent., if I remove it, there will be a huge empty space in there which will look ugly as far as I believe.

QuranandScience wrote:
7. There should be some change in design , I will suggest you about the design.

No worries, I am always open for new merited changes and modifications.

QuranandScience wrote:
8. I dont know how you managed to search arabic words, but searching arabic root word will be a magic.

I think this request may be impossible to achieve, however what Access Quran provides is totally unique, it is giving a list of all Arabic words used in the Quran to select from.

QuranandScience wrote:
9 As you already mentioned , There should be option for searching notes with the translation. It is better while we are searching the translation , if we have a check box "WithNotes" to search.

This is not an easy one as the notes are stored in another table and not in the same table as the verses, this fact of design was required to achieve a one to many relations between each verse and its notes, i.e. for one verse we may have million notes, so to search both tables does not make sense for me, however I will still investigate it and see if I can come up with solution considering what you sugested already or may suggest after reading this.

QuranandScience wrote:
Bookmark Feature:
1. In your application , bookmark and tags are two different features. you should change the feature into one as i explain..

What happened is, I misunderstood first what you meant by the tags, so I thought it is a matter of bookmarking any verse for later investigation, so I created that bookmark feature, however I had another read at your request then realized what you mean by the Tags, so I thought that it should be another feature while keeping the book mark feature, so I created that Tag feature (Button # 9), later on realized that the bookmark feature can work seamlessly with the Tag feature while both are two separate operations still, for example:

I cam book mark a few verses, then move on an bookmark more verses, then later on, by using (Button # 5) I can filter for all book marked verses to make it the current recordset, then I can create a search Tag for the current recordset (Button # 9), the collaboration between the two features may not be needed, but because it was already there, I?????????????????????¢??d rather keep it, however the Tag feature alone should satisfy your requirement.

QuranandScience wrote:
2. when ever I bookmark an Ayat , it should ask for bookmark name. so next time if I come across a similar ayat I will bookmark the new ayat with the same bookmark name.

You should know that Access Quran treats bookmarking as different to Tagging, what you need to achieve what you want above is to only use the Tag feature (Button # 9) I.e you need to somehow make the verse you want as the only verse in the current recordset, then use Button # 9 where you will be asked to enter a tag name and such verse will be Tagged to that name, later on if you want to add more verses, you need to get those verses in the current recordset, then press button # 9 and enter the same Tag name and that is when Access Quran will give you the option to either replace the existing tag, or add verses to it.

QuranandScience wrote:
3. For an example: I can have two different bookmark names like ("JudgmentDay" , "Description of hell" ). In each of these bookmark names there can be any number of ayats.

Sure, the Tag feature should satisfy that, however bookmarking feature will come very handy in here as it can be used to only view such verse in the current recordseht by firstly clearing all book marks (button # 8) then bookmark such verse, then filter for bookmarked verses (button # 5) which could bring only that verse, then use button # 9 to add a Tag then type an existing name of a tag to add the verse to it, I admit however that there is plenty of room for enhancing this feature which I will work on inshallah.

QuranandScience wrote:
4. One Ayat can be added in many Bookmark names.

Again, that can be achieved by using the Tag feature alone, the bookmark feature is totally independent from the Tag feature, but again the two features can work together.

QuranandScience wrote:
Design changes:
1. Surah name , Surah number and Verse number , should be inside the Translation box. So that if I use copy to clipboard , it should copy with these numbers.

It is a bit hard, as if I select the current record to copy to the clipboard, all other fields will be copied as well, even the ones that are not displayed on the screen, I have changed it to work as such but I do not like it, so have a look as I believe it should be only selecting the displayed text, the user can simply type the verse and sura numbers in the file where pasting is designated,

QuranandScience wrote:
2. The left box with buttons beside each ayat , should be shiffted to right. because the starting of the screen is occupied by lot of buttons , which distracts while reading.

There is no place for these button but the left side unless I move the sura name, sura Id, verse Id, to the right as well, which will look odd, however I removed the bolding from the button captions to decrease their contrast as seen below:

I honestly think that it looks great, reading the Quran should be from a book anyway not from a computer screen, Access Quran is a tool to research the Quran, we can also use such space to add more buttons for more multiple translations for the same language or for many languages in the version that may have many languages.

I will take the chance and explain the button in this part of the Arabic Quran screen:

You can consider that this is the Actions to be taken per verse:

The buttons are:

1- Button # 1, is to view the related notes to this verse
2- Button # 2, is to copy this verse into the clipboard (I will need to change it back to only copy the text instead of the whole record as I explained earlier)
3- Button # 3, is to bookmark this verse
4- Button # 4, is to remove bookmark from this verse.
5- The other six buttons are self explained and are to view the corresponding English translation or all translations.

QuranandScience wrote:
3. Every Ayat is taking a lot of vertical space, this should be reduced. Each page has only 4 ayats, which is no good. It should have a min of 10 ayats.

Actually after changing the resolution, it only has 3 verse per page, this is because of the long verse, however I will consider some work to be done in here to fit as much as I can while keeping the font big for the old aged users, or for the users will eye sight problems

QuranandScience wrote:
4. When Any Ayat contains notes, the notes Icon should have a different colour. (There is no need of popping a question to tell that there are no notes). color is an indication to knowing that.

I will consider such idea, I have done something similar in another application, but it worked slightly different, I will let you know

QuranandScience wrote:
5. While reading ayats, if i want to read the next verse or nextpage. i would prefer using keyboard keys , instead of page buttons or scrollbar. page buttons and scrollbar should be there on each page , but for convenience, i want shortcuts.

There is navigation buttons at the bottom, however I will consider the keyboard keys, as well, duplicate the navigation buttons on the screen itself if I can make room for them

QuranandScience wrote:
Let me know, if you did not understand any of my comment.

Regards,
MAK

Here is the new beta version V1.1, please let me know of the new feedback:

http://www.free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV1_1.zip

Cheers

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Sun 25 Jan, 2009 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Posted:
Sun 25 Jan, 2009 12:58 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam Q&S

You can use the page down/up to navigate quickly between the pages, you can also use the tab or shift tab to achieve the same, and even you can use the arrow keys to navigate, this should fulfil the keyboard issue

Note, I have marked the buttons wrong in the above screen shots, they should be 1 to 10 (top/down , left/right), sorry, too much work, but I am sure you will know which button I was talking abouot

Cheers

Sun 25 Jan, 2009 1:17 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Good Morning Q&S

I have added two things that you asked for:

1) A notes flag, so the user know if any verse has notes or not before clicking the notes button

2) Highlight the search matching words withing the verses instead of highlighting the whole verse, that was a tough one, I added another routine to do so, i.e. it will first highlight the whole verse then highlight the word only withing the verse, it will work in both Arabic and English Quran

Searching the notes still does not make sense, any further info or elaboration please?

Here is Beta version 1.2:

http://free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV1_2.zip

Cheers

Sun 25 Jan, 2009 9:12 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Good Morning Q&S

I have added two things that you asked for:

1) A notes flag, so the user know if any verse has notes or not before clicking the notes button

2) Highlight the search matching words withing the verses instead of highlighting the whole verse, that was a tough one, I added another routine to do so, i.e. it will first highlight the whole verse then highlight the word only withing the verse, it will work in both Arabic and English Quran

Searching the notes still does not make sense, any further info or elaboration please?

Here is Beta version 1.2:

http://free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV1_2.zip

Cheers

Sorry Ahmed,

I am reading your posts, but i dint get time to check the new version.
Inshallah I will give feedback when i check it later.

I will explain about searching notes.
The way you made an option for searching a word in english translation , in the same way I want to search my notes in all the ayats. If its possible you can search translation and notes simultaneously , or if its two different also , its not a problem.

there should be one more option of searching ayats by verse numbers. Example.
When I give the search key as "1:7 5:6 2:28 144:1" this should give me 4 ayats as mentioned in the search key. And it should also work like this " 1:1-1:7 2:50-2:52" This search criteria should give 10 ayats as mentioned. you must have seen such option on many websites.

As I mentioned the Left box beside each ayat suites more on right, I agree with you , shifting the surah number and verse number to the right looks odd. It will be good to show the surah no and verse prefixed to the ayat. I understand that access has limitation to many things, this would be a good idea to implement it.

Instead of adding one button for each translators, why dont you add a dropdown and a Go Button. That will save a lot of space and it will be easier to upgrade with more translators.

I understood the bookmark and Tags feature you have created. Instead of adding 3 things "Add bookmark", "delete Bookmark" , "check box for bookmark" for each ayat. you should add only "Check box for bookmark" , which will add and delete as well as notifies about bookmark.

And I appreciate all your efforts you put in to make this application.

I will go through the latest version in detail, and will reply you when i am free.

Thanks & Regards,
MAK
Post Posted:
Mon 26 Jan, 2009 4:33 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hey Q&S

I just released a new version, these are the changes:

1) moved the buttons next to each verse to the right
2) made those buttons smaller
3) removed the various translations buttons and replaced with your idea of the drop down and a view button
4) added the sura # and the verse # to the verse text (all around)
5) increased the number of verses per page to 7
6) enhanced the Serach tag Module
7) cleaned Yusuf Ali Translation as hundreds of verses had silly characters at the start of each verse
8) added the About Access Quran screen
9) enahnced the splash screen

Please let me know what do you think, I believe it looks far better now

http://free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV1_4.zip

Cheers

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 11:07 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Hey Q&S

3) removed the various translations buttons and replaced with your idea of the drop down and a view button
7) cleaned Yusuf Ali Translation as hundreds of verses had silly characters at the start of each verse
Cool added the About Access Quran screen

Cheers

The file is corrupted, please upload it again.

Thanks for all your efforts , may allah give you the reward.

Regards,
mak
Post Posted:
Mon 26 Jan, 2009 12:32 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
Hey Q&S

Cool added the About Access Quran screen

Cheers

The file is corrupted, please upload it again.

Thanks for all your efforts , may allah give you the reward.

Regards,
mak

I had to replace it about 3 times in the last 5 minutes as I discovered a couple of bugs, possibly you were downloading it while I was replcaing it

try now

I also thought about an idea regarding notes search feature, I will discuss it with you after you look at version 1.4

cheers

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 12:35 pm
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Thanks Ahmed,

I have just review 1.4 version, Here are my comments. And I am really going to give you a hard time. But I am sure you are enjoying making this. I understand Its easy to comments on others work , than doing it.

Good comments:

1. Scroll bar is Awesome, it gives easy access to all the verse in one page..
2. Its very fast........ Wow.
3. Design look so good, i am loving it to read Quran from this application.
4. After all the limitation of Access , you have managed to do very complex tasks. I really appreciate that.
5. Good thing that you integrated drop down list with all the verse.
6. Translation search works perfect. It highlights the word correctly.
7. Filter with the word search awesome. Good thing we have two buttons "One to search" and the "Other to Filter". I liked it.
8. In my view , A user friendly software is a software which can be used without any help document. This software is userfriendly and we will make much more user friendly by doing some changes.
9. Tags works like my dream software. Good thing it clears the other search criteria when used.
10. Arabic word filter with "Arabic letters" awsome.
11. exporting works very nice and that is a need of such a great software
12.Please forgive me , if I missed to appreciate anything where you expected me to appriciate.

Changes to be done.

Comments on the Design

1. You need to work on the resolution issue, Its too small now. I say not to fix the size of the application , Just try to fix it in such a way that it takes the full resolution of the user system. You might have some limitations in Access , but this is a challenge for you.
2. When i am exiting from the software, Is there a need of a Warning message?. If not remove it, If yes put some cool message, Because the exit message looks like an Error to me.
3. Arabic letters mentioned on top looks good, But if we need to save space we can use dropdown for this features.
4. When I keep cursor on 'Copy to Clipboard" in english translation you get the hover saying "Copy Arabic verse"
5. Can Filter and clearfilter be one button.
6. When I open Access Quran in English, It opens the Arabic page first . i would suggest to open the Default Translator Last Used.

Some minor changes:

1. Each verse is prefixed with Surah and verse like (Sno-Vno) , it should be (Sno:Vno) .
Eg: 1-5 , 1:5 . the second one makes more scense. Anyways Thank for copying Surah and verse no inside the verse.
2. Default Drop Down value should be "All Translation"
3 Exporting is fine, but instead of exporting to TXT it should export to csv.

Comments regarding Notes

1. I personally dont like the popup for writing notes for 1st time.
2. Just Wondering , Is there any limit to the no of characters in the notes?
3. I am not comfortable with the size of the Editable Notes Box. I think it should increase with the size of text , or the default size should be Big. I might use few Big notes rather than many small notes.
4. you wanted to discuss something regarding searching notes.
5. Users will need a feature to export notes,tags from olderversion and to import notes ,tags to new version. This feature should allow me to import notes made by me and also import notes made by my friend from different file without a conflict, and without disturbing the current notes.
6. This above feature will also allows to share their notes on Quran on internet. I might download notes made by "Ahmed Bhagat" . And when I read the notes after importing, It should mention "AhmedBhagat notes".
To implement this we need not have a username for the application, I can use the file name for importing as "AhmedBhagat.abc' which is enough to mention "AhmedBhagatNotes".

Comments for Bookmark and Tags

1. I Recommend only one "CheckBox Button" for bookmark should be able to add and delete bookmarks. Currently Two buttons with one checkbox looks odd for bookmark.
2. Tags gives a popup mesage , when duplicate rows are inserted. just ignore this message and delete the duplicate ones
3. There is no need of "Bookmark All verse in the record set", Users will use Tag feature in this case.
but we need "Remove All Bookmark" , which is currently working fine.

Comments for ShortCuts keyboard Keys

1. Keyboard "Tab" is working as it should be. But the Arrow keys also work in the same way as Tab. It will be perfect
if "Down Arrow" goes to next verse. 'Up Arrow" to previous verse, "Right Arrow" to Next Surah , "Left Arrow" to Previous Surah.
2. Some more Keyboard Shortcuts.
"Cntl+F" should jump cursor to Search field.
When my cursor is in search box."Enter Key" Should process search. But currently it goes to next tab.
When my cursor is in verse box. "Enter Key" Should hit the "magnifying glass" to open the specific translation selected in Dropdown.
When my cursor is in verse box. "Cntl+B" should add and remove bookmark.
When my cursor is in verse box. "Cntl+N" should add notes.
When my cursor is in verse box. "Cntl+T" should hit Tag Button.
3. When I am writing notes for any verse, I want some keyboard shortcut.
"Cntl+S" to Save, "Esc to Exit , If unsaved Popup a message to save"

New Feature Addition.

1. When I give the search key as "1:7 5:6 2:28 144:1" this should give me 4 ayats as mentioned in the search key. And it should also work like this " 1:1-1:7 2:50-2:52" This search criteria should give 10 ayats as mentioned. you must have seen such option on many websites.
2. you will laugh at me when you read about these new feature.
Can we attach files to each verse. It can be a image , word or pdf.
3. Can we make notes with Advanced editing like Font , Bold , Colors, hyperlink, Allignment , size.
4. Instead of you adding New translators in new versions, You should give option to the user for importing new translators. Which automatically should make addition in the drop down.

Other Thoughts
I want to discuss this in private chat.

Regards,
MAK
Post Posted:
Tue 27 Jan, 2009 3:13 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Hi Ahmed,

These are some more addition to above comments.

You can do the following change to Design

Click for Design

1. Just observe the dropdown list of Translation in your 1.4 version. As soon as i Select Pickthall or any translator , immediately all the rows changes. That is good and it works perfectly.
2. In the same way When you select surah name, it should immediately change all the rows.
currently we had to press filter button. I want to skip pressing button for selection of surah.
3. In the same way when I select any tag, it should immediately change the rows.
currently we had to press filter button. I want to skip pressing button for selection of tags

4. Change all the arabic letters in Drop Down menu and keep beside the search box. This needs a Search as well as filter button as described in the image.
5. When i am using search , "Enter" key should be activate the Search button.

6. Observe "Find" and "Find next" works simmilar. so just keep only one button "Find Next".
The difference is that "Find" button searches from the beginning. If I dont have "Find" button. I will keep my cursor on first ayat and will click "Find Next".

7. 'Filter" and "Clear filter" should be only one button.
8. "Add bookmark to all record" button is not at all required. In this case Tagging is best option. But "Delete all bookmark is required".

Other comments.
1. delete all bookmarks button does not work as it should be.
It says to me , "Do you want to delete all the 17000 rows". where as there are only 6000 ayats.
The numbers get addedup, then next time it prompts for 25000 rows
2. When filtering by Surah , It should display English names on top. Currently it displays only arabic names of surahs.
3 . In arabic translation , (1-1) appears like )1-1( , It should appear like (1:1)

I have a question for you.

Do you really need two separate screens for arabic and english language? Just wanted to know the reason.
I think it is Left to Right , and Right to Left problem.We could have integrated Arabic in the dropdown list and have only one screen?. What do you say.

Regards,
Mak
Post Posted:
Tue 27 Jan, 2009 6:47 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Thanks Ahmed,

I have just review 1.4 version, Here are my comments. And I am really going to give you a hard time. But I am sure you are enjoying making this. I understand Its easy to comments on others work , than doing it.

No worries mate

QuranandScience wrote:

Good comments:

1. Scroll bar is Awesome, it gives easy access to all the verse in one page..

he scroll bar must be there

QuranandScience wrote:
2. Its very fast........ Wow.

That is due to the sustem analysis I did before I started,, there are about 10 tables in the DB, however all the translations and Arabic text are in one table

QuranandScience wrote:
3. Design look so good, i am loving it to read Quran from this application.

Indeed, I think this will be the only tool that I will use, see, I was searching an online web site when I need to find arabic words in the Quran, however when that site is offline, I am really stuck. Not any more now with Access Quran

QuranandScience wrote:
4. After all the limitation of Access , you have managed to do very complex tasks. I really appreciate that.

Access limitations never stopped me from doing what I want to do with programming, very rare that I could not achieve what is required

QuranandScience wrote:
5. Good thing that you integrated drop down list with all the verse.

you mean all the Arabic words?

QuranandScience wrote:
6. Translation search works perfect. It highlights the word correctly.

This needed a trcik btw

QuranandScience wrote:
7. Filter with the word search awesome. Good thing we have two buttons "One to search" and the "Other to Filter". I liked it.

Yeh man, either to jump from verse to another while looking at all verses, or only isolate the verses with the word you want, still after filtering you may use the search feature to jump within the filtered recordset

QuranandScience wrote:
8. In my view , A user friendly software is a software which can be used without any help document. This software is userfriendly and we will make much more user friendly by doing some changes.

That is my attitude when I create my programs, I never needed to create a manual, the flow of the data is just obvious, will make more friendly inshaallah

QuranandScience wrote:
9. Tags works like my dream software. Good thing it clears the other search criteria when used.

That is if you asked it to do so, it can also add the verses to an existing tag, I have also finisged the Manage Tags module, it's cool, I will release soon

QuranandScience wrote:
10. Arabic word filter with "Arabic letters" awsome.

I like it too, the controlbox with all the 28 letters is needed, as the drop down with the words can't cope with over 18,000 records in it, so a way of filtering the records by letter was required for seemless and easy use of suhc fearure

QuranandScience wrote:
11. exporting works very nice and that is a need of such a great software

Cool, however when I tried to export as CSV, some Arabiic characters appeared as question marks, so it had to stick with TXT

QuranandScience wrote:
12.Please forgive me , if I missed to appreciate anything where you expected me to appriciate.

Cetainly there is far more intellgence behind the scene, the more you use Access Quran, the more you will disciver them.

QuranandScience wrote:
Changes to be done.

Comments on the Design

1. You need to work on the resolution issue, Its too small now. I say not to fix the size of the application , Just try to fix it in such a way that it takes the full resolution of the user system. You might have some limitations in Access , but this is a challenge for you.

That is tough, I cannot change the resolution of any machine using code, as well I need to accomdate those who uses low resolution, the program is designed to suit 1024x768, under this resolution the program will look cool, the higher the resolution the smaller the program will look, but it still looks nice, I am using a resolution that is 2 level up than 1024x768 and it looks great

QuranandScience wrote:
2. When i am exiting from the software, Is there a need of a Warning message?. If not remove it, If yes put some cool message, Because the exit message looks like an Error to me.

I need the message so the user can not exit by mistake, can you suggest a message?

QuranandScience wrote:
3. Arabic letters mentioned on top looks good, But if we need to save space we can use dropdown for this features.

Drop down will require more clicks, with this feature, it is amtter of one click, the least anyone may have

QuranandScience wrote:
4. When I keep cursor on 'Copy to Clipboard" in english translation you get the hover saying "Copy Arabic verse"

Fixed

It now shows either Arabic or English depends on the current recordset, as you know that the English Quran screen starts on Arabic because the user yet to chose which trannslation, at this time the hover will say copy Arabic verse, then when any translation is viewed, the hover will change to say copy English verse

QuranandScience wrote:
5. Can Filter and clearfilter be one button.

Yes, and I consider this to be a good idea, will implement soon

QuranandScience wrote:
6. When I open Access Quran in English, It opens the Arabic page first . i would suggest to open the Default Translator Last Used.

If I will ever do that, then it is going to be Free Islam translation, however I cannot be boldly bias to my own, I really like it that way as the Arabic words are always the original, so you can consider the English Quran screen is for both Arabic and English speakers

QuranandScience wrote:
Some minor changes:

1. Each verse is prefixed with Surah and verse like (Sno-Vno) , it should be (Sno:Vno) .
Eg: 1-5 , 1:5 . the second one makes more scense. Anyways Thank for copying Surah and verse no inside the verse.

fixed, however I found that by adding english text to arabic text using '&', it stuff up sometimes, but I can help that

QuranandScience wrote:
2. Default Drop Down value should be "All Translation"

done

QuranandScience wrote:
3 Exporting is fine, but instead of exporting to TXT it should export to csv.

I tried, but some Arabic letters appeared as ? in the exported file, therefore, it cannot be, at least for now, it works like a charm under TXT and from that they can import it under whatever format.

QuranandScience wrote:
Comments regarding Notes

1. I personally dont like the popup for writing notes for 1st time.

I can prevent that by just opening the notes form in add mode instead of viewing the message first.

QuranandScience wrote:
2. Just Wondering , Is there any limit to the no of characters in the notes?

No, it is a memo field

QuranandScience wrote:
3. I am not comfortable with the size of the Editable Notes Box. I think it should increase with the size of text , or the default size should be Big. I might use few Big notes rather than many small notes.

I will look into that, can you suggest a size?

QuranandScience wrote:
4. you wanted to discuss something regarding searching notes.

as you can see, when we search the cursor jumps from one verse to another, how this can happen to the notes while the notes are not displayed from the first place, what I may do is add a search notes button to the main menu, and from there we can search the notes, what do you think?

QuranandScience wrote:
5. Users will need a feature to export notes,tags from olderversion and to import notes ,tags to new version. This feature should allow me to import notes made by me and also import notes made by my friend from different file without a conflict, and without disturbing the current notes.

I have fisnished the restore feature, which over writes the notes and the tags tables, however with the bookmarks it only update current data without replacing it, on the other hand I will look at adding the feature of importing the notes and tags of another user to be combined with extisting user, it sounds cool

QuranandScience wrote:
6. This above feature will also allows to share their notes on Quran on internet. I might download notes made by "Ahmed Bhagat" . And when I read the notes after importing, It should mention "AhmedBhagat notes".

Sure, you are right, we need the user name with each note in that case, I will look into it today inshallah

To implement this we need not have a username for the application, I can use the file name for importing as "AhmedBhagat.abc' which is enough to mention "AhmedBhagatNotes".

QuranandScience wrote:
Comments for Bookmark and Tags

1. I Recommend only one "CheckBox Button" for bookmark should be able to add and delete bookmarks. Currently Two buttons with one checkbox looks odd for bookmark.

I do not understand, can you elaborate?

QuranandScience wrote:
2. Tags gives a popup mesage , when duplicate rows are inserted. just ignore this message and delete the duplicate ones

I think the message is good as it allows adding to the exiting tag.

QuranandScience wrote:
3. There is no need of "Bookmark All verse in the record set", Users will use Tag feature in this case.
but we need "Remove All Bookmark" , which is currently working fine.

Sure, but the bookmarks can work as a temp pool for a big tag, I like the two working together actually.

QuranandScience wrote:
Comments for ShortCuts keyboard Keys

1. Keyboard "Tab" is working as it should be. But the Arrow keys also work in the same way as Tab. It will be perfect

They do as far as i believe

QuranandScience wrote:
if "Down Arrow" goes to next verse. 'Up Arrow" to previous verse, "Right Arrow" to Next Surah , "Left Arrow" to Previous Surah.

we don't need that as I have added the sura navigation bar at the top, it is really cool, you can jump from one sura to another, this will be in version 1.5 which I will release at the end of this comment

QuranandScience wrote:
2. Some more Keyboard Shortcuts.
"Cntl+F" should jump cursor to Search field.
When my cursor is in search box."Enter Key" Should process search. But currently it goes to next tab.
When my cursor is in verse box. "Enter Key" Should hit the "magnifying glass" to open the specific translation selected in Dropdown.
When my cursor is in verse box. "Cntl+B" should add and remove bookmark.
When my cursor is in verse box. "Cntl+N" should add notes.
When my cursor is in verse box. "Cntl+T" should hit Tag Button.

I will look into that

QuranandScience wrote:
3. When I am writing notes for any verse, I want some keyboard shortcut.
"Cntl+S" to Save, "Esc to Exit , If unsaved Popup a message to save"

I can do that if I replcae the TOOLBAR of the notes, the three buttons on the top right corner, I will look into it

QuranandScience wrote:

New Feature Addition.

1. When I give the search key as "1:7 5:6 2:28 144:1" this should give me 4 ayats as mentioned in the search key. And it should also work like this " 1:1-1:7 2:50-2:52" This search criteria should give 10 ayats as mentioned. you must have seen such option on many websites.

I will consider such feature, a lot of work though

QuranandScience wrote:
2. you will laugh at me when you read about these new feature.
Can we attach files to each verse. It can be a image , word or pdf.

Yes we can, I will only store the path to the file in the tables, however it will be the user resposibility to maintain such directory

QuranandScience wrote:
3. Can we make notes with Advanced editing like Font , Bold , Colors, hyperlink, Allignment , size.

Impossible, because Access treats the whole field as one object that can only have one font color , etc etc, that is one hell of a limitation in Access

QuranandScience wrote:
4. Instead of you adding New translators in new versions, You should give option to the user for importing new translators. Which automatically should make addition in the drop down.

I can do that but will require huge changes to the program, possibly in a year or two

QuranandScience wrote:
Other Thoughts
I want to discuss this in private chat.

Regards,
MAK

Sure, I will read your pm and reply accordingly

here is my lates release v 1.5

the new features are:

1) The Restore module is finished
2) The Manage Ttags module is finsihed
3) I added navigation bar to the suras

http://free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV1_5.zip

Take care

Tue 27 Jan, 2009 7:56 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:

That is tough, I cannot change the resolution of any machine using code, as well I need to accomdate those who uses low resolution, the program is designed to suit 1024x768, under this resolution the program will look cool, the higher the resolution the smaller the program will look, but it still looks nice, I am using a resolution that is 2 level up than 1024x768 and it looks great

I agree it looks great, is there any way to identify current User resolution and then resizing the application dynamically. If its possible , i would search a solution on google to find the user resolution.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

I need the message so the user can not exit by mistake, can you suggest a message?

I dont have problem with the message , I just dont want the (Big Red X), which is generally used for Errors. Replace with something else.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

QuranandScience wrote:

Drop down will require more clicks, with this feature, it is amtter of one click, the least anyone may have

I agree reducing no of clicks is also good user interface, but increasing no of buttons for reducing one click is not so userfriendly. If there is a way to reduce clicks as well as buttons that will be fine. I dint like the idea that we need 28 buttons to reduce one click.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

If I will ever do that, then it is going to be Free Islam translation, however I cannot be boldly bias to my own, I really like it that way as the Arabic words are always the original, so you can consider the English Quran screen is for both Arabic and English speakers

Keeping arabic language the default one is not a bad idea, But I think keeping the last used translation on first screen will also not be a bad idea. why dont we give this option to the user in "management or Options" to select the default translation.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

I will look into that, can you suggest a size?

Make the size of Notes Box 3 times of the current size.
But I still get the popup message to add new notes. I dint get you , how to remove it.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

as you can see, when we search the cursor jumps from one verse to another, how this can happen to the notes while the notes are not displayed from the first place, what I may do is add a search notes button to the main menu, and from there we can search the notes, what do you think?

searching notes is a problem , what if you add "personal Notes" in the Translations drop down list on top. so that Search function will work . What do you think?

AhmedBahgat wrote:

I do not understand, can you elaborate?

Check the right side of each verse. There are two button , one for adding bookmark and the other for deleting. I just want only one button which does both the work. Did you get me? and in the same case for ApplyFilter and ClearFilter. One Button is enough.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

I think the message is good as it allows adding to the exiting tag.

if I am adding few verses in an already created Tag, By default it should add the verse in the tag. It should not ask for replacing (yes or no)

AhmedBahgat wrote:

we don't need that as I have added the sura navigation bar at the top, it is really cool, you can jump from one sura to another, this will be in version 1.5 which I will release at the end of this comment

I saw your surah navigation bar at top, which i dint find as cool as you mentioned.
The reason why i suggested arrow keys for navigating surah and verse is that, people who are reading a long page in a flow will be more comfortable using arrow keys. I just wanted to avoid the mouse click to scroll to the next verse. You might like to use mouse more than keyboard. But I love using keyboard more than a mouse. you can have our both ideas implemented.
My suggestion was "Down Arrow" goes to next verse. 'Up Arrow" to previous verse, "Right Arrow" to Next Surah , "Left Arrow" to Previous Surah.

Thanks for releasing V1.5.

Also read my comments on the design , which you might have missed reading. or you might have thought to reply later.

Take Care.
Post Posted:
Tue 27 Jan, 2009 4:44 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hey Q&S

I have released v 1.6, in this version:

1) Usern name is added to the notes, the user will be forced to enter a user name once only when they start Access Quran

2) removed the bookmarks buttons next to each record, the user now need to just tick the tick box or unticked to bookmark or else

3) i modified the the restore feature to allow merging or restoring data from another version

4) added the arrow key navigations as you requested

5) now when you double click any Arabic word under "Arabic Quran", Access Quran will apply filter for such word

6) added a shortcut keyboard to all other buttons, you may know the shortcut key by hovering over the button

7) notes now won't show that message of no notes found

8) the quit message is more user friendly now

here is the file:

http://free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV1_6.zip

cheers

Tue 27 Jan, 2009 8:11 pm
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Hey Q&S

I have released v 1.6, in this version:

1) Usern name is added to the notes, the user will be forced to enter a user name once only when they start Access Quran

thats fine.
AhmedBahgat wrote:

2) removed the bookmarks buttons next to each record, the user now need to just tick the tick box or unticked to bookmark or else

I liked the bookmark button. ideally bookmark should work like this.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

3) i modified the the restore feature to allow merging or restoring data from another version

Feature is good, But when i am importing from the old file. it is forcing me to keep the oldfile name as accessquran.mde , it does not take accessquran_old.mde.

The import screen here is very nice. we should make a second screen which appears after clicking restore.
This screen should contain options like this.

-Notes (All)
---Ahmed
---Q&S

-Tags (All)
----Tag1
----Tag2
----Tag3

This will allow user to import all the notes , or only notes made by Ahmed. And All the tags or only few tags.

Here if I already have a tag name "Ramzan" and I am importing from the old file "Ramzan". Here it should ask a Question to "Replace or Merge"this perticular tag.

And one more thing , why do we need the old file to import the notes and tags. Why can we export from the old file to some xml or csv format, and I can mail you my notes and tags , so that you can import it. What do you say?

AhmedBahgat wrote:

4) added the arrow key navigations as you requested

This is amazing , i will never use my mouse again. It works great .

AhmedBahgat wrote:

5) now when you double click any Arabic word under "Arabic Quran", Access Quran will apply filter for such word

works great.... I think this is the most complex thing you have done it. First collecting all the arabic words , then using search for them.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

6) added a shortcut keyboard to all other buttons, you may know the shortcut key by hovering over the button

I have some issues here, i will mention this in my next post. The shortcut keys dont react like the first time user would expect. I will elaborate this later.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

7) notes now won't show that message of no notes found

AhmedBahgat wrote:

Cool the quit message is more user friendly now

cool

AhmedBahgat wrote:

here is the file:

http://free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV1_6.zip

cheers

Great , thanks.

Hey Just wondering , if you missed this comment ... so i am sending it again.
Post Posted:
Wed 28 Jan, 2009 4:35 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

I am reposting one of my message, you might have missed commenting it.
By the way did you get my personal message?

-----

You can do the following change to Design

Click for Design

1. Just observe the dropdown list of Translation in your 1.4 version. As soon as i Select Pickthall or any translator , immediately all the rows changes. That is good and it works perfectly.
2. In the same way When you select surah name, it should immediately change all the rows.
currently we had to press filter button. I want to skip pressing button for selection of surah.
3. In the same way when I select any tag, it should immediately change the rows.
currently we had to press filter button. I want to skip pressing button for selection of tags

4. Change all the arabic letters in Drop Down menu and keep beside the search box. This needs a Search as well as filter button as described in the image.
5. When i am using search , "Enter" key should be activate the Search button.

6. Observe "Find" and "Find next" works simmilar. so just keep only one button "Find Next".
The difference is that "Find" button searches from the beginning. If I dont have "Find" button. I will keep my cursor on first ayat and will click "Find Next".

7. 'Filter" and "Clear filter" should be only one button.

Other comments.
2. When filtering by Surah , It should display English names on top. Currently it displays only arabic names of surahs.
3 . In arabic translation , (1:1) appears like )1:1( , It should appear like (1:1)

I have a question for you.

Do you really need two separate screens for arabic and english language? Just wanted to know the reason.
I think it is Left to Right , and Right to Left problem.We could have integrated Arabic in the dropdown list and have only one screen?. What do you say.

Regards,
Mak
Post Posted:
Wed 28 Jan, 2009 4:41 am