You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Allah/AlIlah: Does 'Allah' have a meaning?
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Allah/AlIlah: Does 'Allah' have a meaning?

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
The
Rook
Rook

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

As expected more pussyfooting, dude. I will help you:

اللَّهِ Allah

لِلَّهِ li Allah
Post Posted:
Sun 21 Feb, 2010 6:59 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

The wrote:

اللَّهِ Allah

لِلَّهِ li Allah

Well, mister ignorant and dumb bum, this example of yours really exposes you

The Alif in Allah must be omitted if the words Allah preceded by the Hraf Li, this is because yuou dumb bum if we do not omit it it will look like this

لالله

which means NOT ALLAH, therefore it must be omitted

In some other situations the omittion is optional:

The word ?????????????????????¢??Allah?????????????????????¢??????????????????????; one may say يا الله ?????????????????????¢??yā Allah?????????????????????¢?????????????????????? (O Alah) with or without pronouncing the Hamza in ?????????????????????¢??Allah.

On the other hand

we have the this valid Arabic word الاله, al-ilah about which people like ignorant brother The wants to manipulate and make it Allah, which is fine ONLY if the such Arabic word الاله is not a word in the Arabic vocabulary any more, i.e. INVALID

The fact of the mater that the name Allah can never be written without the Al, like any of his other names with the excpetion of Alrahman) like Aziz & Al-Aziz, Rahim & Al-Rahim, this conclusively

This means that Allah and Alrahman are unique names of His and the letters Al cannot be omitted

I had this discussion with a fluent Arabic speaker from Egypt and I concluded that the other name of Allah (Alrahman) should never be translated the Al in cannot be dropped exactly as the name Allah

Keep dancing brother The

Sun 21 Feb, 2010 7:39 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Another lie, pussyfooter; there is no such concern that li would get assimilated with the alif and look like "not Allah". Li does not have an alif, only a small vowel.

Here is another example where 'alif' has been dropped and is opportune under the circumstance:

لِلْكَافِرِينَ

The Egyptian guy you alleged to have met was probably another runt who read half a book on Arabic and decided he knew all. And the two of you couldn't tell each other apart. Take care.
Post Posted:
Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:12 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

The wrote:
Another lie, pussyfooter; there is no such concern that li would get assimilated with the alif and look like "not Allah". Li does not have an alif, only a small vowel.

Here is another example where 'alif' has been dropped and is opportune under the circumstance:

لِلْكَافِرِينَ

The Egyptian guy you alleged to have met was probably another runt who read half a book on Arabic and decided he knew all. And the two of you couldn't tell each other apart. Take care.

But you still did not tell us, punk, why the alif is dropped?

Another the question, sharmoot

Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:25 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Let's keep it at that

You believe that Allah is a combination of Al + Ilah

I do not believe so and for me Allah is a unique name like Alrahman

Time to agree to disagree

Salam

Added later:

And BTW the example you brought in is flawed, because we are not talking about what a HARF GAR like Li or Bi will do to the following word that starts with Alif

We are talking about what the definite device Al does to the following word that starts with Alif, like Ilah or any other word starting with Alif

Certainly the Al does not cause the alif to be omitted, as in Al-Aaraf, Al-Anfal, and even Al-Ilah, the likes of you who lacks Arabic need explain to us why in the case of Allah, the device Al caused the alif to be omitted

Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:27 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

The fact that dropping of alif is not restricted to the case of Allah should be enough to not allow any slapper to go speculating, but that is what you did.

If you want to know why alif is dropped then do a study on it. I don't come around to show slappers what's lacking in their assets. But here's something that might get you started:

So how did the change occur from al-ilah to Allah? According to Ibn `Ashur, a modern commentator from Tunisia, the “hamza: i” of al-[i]lah was eventually omitted to make Allah, due to its excessive use in reference to the supreme being. This is not uncommon in Arabic, for al-nas (pronounced annas: people) was originally al-[u]nas, but again, the “hamza: u” was omitted due to excessive use. In both cases, the older word may still be used.9 It would be reasonable to argue that due to its sacred status, Allah (God’s proper name) should not have to go through this kind of morphological metamorphosis. And yet it is precisely because of the value and respect accorded to it and to its reference (God) that it was understandably easier that it goes through such change.

If you think enough has been said then lock the thread, buddy. Take care. Very Happy
Post Posted:
Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:36 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

If you are looking for a detailed explanation then look up Lane's; he offers both the points of view.
Post Posted:
Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:41 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

The wrote:

اللَّهِ Allah

لِلَّهِ li Allah

You example above is flawed, because the Li did not remove the Alif only, rather the Alif and Lam

Unlike when we use it with any other word that starts with Alif and Lam, like Al-Alameen, as in this case the Alif only in Al is omitted, see this verse:

3:96 ان اول بيت وضع للناس للذي ببكه مباركا وهدى للعالمين

see the word: للعالمين , Lilalameen, only the Alif in Al is omitted

Unlike your flawed example: لِلَّهِ , Lilah as in this case BOTH the ALIF and LAM are omitted, therefore the Al in Allah cannot be the definite Al

obviously you ignorant goons do not know what you are talking about.

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Posted:
Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:43 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

The wrote:
If you think enough has been said then lock the thread, buddy. Take care. Very Happy

You go and lock it, I have no problem with that, I said all what I need to say that the Al in Allah is not the definite Al in Arabic, and the name Allah is a unique word that is only used explicit for Him as name like Alrahman

Salam

Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:45 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

There are many Arab linguists who have traced the word to 'ilah,' so I don't see why you have closed your mind to it. Anyway, this argument lost the decorum. Thanks for the discussion, buddy; take care.
Post Posted:
Sun 21 Feb, 2010 8:51 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

The wrote:
There are many Arab linguists who have traced the word to 'ilah,' so I don't see why you have closed your mind to it. Anyway, this argument lost the decorum. Thanks for the discussion, buddy; take care.

Because no one of them explained why the Alif in Ilah is dropped after adding the Al, as well why the arabic word Al-Ilah is still valid word?

Their allegation is the one that should cause confusion trying to explain the unique name of Allah

For me, I do not need to explain a name of anything other than it is the name of such thing, therefore my allegation is one that should not cause any confusion, nor that I need to explain the mystery of dropping the alif in ilah

salam

Sun 21 Feb, 2010 9:01 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Was 'Allah' used before the revelation of the Quran? Or did it come into circulation with the revelation?
Post Posted:
Sun 21 Feb, 2010 9:13 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

See this photo, brother The:

Thumbnail, click to enlarge.

It lists some of the words that starts with the definite article Al, preceded by Harf Gar Li, in all cases only the Alif in Al is dropped

while in the example you brought لله, both letters in Al are dropped, this actually proves that the word Allah is unique and is certainly not like any other word starting with Al

Sun 21 Feb, 2010 9:18 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

I will look at this more in-depth, brother.

I do think that Allah was used even before the revelation of the Quran. What do you think about it?
Post Posted:
Sun 21 Feb, 2010 9:25 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

The wrote:
Was 'Allah' used before the revelation of the Quran? Or did it come into circulation with the revelation?

It seems it was before Islam as far as I believe, however Allah might have taught Adam His unique names especially that Allah taught Adam all the names

Sun 21 Feb, 2010 9:25 pm