You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Praising the Prophet!
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Praising the Prophet!

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Hadith & Sunnah   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Faith: Islam

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Praising the Prophet! Reply with quote  

Salam,

A common practice I know in India/Pakistan people recite 'darood sharif'.

(Allah humma salai ala Mohammadin wala alie Mohammadin kama salaita ala Ibraheema wala alai ibraheema ina ka hameedum majeed.Allah huma barik ala Mohammadin wala alai Mohammadin kama barakta ala ibraheema wala alai ibraheema ina ka hameedumajeed)

"O Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You had blessed Abraham and the family of Abraham. You are the Most Praised, the Most Glorious.
O Allah, bestow Your grace upon Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad as You had bestowed Your grace upon Abraham and on the family of Abraham. You are the Most Praised, the Most Glorious."

I have asked about this from brother AB longtime back, but couldnt remember. My understanding, Allah does ask us to praise the prophet but is there any definate way to praise according to quran. Any explaination there for this?
Post Posted:
Tue 06 Feb, 2007 11:12 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

saudiarabia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

As far as I know Allaah is praised the Prophet in the quran. If i remember the exact words. With history.

When Prophet was really down, Allaah did say in the Quran "you are of the exalted character". But exact praise i dont exactly know.

I know (Darood e sharieff) this should be read in the Salah, after the Tashahud its not fard, but a sunnah. Overall, according to the hadith narrated you can invoke Allaah after the TAshahud but its its better in Arabic otherwise own mother tongue would do.

But to my best of knowledge atleast this praise is better, does not take you out of the boundary of Praising Prophet equivalent to Allaah.

I remember one of those and this was the limit the saying goes"If you(Prophet) wouldnt have been there, God's(Allaah) godliness(attributes, characteristics) wouldnt have been there.

Well, i ask these chaps Allaah is already spoken good about the Prophet in the Quran, why do you hve to praise the Prophet.

Alhamdullillaah he was a great human by the will of Allaah, a good example for many of us Alhamdullillaah but equalling to Allaah is not permissible.

This just got a way too long and not what brother life questioned. Very Happy

Allaah knows the best.
Post Posted:
Tue 06 Feb, 2007 5:15 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Re: Praising the Prophet! Reply with quote  

life wrote:
Salam,

A common practice I know in India/Pakistan people recite 'darood sharif'.

(Allah humma salai ala Mohammadin wala alie Mohammadin kama salaita ala Ibraheema wala alai ibraheema ina ka hameedum majeed.Allah huma barik ala Mohammadin wala alai Mohammadin kama barakta ala ibraheema wala alai ibraheema ina ka hameedumajeed)

"O Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You had blessed Abraham and the family of Abraham. You are the Most Praised, the Most Glorious.
O Allah, bestow Your grace upon Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad as You had bestowed Your grace upon Abraham and on the family of Abraham. You are the Most Praised, the Most Glorious."

I have asked about this from brother AB longtime back, but couldnt remember. My understanding, Allah does ask us to praise the prophet but is there any definate way to praise according to quran. Any explaination there for this?

Salam bro

Actually man Allah never asked us to praise the prophet as far as I believe, He praised him a lot but that is a differnt story, we were asked by Allah at least 4 times in the Quran not to make any distinction between any of His prophets, that should say it all,

regarding the salat, well I'm still confused regarding the merit of saying it in the lats Tashahud, however because Ibrahim is mentioned, I feel more comfortable to recite it in the salat, also I don't see it as praising rather stating a fact while doing the salat.

I really believe that Salla Allah Alaihi Wa Sallim is not a praise rather a fact

Allah knows best

Salam

Tue 06 Feb, 2007 7:11 pm
KGB

Faith:

I believe that saying Shahada during prayers and Doroud could be forgiven by Allah (SWT) because of Hadiths which has caused so much confusion and this if it is wrong will be forgiven by Allah (SWT) mercy.
Post Posted:
Sat 10 Feb, 2007 2:17 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

KGB wrote:
I believe that saying Shahada during prayers and Doroud could be forgiven by Allah (SWT) because of Hadiths which has caused so much confusion and this if it is wrong will be forgiven by Allah (SWT) mercy.

Welcome bro

Finally you podted on FI Smile

Yeh mate that is what I beleieve as well, I hope we are right mate

Take care

Sat 10 Feb, 2007 7:21 am
Life
Pawn
Pawn

botswana.gif

Salam folks,

Welcome on board KGB!

Now let me add a dollar against 2 cents which normally is added. The shahada, I totally agree with brother Ahmed and along with many other scholars. BUT the question is who are these folks and why are they taking up this issue? Mostly aloners, I believe there will be many many people in sunni/shia/etc faith who would be knowing this, yet they dont engage in this subject because there are zillions of other real life issues which are more important than this shahada.

So whats the point of bringing shahada issue in light today? The so called bloody aloners do it, to get people in their sect. And if these people are really so sincere they would be working to cut the increasing gap between muslims, but no, they use it for their own agenda.

I agree with KGB and I personally think why would Allah question us for what we didnt know.

Have your say!
Post Posted:
Sat 10 Feb, 2007 9:48 am
KGB

Faith:

Brother Ahmad,

I will be here whenever get the time to be with my brothers you and TG and others brothers and sisters on the forum.

Thank you brother Life for welcome.
Post Posted:
Sun 11 Feb, 2007 2:02 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

KGB wrote:
Brother Ahmad,

I will be here whenever get the time to be with my brothers you and TG and others brothers and sisters on the forum.

Thank you brother Life for welcome.

To my pleasure bro

Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:01 am