You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Progressivemuslims.org a non-Muslim site?
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Progressivemuslims.org a non-Muslim site?

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
The
Rook
Rook

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: Progressivemuslims.org a non-Muslim site? Reply with quote  

Got the following from a website:

Quote:
I come from a Qaraylar Jewish family disguised as Catholics and was brought up with the belief that the Quran is a version of our own "Qeryana Ha Kefa" which pertains to monotheism for HaToshavim HaGarim. Others slandering us as Nazi collaborators have recently dismissed our beliefs as heretical innovation(1). Although shamed into hiding from my heart by comments like these, I remained deeply curious about whether there was any basis to our beliefs I decided to try and learn as much as I could about the Qeraim of Arabia around the turn of the 7th century AD. I remember the first time I picked up a copy of the Quran at the age of 18 I was quite critical but was forced to deal with Qaraylar Jewish tradition while reading it and by the time I had finished I was moved that indeed no part of it which disagreeed with Qaraylar tradition. Thus began my life-long interest. I wanted to see for myself whether or not there is any evidence that the Quran might have originated with our Qeryana HaKefa. I joined a group of Hanif Sabians who had established an online Quranic community which invited non-muslims to share insight regarding the Quran. In time this group evolved into what is now called Progressive or Reform Islam and although we contributed much to the English translations of the Quran which they published, input from members like me was no longer welcomed. With the start of the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq at about the same time the Sabians disappeared and I was forced to take on the very difficult task of facing the Qeraylar skeleton in the family closet alone.

Last edited by The on Fri 16 Apr, 2010 2:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Posted:
Sat 13 Feb, 2010 12:43 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salam bro The

The guy who wrote the above, did he revert to Islam?

If he is a Jew or a Christian he is welcome to join in here to express his views freely and without any influence of current affairs

Cheers

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 6:48 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

I wouldn't know, buddy; I got that from a website. From the rest of his post it seems he is still a Qaraylar Jew. I posted this especially for the part about the "Progressive Islam" community on the Internet. Take care.
Post Posted:
Sat 13 Feb, 2010 3:13 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

In ahmedbahgat's article "The house of Allah in the eyes of the aloners on free-minds ( http://free-islam.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5437 ), I gave a clear-cut example of how a dissimulator at free-minds.org has twisted the meaning of verses 37:137-138 to drag Jerusalem into the picture.

If you check out their translation for 2:158 at wikisource, AlSafa and AlMarwa have been translated as "the camel" and "goat heavy with milk". It's pretty obvious that the mounds at Mecca present a problem to the disbeliever, so he has come up with this tortured translation to undermine Mecca as the location of the Kaaba. See you how this sad disbeliever bends and twists the verses of the Quran as if it were a book written in jest? But the Quran has already exposed his likes:

5:57 O believers, take not as your friends those of them, who were given the Book before you, and the unbelievers, who take your religion in mockery and as a sport -- and fear God, if you are believers

Now read the words of the Qaraylar Jew:

I joined a group of Hanif Sabians who had established an online Quranic community which invited non-muslims to share insight regarding the Quran. In time this group evolved into what is now called Progressive or Reform Islam and although we contributed much to the English translations of the Quran which they published, input from members like me was no longer welcomed.

There is indeed one such online community which has published a Quran translation of its own, and that is progressivemuslims.org/free-minds.org. At amazon.com, under "about the author":

The Monotheist Group is a pen name used by the Free-Minds Organization which is an Islamic reform movement that began in 1997, dedicated to the promotion of God alone.

No wonder the Qaraylar guy called them a progressive or reform Islam group. And guess what, Jews and Christians consider themselves monotheists, so it's a very convenient tag these disbelievers have adopted. No wonder these disbelievers call 'Islam' and 'Muslim' "mere labels".

Say: 'Shall I tell you of a recompense with God, worse than that? Whomsoever God has cursed, and with whom He is wroth, and made some of them apes and swine, and worshippers of idols -- they are worse situated, and have gone further astray from the right way.

It's amazing how the Quran contains verses which fit the dissimulators to a T. Yet, they don't perceive that these are the Signs of God.
Post Posted:
Fri 16 Apr, 2010 2:20 am
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

But credit goes to these guys for apparently recognizing that the Quran is a persuasive book, a fact which seems to have been lost on the billion plus traditional Muslims. I have come across scores of traditional Muslims who claim that "It is clear that these guys are not Muslims and that they have a design," yet when I try to discuss with them the shortcomings of traditions (ahadith), their ready retort is "If we try to follow the Quran alone, and don't follow ahadith, we become like these Quran Aloners".

What traditionalists are then saying is that if you follow the Quran alone, you start disbelieving and distorting the verses of the Quran. By claiming that it is "clear that these guys are not Muslims" and still addressing them as "Quran Aloners," traditionalists show just how much faith they place in the Quran. In their reckoning following the Quran alone is the same as not being a Muslim. I say that if following the Quran alone (and not predetermined conclusions) is what led these guys to the (tortured) translations and interpretations, then they are vastly superior to the billion plus inert lumps of clay that pass off as traditionalists.
Post Posted:
Sat 17 Apr, 2010 7:26 pm