You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Need a software like this
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Need a software like this

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Post subject: Reply with quote  

On the main menu , there should be some button for Options.

Which should have the following options.

1. Custom Resolution (Options: 1024*768 , 800*640..etc)
2. Default translators.
3. Username
4. Arabic Font size
5. English Font size

And also , when i am viewing All the translations on one screen, the order of the translation should not be biased, it should be sorted alphabetically. 1. Free-islam 2.Pickthal 3. Shakir 4. transliteration 5. yousufali

Manage Tag module , works great . But what is the use of that Magnifing glass in this module?. You need to change the hover messages in Manage Tags.
Post Posted:
Wed 28 Jan, 2009 6:07 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
I am reposting one of my message, you might have missed commenting it.
By the way did you get my personal message?

-----

You can do the following change to Design

Click for Design

Hello mate

I am not so sure about the above design changes, however the program will keep changing as I keep working on it

QuranandScience wrote:
1. Just observe the dropdown list of Translation in your 1.4 version. As soon as i Select Pickthall or any translator , immediately all the rows changes. That is good and it works perfectly.

cool

QuranandScience wrote:
2. In the same way When you select surah name, it should immediately change all the rows.

I may add that in the next version

QuranandScience wrote:
currently we had to press filter button. I want to skip pressing button for selection of surah.

Sure

QuranandScience wrote:
3. In the same way when I select any tag, it should immediately change the rows.
currently we had to press filter button. I want to skip pressing button for selection of tags

sure, will add that too

QuranandScience wrote:
4. Change all the arabic letters in Drop Down menu and keep beside the search box. This needs a Search as well as filter button as described in the image.
5. When i am using search , "Enter" key should be activate the Search button.

more elaboration please

QuranandScience wrote:
6. Observe "Find" and "Find next" works simmilar. so just keep only one button "Find Next".
The difference is that "Find" button searches from the beginning. If I dont have "Find" button. I will keep my cursor on first ayat and will click "Find Next".

But I wanted a meann of jumping back to the start of the search and search again, the only way for that is to have the Find First button

QuranandScience wrote:

7. 'Filter" and "Clear filter" should be only one button.

I wanted to do that, however I faced a problem of changing the button image, as these images are stored as binary images within acvcess files, which I could not locate, however I came up with a solution that is lengthy and need more time to do it, it should work as you want it

QuranandScience wrote:
Other comments.
2. When filtering by Surah , It should display English names on top. Currently it displays only arabic names of surahs.

It does not

QuranandScience wrote:
3 . In arabic translation , (1:1) appears like )1:1( , It should appear like (1:1)

I had an issue with inserting those english numbers within arabic text, however I think I did something to fix the problem, it does not exist on my machine, please test again under version 1.6

QuranandScience wrote:
I have a question for you.

Do you really need two separate screens for arabic and english language? Just wanted to know the reason.
I think it is Left to Right , and Right to Left problem.We could have integrated Arabic in the dropdown list and have only one screen?. What do you say.

Regards,
Mak

I actually need both, while there are many similarties, each screen has vital changes to the other, I can combine them but there will be a lot of work invloved, so I will skip it for the time being and look for it in furure overhaul

I still need to reply to your PM btw, as I have a program that I must finish before the 5th of Feb, so I may have a break for a few days while not working on Access Quran

Cheers

cheers

Wed 28 Jan, 2009 7:19 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
On the main menu , there should be some button for Options.

Which should have the following options.

1. Custom Resolution (Options: 1024*768 , 800*640..etc)
2. Default translators.
3. Username
4. Arabic Font size
5. English Font size

Good idea, will implement in the next version

QuranandScience wrote:
And also , when i am viewing All the translations on one screen, the order of the translation should not be biased, it should be sorted alphabetically. 1. Free-islam 2.Pickthal 3. Shakir 4. transliteration 5. yousufali

Sure, I only put Free Islam translation on top as it is empty still, but will do it alphabitical order inshallah, you know what, I can call my translation "Ahmed Bahgat:, which should make it all the way to the top, however i do not want to accociate a human name to my English translation, it is like using the Quran to promote such human which I reject.

QuranandScience wrote:
Manage Tag module , works great . But what is the use of that Magnifing glass in this module?. You need to change the hover messages in Manage Tags.

Sure. For the magnifying glass button, it is not working yet, but it should view the verse next to it

Take care

Wed 28 Jan, 2009 7:23 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
4. Change all the arabic letters in Drop Down menu and keep beside the search box. This needs a Search as well as filter button as described in the image.
more elaboration please

Go to the search field, enter a search criteria and then press "Enter" key in your keyboard.
This sould search the translation. When you do a google search , after typing the search criteria, what do you do. Do you Mouse click "Google search" or you press "Enter". I press "Enter"

I was wondering , if you remove all the 28 Arabic buttons and dropdown button beside the search field, that will reduce lot of space. The moment i see all the 28 buttons , It appears to me that it is used for on-screen keyboard. But these buttons dont work like that. so I suggested to keep them in dropdown.

AhmedBahgat wrote:

But I wanted a meann of jumping back to the start of the search and search again, the only way for that is to have the Find First button

This comment is regarding the two Buttons "Find" and "Find Next".
Open a notepad in your windows machine, and type thing into it and press "Cntl+F". Then see what buttons you find. You will find only "Find Next" , you wont see "Find". Do you know why, because two many button confuses the user.

AhmedBahgat wrote:
I had an issue with inserting those english numbers within arabic text, however I think I did something to fix the problem, it does not exist on my machine, please test again under version 1.6

cheers

In V1.6 I tested. it still shows )1:1(. I think this problem is due to right to left allignment. Why dont you enter it in reverse so that it will show in correct way. Try to hardcode )x:y( , I think this will show in reverse (x:y).

Importing notes Feature is good, But when i am importing from the old file. it is forcing me to keep the oldfile name as accessquran.mde , it does not take accessquran_old.mde.

The import screen here is very nice. we should make a second screen which appears after clicking restore.
This screen should contain options like this.

-Notes (All)
---Ahmed
---Q&S

-Tags (All)
----Tag1
----Tag2
----Tag3

This will allow user to import all the notes , or only notes made by Ahmed. And All the tags or only few tags.

Here if I already have a tag name "Ramzan" and I am importing from the old file "Ramzan". Here it should ask a Question to "Replace or Merge"this perticular tag.

And one more thing , why do we need the old file to import the notes and tags. Why cant we export from the old file to some xml or csv format, and I can mail you my notes and tags , so that you can import it. What do you say?

Last edited by QuranandScience on Wed 28 Jan, 2009 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Posted:
Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:09 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
more elaboration please

Go to the search field, enter a search criteria and then press "Enter" key in your keyboard.
This sould search the translation. When you do a google search , after typing the search criteria, what do you do. Do you Mouse click "Google search" or you press "Enter". I press "Enter"

Ok, I will look into that, however you should know that we are talking a Windows 32 bit desktop application, not a web application

QuranandScience wrote:
I was wondering , if you remove all the 28 Arabic buttons and add the button beside the search field, that will reduce lot of space. The moment i see all the 28 buttons , It appears to me that it is used for on-screen keyboard. But these buttons dont work like that. so I suggested to keep them in dropdown.

I will look into that but only on the English Quran screen, and if what I added in the space that will be vaiable is good, then I will implement in the Arabic Quran screen

AhmedBahgat wrote:

QuranandScience wrote:
This comment is regarding the two Buttons "Find" and "Find Next".
Open a notepad in your windows machine, and type thing into it and press "Cntl+F". Then see what buttons you find. You will find only "Find Next" , you wont see "Find". Do you know why, because two many button confuses the user.

I may look into it to find a better way to minimize the user confusion, I am not sure how I use the CTRL instead of ALT button yet, but I will look into it later inshallah

AhmedBahgat wrote:

cheers

QuranandScience wrote:

In V1.6 I tested. it still shows )1:1(. I think this problem is due to right to left allignment. Why dont you enter it in reverse so that it will show in correct way. Try to hardcode )x:y( , I think this will show in reverse (x:y).

I never had this problem even from version 1, what I did was simply trying to fix your problem without stuffing how it runs on my machine, one goon from FFI also ran it and he claimed to be running well, however I will try your idea of backward writing it, if it does not stuff the way I see it on my machine and many others then I will implement it, can you confirm for me what code pages you have installed on your machine, this is under the adavnced regional settings tab under control panel

I have Arabic Egypt

if the problem presist then I may look into adding the numbers in Arabic and not in English, to the Arabic text, I believe this should certainly fix the problem of combining two texts, one is alligned right and one is aligned left.

QuranandScience wrote:
Importing notes Feature is good, But when i am importing from the old file. it is forcing me to keep the oldfile name as accessquran.mde , it does not take accessquran_old.mde.

I will modify that to accept any name with extention .mde

QuranandScience wrote:
The import screen here is very nice. we should make a second screen which appears after clicking restore.
This screen should contain options like this.

-Notes (All)
---Ahmed
---Q&S

-Tags (All)
----Tag1
----Tag2
----Tag3

This will allow user to import all the notes , or only notes made by Ahmed. And All the tags or only few tags.

Here if I already have a tag name "Ramzan" and I am importing from the old file "Ramzan". Here it should ask a Question to "Replace or Merge"this perticular tag.

I will look into that

QuranandScience wrote:
And one more thing , why do we need the old file to import the notes and tags. Why cant we export from the old file to some xml or csv format, and I can mail you my notes and tags , so that you can import it. What do you say?

I will consider that too

cheers

Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:23 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

i did not install any arabic language on my system. And i dint find any arabic language in my Regional settings control pannel.
Post Posted:
Wed 28 Jan, 2009 1:37 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
i did not install any arabic language on my system. And i dint find any arabic language in my Regional settings control pannel.

under regional sett8ings control panel, select the middle tab at the top "Languages", then you must tick the box at the top related to labguages that are right to left, I have this box ticked and disabled, I can not untick it, is the same with you?

Wed 28 Jan, 2009 2:12 pm
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
QuranandScience wrote:

under regional sett8ings control panel, select the middle tab at the top "Languages", then you must tick the box at the top related to labguages that are right to left, I have this box ticked and disabled, I can not untick it, is the same with you?

I just verified the option you said on two systems. On both of them the option is "Untick". When I tick this option , it prompt me to insert the Windows CD to install something. But I canceled it and dint installed that.
Post Posted:
Thu 29 Jan, 2009 2:27 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
QuranandScience wrote:

I just verified the option you said on two systems. On both of them the option is "Untick". When I tick this option , it prompt me to insert the Windows CD to install something. But I canceled it and dint installed that.

You need this option ticked to support languages that are right to left

cheers

Thu 29 Jan, 2009 7:33 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

what did you decide about searching of notes. If its too complicated , we can add the "Notes" in the dropdown of translation. When we select "Notes" in this list , it can show all the notes of all ayats.

Even if this becomes complicated , we can always create a new screen on the main menu to search notes and manage them.

Also allow users to search multiple ayats through number (1:5-7 2:3-56) . This is very much required.

I think you are buzy. I will wait for your next release.

Thanks for everything you have done.
Post Posted:
Thu 29 Jan, 2009 9:24 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Hi Ahmed,

I was looking for a Word to Word translation of Quran , to include in our software. I tried searching but i could not find any word to word translation in formats other than pdf.

Do you have any idea, where can we get word to word translation of quran , so that it can be able to added in our software?

Regards,
MAk
Post Posted:
Sat 31 Jan, 2009 1:01 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Hi Ahmed,

I was looking for a Word to Word translation of Quran , to include in our software. I tried searching but i could not find any word to word translation in formats other than pdf.

Do you have any idea, where can we get word to word translation of quran , so that it can be able to added in our software?

Regards,
MAk

Hello Q&S

I have no idea, however I have added a trcuk load of features to Access Quran, one of the new fearures is to browse the Quran word for word, Arabic words of course, so we can use such module to add the translation for each Arabic word, over 78,000 words btw

I will release the new version today

Take care

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 7:28 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
what did you decide about searching of notes. If its too complicated , we can add the "Notes" in the dropdown of translation. When we select "Notes" in this list , it can show all the notes of all ayats.

i have added a notes search to the Main Menu

QuranandScience wrote:

Even if this becomes complicated , we can always create a new screen on the main menu to search notes and manage them.

that is what happened

QuranandScience wrote:

Also allow users to search multiple ayats through number (1:5-7 2:3-56) . This is very much required.

i have added a feature to select veres, or a range of verses

QuranandScience wrote:

I think you are buzy. I will wait for your next release.

Thanks for everything you have done.

i am indeed, take care

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 7:30 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Hurray,

I successfully configured openburhan database on my computer. I have extracted the word to word translation through it.

Now I can extract any data from openburhan database. Download Literal translation

let me know what you need from this database and in what format.

I have a very good reporting tool, with easy i can export and import data into excel files.

Regards,
MAK
Post Posted:
Sat 31 Jan, 2009 12:05 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam Q&S

Today I am going to release the first official version of Access Quran, Version 2.0

Here is all the extra work I have added:

1) Added more options to the main menu:

As you can see I have add more features, some new features have no data yet, but will be added in newer versions inshaallah, the new features are:

a- Manage Notes:

With this module, you can view all notes, search them, as well add, edit delete, exitsing ones, you can also view the verse (All Translations) related to each note.

The search engine is similar to Arabic Quran search engine, you may type a word or a sentence in English then keep jumping through your notes as the word/semtence is found.

You can also double click any word and AccessQuran will trigger the search engine to search for the word that you double clicked,

b- Export/Import:

A straight forward module to ecport/import other notes, tags and bookmarks, I am still sticking to the TXT files as this is the most reliable format available.

In this module, if you choose to export, then you must browse for the folder where the file will be exported, as well you must enter the file name you want. However if you choose to import, then you need to only browse for the file.

c- Quran Refutes:

Thumbnail, click to enlarge.

This a module that I want to include with Access Quran, in there I will let the Quran reply to all the crap spewed by the enemy of the Quran, of course it will be in a scholarly style and not my normal style, as you can see I added one sample called Refute 1, and when selected or double clicked an access report will open with the refute, it will be formatted with my style and only Free-Islam translation will be used, therefore the data in there will not be added or I should say, will be added gradually as I progress with Free Islam translation. The objective of this feature is to make those who want to study the Quran, familiar with itss way if refuting its enemy, No hadith or similar crap, just Quran, scientific and logical facts.

d- Options:

This the module you asked for, very handy and works great, I liked the idea, however there will be no way to control the resolution, the program is most suited for 1024x768, or higher, anything lower than 1024x768, for example 800x600, will be very odd indeed, however 800x600 should be dead by now, the min should be 1024x768, I use two levels up than such one.

I also added the color picker palette to select the desired colors from

There is a min/max size for the fonts, 8 ?????????????????????¢?? 20 points (the spin buttons)

You can also load Access Quran defaults.

----------------

I have also modified both the Arabic Quran and English Quran screens:

1) Arabic Quran screen:

The top section layout has totally changed; here is a list of the changes:

a- made all font sizes smaller and removed bolding
b- removed the control box for the Arabic letters and replaced with a drop down as you suggested, the drop down is next to the key search word drop down
c- added two new features:

i- New criteria control box to allowed for selecting individual verses or a range of verses (one or the other), the control box however is idiot proof, this is how it looks like:

simpley, from SuraID:VerseID to SuraID:VerseID, if you want to add one verse, then leave either the From or the To (SuraId and VerseID) blank and AccessQuran will recoginse it as one verse regardless where you type it (From or To), the spin buttons are smart ones, for example the SuraID spin buttons in both From and To fields, are dependant on the SuraID and VerseID in both From and To fields respectively, i.e. the spin button range for the VerseID will only allow range that is valid for each selected sura

After you specify the verses, you add them using the top button to the left of the small list in there, as seen below:

You can then apply the filter using button below the add button, you can also remove the filter, or delete the whole selected verses from the Temp list by using the other two button respectively, if you desire to delete one verse from the list, then double click the verse within the list and it will be removed, the blue box to the left of the List is the total number of verses currently in the list.

ii- the second feature is nice, the button to activate it is the small button to the right of the Arabic search key word, as seen below:

When that button is pressed, the following screen will appear:

In that screen you can see that I have listed the Quran Arabic words, word by word as they appeared in the suras, you can see that it has 78,245 words, I have also given the word order, you can also filter for any word by using the tools found in the top section of this screen,, for example, the following:

Shows three occurrences of the Arabic word حَاجَةً , which appeared 3 times in the Quran, as shown above, you may also view each verse (All Tanslation) and the word will also be highlighted in the Arabic text. Instead if choosing the word form the top drop down, you may also double click any word form all word listed in the recordset.

The other small two buttons to the left of the Arabic letter drop down are used to control the way the Arabic words appear in the words filter drop down, i.e. you may view the Arabic words in alphabetical order, or you may view them as they appeared in the Quran word by word

The last drop down on the left is used to jump to the first word in the select sura, for example, the following image shows that the first word in sura no 21 is 41,716:

BTW, the above means that I have finished 41,715 Quran words in Free Islam translation, i.e. 41,715 /78,245 = 53.3 % of the Quran so far. Possibly I will add the literal English meaning for each word in the future

The problem with the above nice module is the diacritical marks, as with different marks, the word will be considered different in searching, which is totally wrong, so what I have planned to do is simply hire my daughter to copy the 6236 Arabic verses without the marks into a table which I will import into Access Quran and make the search either with the diacritical marks or without, of course without should be the accurate one, my daughter started today, and I have negotiated a price of 100 bucks when she finishes.

1) English Quran screen:

Same as Arabic Quran screen, I have added the select range control box, I have also add the double click feature of any word to filter for such word, it is again another smart module to recognize the English word even if other characters are attached to the word according to each English translation, for example, the following screen:

Shows the word ?????????????????????¢??Worlds?????????????????????¢??????????????????????, with a dot attached to it, (at the end of the verse), yet when double clicked, the dot won?????????????????????¢??t be included in the filter criteria, this will work with many other characters, like - , ( ) ; : etc and regardless the character is before or after the word.

In addition to the above I have enhanced the program all around, for example I added a Main Menu button on the top Access Quran Toolbar as seen below:

This button will allow to open the Main Menu, just incase a silly user uses the Close option found under the File Menubar as seen below:

I will not be working on it for some time but you may continue your feedback, in next version, there should have more data and more fearures if merited inshallah.

Here is the new version 2.0:

http://free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV2_0.zip

Salam

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:58 pm