You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Allah/AlIlah: Does 'Allah' have a meaning?
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Allah/AlIlah: Does 'Allah' have a meaning?

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

I want to reply to this one too

The wrote:
@ I really dont know why they removed the alif, however I read in the past (many years ago) that it can be written with Alif, I will try to find it for you, this is like Ya Allah, and Yallah

It will be better when there is a definite explanation as to why the alif is missing in 'bism' Allah.

The Quran grammar in general does not follow the man made grammar rules, so you might say why it is not the case with the word Allah then? Which is a good point of course. I say because all other names like Aziz, Al-Aziz, Rahim, Al-Rahim, etc etc are consistent with the man made rules, in fact the man made grammar rules were invented based on the Quran, that is why the Quran sometimes violates it, because the Quran did not come with grammar explanation. This tells me that Allah is a unique word that is even different to all other names from which you can remove the Al and still be used with Allah, only Allah is the one word for which if you remove the Al, you end up with non sensible word, Lah. (and I mean word, not root)

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Posted:
Mon 22 Feb, 2010 6:56 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The
Rook
Rook

Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

I am repeating this because you might miss it as we posted at almost the same time, and this one got stuck on the previous page:

I think this will help us resolve some misunderstanding, brother. What do you mean by 'god' when you say "grammatically, Ilah should refer to any god".

I ask this because I think now I understand where we are not looking eye to eye.
Post Posted:
Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:01 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

@ Fine, but the Quran also used the word to refer to other man made gods

The Quran employs the word to tell the disbelievers that they are wrong, brother. It tells them they have taken as aalihatan others than Allah, for which they have no authority, and have invented falsehood. It is condemning them, not endorsing its usage.

These, our people, have chosen (other) aalihatan beside Him though they bring no clear warrant (vouchsafed) to them. And who doth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah?

It's like the words "Allah is third of three" being found in the Quran. The words are present in the Quran, but the Quran doesn't endorse them.
Post Posted:
Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:14 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

The wrote:
I am repeating this because you might miss it as we posted at almost the same time, and this one got stuck on the previous page:

I think this will help us resolve some misunderstanding, brother. What do you mean by 'god' when you say "grammatically, Ilah should refer to any god".

I ask this because I think now I understand where we are not looking eye to eye.

I mean that the word mean any god real or man made, only the context of its sentence should determine which god we are talking about, real or man made

However for a believer like you or me, we know well that there is no other god than Allah, but that does not in anyway invalidate any context of using the word to refer to any man made and imaginary god, the Quran used the word Ilah and its plural Aliha many times to refer to man made gods or imaginary gods

in fact, the arabic word Al-Ilah can never be understood to refer to the one and only God unless it is put in such context or just taken for granted by believers like you and me that it means The Only God

Howveer using the word Allah alone clearly and explicitly if used by me, you or any kafir, it means the unique name of the God of the Quran, about Whom the Quran says He is the Only Ilah

Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:17 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

@ I mean that the word mean any god real or man made, only the context of its sentence should determine which god we are talking about, real or man made

I can understand the real 'god,' but how can there be a man-made 'god'? A man-made god is simply a falsehood. Refer to my post above, buddy.

@ However for a believer like you or me, we know well that there is no other god than Allah, but that does not in anyway invalidate any context of using the word to refer to any man made and imaginary god, the Quran used the word Ilah and its plural Aliha many times to refer to man made gods or imaginary gods

Refer to my post above.

@ in fact, the arabic word Al-Ilah can never be understood to refer to the one and only God unless it is put in such context or just taken for granted by believers like you and me that it means The Only God

I don't know what you mean by that. When Allah says He Alone is Ilah, then Ilah can only be understood to refer to Him.

@ Howveer using the word Allah alone clearly and explicitly if used by me, you or any kafir, it menas the God of the Quran, about which the Quran says He is the Only Ilah

Many Christians use the word to refer to 'Allah' in their Bible, who has a son. Likewise the Pagans also used Allah to refer to the one who they believed has daughters. So that's incorrect, brother.
Post Posted:
Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:31 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

The wrote:
@ I mean that the word mean any god real or man made, only the context of its sentence should determine which god we are talking about, real or man made

I can understand the real 'god,' but how can there be a man-made 'god'? A man-made god is simply a falsehood. Refer to my post above, buddy.

Why read it again? I already read it

It seems you get that if the word Ilah is used to refer to a man made god or an imaginary god, then that god exists?

This is silly, man

The wrote:
@ However for a believer like you or me, we know well that there is no other god than Allah, but that does not in anyway invalidate any context of using the word to refer to any man made and imaginary god, the Quran used the word Ilah and its plural Aliha many times to refer to man made gods or imaginary gods

Refer to my post above.

But the problem is at your end by thinking that by using the word Ilah to refer to false gods, it means that those gods exist

I really donot know how to solve such problem of yours

The wrote:
@ in fact, the arabic word Al-Ilah can never be understood to refer to the one and only God unless it is put in such context or just taken for granted by believers like you and me that it means The Only God

I don't know what you mean by that. When Allah says He Alone is Ilah, then Ilah can only be understood to refer to Him.

See how the problem is at your end, well I know that as a believer but the same One and Only God referred to those man made gods using the word Ilah

If you have a problem with that, then you should have a problem with the Quran

The wrote:
@ Howveer using the word Allah alone clearly and explicitly if used by me, you or any kafir, it menas the God of the Quran, about which the Quran says He is the Only Ilah

Many Christians use the word to refer to 'Allah' in their Bible, who has a son. Likewise the Pagans also used Allah to refer to the one who they believed has daughters. So that's incorrect, brother.

That is why the Quarn replied to them and accused them of being kafirs, this is because they talk about Allah, i.e. the nae of the God of the Quran, i.e. the One and Only God, had they say that jesus (who is their manmade god) had a son, the Quran would not have cared, because they are not talking about Allah

Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:42 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

@That is why the Quarn replied to them and accused them of being kafirs, this is because they talk about Allah

Then why did you claim that even if a "kafir" uses the word Allah he is referring to God of Quran? Your claim was erroneous.

I could hardly make anything of the rest of what you posted, buddy.

I will leave it at this: Anybody who says that Allah or Ilah can refer to other than God is a disbeliever and has invented a falsehood.

21:25 there is no Ilah other than I
Post Posted:
Mon 22 Feb, 2010 7:56 pm