You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Need a software like this
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Need a software like this

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Thanks Ahmed,

I will use only this tool from now, and also i will recommend all my friends to use this tool.

Thanks for all your efforts. I will collect all my feedback and will send you after some time.

Regards,
MAK
Post Posted:
Sun 01 Feb, 2009 3:41 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Hi Ahmed,

There are some major bugs , you need to resolve it before officially releasing

Bugs
1. In Notes search module, Search does not work. because the search field is not editable.
2. Dates are editable in Notes search module.
3. Exporting option exports files in "My Documents" not in the specified path.
4. Mouse hover messages in Manage tags module is wrong . "it says go to last surah"
5. Navigating with SurahID, The verses do not change immediately when we click surah name. (It works for translators and Tags).

Pending Changes
1. Order of Translator is still not sorted in "View all translation".
2. No Short cuts while writing notes. (Eg: Save , Exit).
3. Filter and clear buttons are not joined, I know you have tried doing this. If its getting difficult just add any shortcut key for remove filter.

New suggestions.
1. Manage tags should have the option for renaming Tag names.
2. You had some plans to add Arabic meanings. I just want you to see this website. I found this website good for using the root meaning
http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm
3. I have imported notes from other versions. when i open the notes search modules. The order of search is wrong, it should be in the order of the verse no.
4. There should be Tag button on right side of each verse.

Selecting Multiple Verse
"Select multiple verse" option is easy, but requires lot of clicks. I might add 15 different verses from different surahs, which would take lot of time.
This option should have only one field which should understand these "1:1 2:3-2:5 5:1-5:5 5:10" . If such a thing is implemented that will be easier to use.

One GOOD thing about the current "select multiple verse" option is that, the order of the verse is according to the order of the verses added. What ever changes you make , just maintain this order of the verses.

Regards,
MAK
Post Posted:
Sun 01 Feb, 2009 5:37 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Hi Ahmed,

Hello mate

QuranandScience wrote:

There are some major bugs , you need to resolve it before officially releasing

Bugs
1. In Notes search module, Search does not work. because the search field is not editable.

This is not a bug, rather a restriction by design that can be resolved, for the time being, use the edit button to initiate editing mode and you can easily search then, you do not need to edit the record though, I will adda remedy to such design issue

QuranandScience wrote:

I will lock it, howevver editing can not be considered a bug, yet you call it major

QuranandScience wrote:

Are you sure?

I will look into that and confirm

QuranandScience wrote:
4. Mouse hover messages in Manage tags module is wrong . "it says go to last surah"

sure, will fix that, but that can not be called a major bug, rather minor

QuranandScience wrote:

5. Navigating with SurahID, The verses do not change immediately when we click surah name. (It works for translators and Tags).

because I wanted to give the user the option to search for a waord withing a sura

QuranandScience wrote:
Pending Changes

I will look into that, I believe I did it though, but will confirm

QuranandScience wrote:

I can not use shortcuts for the type of Toolbar I am using in SOME screens, however I consider major overhaul to such toolbar in those screens to make it conistant

QuranandScience wrote:
3. Filter and clear buttons are not joined, I know you have tried doing this. If its getting difficult just add any shortcut key for remove filter.

I believe I have added the shortcut to remove the filter, on the other hand I can not combine them into one button for the time being as the same butoon is used to unfilter the books marks and tags

QuranandScience wrote:
New suggestions.

I will consider that

QuranandScience wrote:
2. You had some plans to add Arabic meanings. I just want you to see this website. I found this website good for using the root meaning
http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm

No no, I careless about the root things, I will only treat the words as they appeared in the Quran withing context eventhough if I will translate each word individually

QuranandScience wrote:
3. I have imported notes from other versions. when i open the notes search modules. The order of search is wrong, it should be in the order of the verse no.

you can change the order of any field in any form using the A-Z and Z-A buttons in the top tool bar, but I will consider making the default sorting is the suraid -> verseid

QuranandScience wrote:

Ok, I believe you want it so you add verses to Tags quickly, fine I will consider that

QuranandScience wrote:
Selecting Multiple Verse
"Select multiple verse" option is easy, but requires lot of clicks. I might add 15 different verses from different surahs, which would take lot of time.
This option should have only one field which should understand these "1:1 2:3-2:5 5:1-5:5 5:10" . If such a thing is implemented that will be easier to use.

you can actually do it with NO CLICKS at all, type the numbers you want or even press tab to jump to the spin buttons then use the up/down arrows to spin the buttons, then use the short cut to add the verses

you way is naive and has absolutely no way of confirming what the users may type in there, or there might be but the variables are huge, which makes programming usless for such simple request, I'd rather leave it as is and you may try and see how easy to do without any clicks at all

QuranandScience wrote:

One GOOD thing about the current "select multiple verse" option is that, the order of the verse is according to the order of the verses added. What ever changes you make , just maintain this order of the verses.

Regards,
MAK

Salam

Sun 01 Feb, 2009 10:37 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Thanks Ahmed,

I will use only this tool from now, and also i will recommend all my friends to use this tool.

Thanks for all your efforts. I will collect all my feedback and will send you after some time.

Regards,
MAK

No worries mate, Inshallah it will only get better, when I add the Arabic verses without the diacritical marks, it will be fantastic

Yeh I will be open for all merited feedback

Salam

Sun 01 Feb, 2009 10:44 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hello Q&S

I have done most of your last feedback:

Hello mate

QuranandScience wrote:

Fixed

QuranandScience wrote:

Fixed

QuranandScience wrote:

That was a real bug, and it is fixed

QuranandScience wrote:

Fixed, please check all buttons around, I also believe that the way the shortcuts are assigned are randomly stupid, I know that you suggested many shortcuts that make better sense, however there is some restriction in here due to the type of the Toolbar I am using in some screens, the solution will be to replace such Toolbar with my own button, a lot of change so I will consider it in next major overhaul, and by that time we should (with your help) stanndarise all the shortcut rules for all buttons on any screen

QuranandScience wrote:
Pending Changes

Fixed

QuranandScience wrote:

This is one of the screens where i am using such toolbar, another one is the main menu, that is why there is no shortcuts to all buttons on the Main Menu, I hate it, but I can not get around it unless I use my own buttons or another MS Toolbar activeX if there is any around

QuranandScience wrote:
New suggestions.

Done

QuranandScience wrote:

Done

QuranandScience wrote:

Done

Here is the latest version:

http://free-islam.com/downloads/AccessQuranV2_1.zip

Cheers

Sun 01 Feb, 2009 7:53 pm
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Hi Ahmed,

sorry in my last post i have mentioned few minor changes as major bugs. actually I was in a hurry last time while I was writing comments.

I already started quoting ayats from this software, it is very easy and a great tool.
I very much liked the Refute module. Which is good, if people wants to read some interesting topics.

Now i am left with only few minor suggestion.

1. "Export/import" should have a default path "My Documents" , with default filenames like "AQ_Notes.txt". where both path and file names are editable by the user.

2. Can I scroll in Notes and in Notes search module with my arrow keys?

3. In Arabic verses , on my other system still shows }1:1{ , I did not do the changes in control panel on that system. what if you remove the braces {} and just keep 1:1 for arabic language.

4. I love to add tags individually for each verse. But every time it asks for me to replace the existing tag. If mistakenly once i click to replace, then i would loose a good collection of verses. That is why i suggest not to ask this replace popup, and just merge it into existing one.

5. In main menu options , is it possible to add option for "Font Size". I dont have any problem in the current font size, just wondering if any person gets difficulty in reading arabic text in current size then he could change it.

6. Using shortcuts with "Alt" is good, there is no problem in doing that. I am just giving what shortcuts i would prefer. Not All button require shortcuts, only which is use frequently.
Alt + T : Add Tag to an individual verse.
Alt + F : "Find Next" (This is easy to use)
Alt + N : Notes
Alt + C : Copy (Current)
Alt + S : Filter ( S can stand for Selecting Filter)
Alt + A : View all translations
Alt + B : Bookmark the individual verse
Alt + V : View all Tags for current verse.
Alt + R : Remove filter
Alt + M : Menu (Current)
Alt + D : delete all bookmark
Alt + G : Apply Tag to all
------ I give least preference to apply shortcuts for the following
Alt + L : Apply Bookmark to all.
Alt + X : Export verses
Alt + K : Filter by Bookmark
Alt + H : Find from beginning
------
When you build new toolbar for Notes then:
Alt + S : Save
Alt + X : Save & Exit.

7. Check the Hover messages on "View search tags on current verse" at "Tag Name" it shows "surah ID".

8. Earlier I suggested to change the view immediately when a Surah is selected. so you replied that you want the feature to search the word in the current surah. What I am saying is we can still search a word in the current surah , if the view is changed immediately. Let me know if you get it.

Later Versions

1. "Export/import" & "Restore/Merge" module could be combined in later versions.
2. For individual verse "Add Tags" , "View All Tags" can be combined.

Bugs:
1. Bugs while importing the notes.
I created some notes, which had comma in the notes as well "Enter" inside the notes. I used "Cntl+Enter"for going next line. Then I exported that notes and again imported. Then AccessQuran crashhhhhed. Just check the screen shot.
Importing Error
If comma saperation is giving problem , you can export in "Tab" saperation. If still it stucks can we export in access format?

2. This is very interesting bug, I was using all the features of Access , I dont know how did I get this. Check the screen shot.
Error
I tried producing this error again , but i could not do that.
Post Posted:
Mon 02 Feb, 2009 6:35 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Thank you Q&S for your feedback, I will look into it as time gooes by, but I have a quick question please regarding the brackets and the verse number in the Arabic font

do the brackets only appear inverted or the suraid:verseid is also inverted

for example verse 2:1 should appears as so, however, do you see it as 1:2?

Cheers

Mon 02 Feb, 2009 6:57 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Verses are proper , Only braces are inverted. Easy solution would be to remove the braces for arabic font.

Surah 1 comes as } 1:0{ , The numbers are fine.

But when I copy and paste the ayat, it comes in correct way check this.
{14:0 } بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Post Posted:
Mon 02 Feb, 2009 9:22 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Verses are proper , Only braces are inverted. Easy solution would be to remove the braces for arabic font.

Is it only verse 1:1 that appears as so, while the other verses underneath it are fine?

there is no verse 1:0 btw, so is the problem only related to 1:1?

cheers

Mon 02 Feb, 2009 10:17 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
QuranandScience wrote:

Is it only verse 1:1 that appears as so, while the other verses underneath it are fine?

cheers

Check the screen shot
Arabic Font

Copy paste works fine.
Post Posted:
Mon 02 Feb, 2009 11:04 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
QuranandScience wrote:

cheers

Check the screen shot
Arabic Font

Copy paste works fine.

Yeh i know such issue, it is not on my laptop though, and many other ones, I think it is related to the right to left issue, so I guess it is best to get rid of the brackets, I have tried writing the numbers in Arabic but Access VBA code akways convert it to English numbers

Salam

Mon 02 Feb, 2009 11:12 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Ahmed can you write a small "thanks note" with my name (M.A.Khalique) in "About Access Quran".
Post Posted:
Mon 02 Feb, 2009 12:10 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Ahmed can you write a small "thanks note" with my name (M.A.Khalique) in "About Access Quran".

Oh course mate, will do right now so I won't forget

can you propose something?

how about:

My special thanks to M.A.Khalique who helped great deal in making Access Quran a reality.

what do you think?

Mon 02 Feb, 2009 12:36 pm
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:

My special thanks to M.A.Khalique who helped great deal in making Access Quran a reality.

what do you think?

Thats fine.

Thanks,
MAK
Post Posted:
Mon 02 Feb, 2009 1:27 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hello Q&S

Can you please suggest the use of the functions keys as a way of editing, saving, adding, deleting functionlity (for the notes only)

The shortcuts issue is not that simple, I had to do some changes, for example, all the buttons in the main menu will be accessed by pressing one key instead of Alt + Key, however all other button types (filter, find, etc etc) will be shortcuted by using Alt + Key

now for the notes, and other screens where I am using the MS Toolbar menu (like the main menu, the import/export, the merge/restore, options) I can only shortcut the buttons by sensing a single key press, however this won't work with the notes as while you type you may press that key that I will be sensing, therefore for such screens we must use the Functions keys, did you get what I mean?

Salam

Mon 02 Feb, 2009 11:46 pm