You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - soul and the body
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information soul and the body

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Hadith & Sunnah   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
The
Rook
Rook

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: soul and the body Reply with quote  

# okay....i understand that bodies have a "soul"....right?

...then when is the soul "united with/placed in" the body? inside the womb? some other time? any ideas people? (-:
Post Posted:
Mon 04 Dec, 2006 8:56 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

ok bro i will take it bit by bit because this is a very tough subject

i was told by a knwledgeabla man the the soul ca't be in the body in two 2 cases:

1) during sleep

2) massive damage to the body like a car accident for example

of course both controlled by Allah, he told us about the first case in the Quran as you know

not sure what do you mean by inside the wombs

cheers

Mon 04 Dec, 2006 11:27 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
ahmedbahgat wrote:
ok bro i will take it bit by bit because this is a very tough subject

i was told by a knwledgeabla man the the soul ca't be in the body in two 2 cases:

1) during sleep

2) massive damage to the body like a car accident for example

of course both controlled by Allah, he told us about the first case in the Quran as you know

# yes bro...i appreciate ur input! (-:

Quote:
not sure what do you mean by inside the wombs

# i was wondering as to when is the soul first placed in/united with the body? i wonder if i have made myself a bit more clear! S-:
Post Posted:
Tue 05 Dec, 2006 12:04 am
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Capricorn

saudiarabia.gif

By chance are you referring to a verse in the Quran where Allaah through an angel blows the spirit inside the womb.
Post Posted:
Tue 05 Dec, 2006 1:52 am
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
By chance are you referring to a verse in the Quran where Allaah through an angel blows the spirit inside the womb.

# nopes bro....i am asking when is the soul first "placed in/united with" the body....of any human! (-:

## looks like the soul is placed in a body whilst it (the body) is still in the womb..or does it?
Post Posted:
Tue 05 Dec, 2006 2:37 am
Anonymous

Faith:

Salam brother,

Long time no see Wink Im very busy nowadays with work, but inshallah soon ill be back fulltime. Hmmm! life, death. death, life. interesting. This subject always fasinate me.

## looks like the soul is placed in a body whilst it (the body) is still in the womb..or does it?

Appearanty yes because the baby in the body is alive, so living humans do have soul. If the baby in womb is sleeping then their is no soul, as bro AB mentioned above. (Can this hv any connection to a verse which says 'we dont remember our 1st birth' ?)

Anyway at what point in womb body gets soul? Cant sperm be considerd alive in tht manner?
Post Posted:
Mon 14 May, 2007 5:58 am
Top of Page
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Anonymous wrote:
Salam brother,

Long time no see Wink Im very busy nowadays with work, but inshallah soon ill be back fulltime. Hmmm! life, death. death, life. interesting. This subject always fasinate me.

Appearanty yes because the baby in the body is alive, so living humans do have soul. If the baby in womb is sleeping then their is no soul, as bro AB mentioned above. (Can this hv any connection to a verse which says 'we dont remember our 1st birth' ?)

Anyway at what point in womb body gets soul? Cant sperm be considerd alive in tht manner?

Salam bro

There is a few verses in the Quran that describes the phases of the creation of humans in the wombs, after going through the phases "like bones then the flesh, etc, it says at the end as far as I remember "Thumma Jaalnah Khalqan Akhr", this may be taken as the moment that the soul is inserted in the body,

What I said above is nothing but conjecture so Allah knows best

Salam

Mon 14 May, 2007 9:38 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
Long time no see

# yeah, dear...i ain't being online a lot of late! (-:

Quote:
Im very busy nowadays with work,

# glad to hear that, buddy...better very busy than idle! (-:

Quote:
but inshallah soon ill be back fulltime.

# hopefully! (-:

Quote:
Hmmm! life, death. death, life. interesting. This subject always fasinate me.

# very interesting, yes! apart from * god's morality, ** god's existence, this is 1 of the subjects that sets me athinkin'!

Quote:
Appearanty yes because the baby in the body is alive, so living humans do have soul.

# hmmm!

Quote:
If the baby in womb is sleeping then their is no soul, as bro AB mentioned above.

# hmmm!

Quote:
(Can this hv any connection to a verse which says 'we dont remember our 1st birth' ?)

# sowwy,bud...my knowledge is quite pathetic...much like my memory...cld u be kind enough to point out the verse? (-:

Quote:

# hmmm....myself, i don't think either the male or female gamete would qualify as "living"; zygote i think stands a better chance of being called "living", atleast in that it carries the required "data" to result in a birth!

...what do u say?

## take care, bud...salam! (-:
Post Posted:
Tue 15 May, 2007 4:46 am
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
ahmedbahgat wrote:
There is a few verses in the Quran that describes the phases of the creation of humans in the wombs, after going through the phases "like bones then the flesh, etc, it says at the end as far as I remember "Thumma Jaalnah Khalqan Akhr", this may be taken as the moment that the soul is inserted in the body,

23:12 Walaqad khalaqna al-insana minsulalatin min teenin

23:12ولقد خلقنا الانسان من سلالة من طين

23:12 Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay)

23:13 Thumma jaAAalnahu nutfatan feeqararin makeenin

23:13 ثم جعلناه نطفة في قرار مكين

23:13 Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed;

23:14 Thumma khalaqna alnnutfataAAalaqatan fakhalaqna alAAalaqata mudghatanfakhalaqna almudghata AAithamanfakasawna alAAithama lahmanthumma ansha/nahu khalqan akhara fatabarakaAllahu ahsanu alkhaliqeena

23:14 ثم خلقنا النطفة علقة فخلقنا العلقة مضغة فخلقنا المضغة عظاما فكسونا العظام لحما ثم انشاناه خلقا اخر فتبارك الله احسن الخالقين

23:14 Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

this is my understanding:

23: 12 and indeed did we create the human from an extract from clay

23: 13 then did we render it (into) a zygote in an agreeable place

23: 14 then did we create the zygote (into) an embryo, then did we create the embryo (into) foetus, then did we create the foetus (into) bones, then did we dress the bones (with) flesh, then did we generate/spawn it (into) remaining creation, fatabarakaAllahu ahsanu alkhaliqeena

# a friend thinks i have made a bold translation...if u feel the same, trash me (xcept for the word "makeen")! :-S

...but i ain't online much now-a-days...so bear with my belated replies, budz! (-:

## take care! (-:
Post Posted:
Tue 15 May, 2007 5:06 am
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
i wrote:
23: 14 then did we create the zygote (into) an embryo, then did we create the embryo (into) foetus, then did we create the foetus (into) bones, then did we dress the bones (with) flesh, then did we generate/spawn it (into) remaining creation, fatabarakaAllahu ahsanu alkhaliqeena

# okay...major correction:

## the foetal period commences at the end of the eight week, and the bones and the muscles are developed before the commencement of the foetal period - so my translating "almughdata" as foetus, given that the foetal period is understood as beginning after the development of bones and muscles, is mistaken!

the process by which the embryo (alaq) further develops is called tissue differentiation, and it probably is what is referred to as "almughdata." for lack of an alternative, i will use "differeniated tissues"

## this is how it would read:

23: 14 then did we create the zygote (into) an embryo, then did we create the embryo (into) differentiated tissues , then did we create the differentiated tissues (into) bones, then did we dress the bones (with) flesh, then did we generate/spawn it (into) remaining creation, fatabarakaAllahu ahsanu alkhaliqeena
Post Posted:
Thu 17 May, 2007 3:33 am